• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kalief Browder spent 3 years in jail for allegedly stealing a backpack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The mother is now dead.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/kal...ngs-himself-following-horrific-rikers-ordeal/

But it was too late for Browder, who hung himself with an air-condition chord, reportedly telling his mother,“ Ma, I can’t take it anymore,” the night before his suicide. Now, the New York Daily News reports that his 63-year-old mother has literally died of a broken heart. Browder suffered a fatal heart attack, and the family’s lawyer told the Daily News she’d died from stress.

“She was a woman of incredible grace and compassion who tirelessly fought for justice for her son Kalief and who championed the civil rights of others in our city,” the lawyer, Paul Prestia, told the Daily News. “But the stress from this crusade coupled with the strain of the pending lawsuits against the city and the pain from the death were too much to for her to bear. In my opinion she literally died of a broken heart.”

Fucking hell.

This story broke my heart when it first broke, and now after seeing his mother has passed away as well I have nothing else to say other than the justice system in the US should be a more important issue than most people would lead you to believe it is.

I'm starting to lose what little faith I had in Law Enforcement a bit more each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom