• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation - Secondaries and Showa Riders.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
CG REVEAL TRAILER

The original Kamen Rider Battride War was a rather low-budget, but decent Musou-style Kamen Rider game with a decent cast of characters. Although it only included the (at the time) 14 Modern Kamen Riders, plus the post-W series secondary Riders of Accel, Birth, Meteor, and Beast, the Kamen Riders had multiple forms they could switch between which helped make the roster feel more fleshed out, and it was a very solid game.

A year later, we got Battride War 2. Now, in the original Battride War, many other Kamen Riders appeared---mainly the secondaries from the pre-W series---as support characters. Many people were hoping they'd be added as playable in Battride War 2, as their models in the original felt fairly unique enough to make them playable. Unfortunately, Battride War 2 was an extreme disappointment in that regard. Only three new Riders were added as playable, and all from the latest Kamen Rider Kamen Rider Gaim---Gaim himself, the secondary Baron, and Shin Zangetsu as DLC. Apart from that, some of the Riders got a handful of new forms mainly that were exclusive to the films, and against all expectations, the only other new character was Tokugawa Yoshimune---who isn't even a Kamen Rider but a famous character from an old Japanese samurai drama who appeared in the OOOs film. Naturally, fans were pissed, and Battride War 2 was skipped over by many for feeling like a full-priced expansion pack.

Now, after a long gap between sequels, Battride War Creation has been announced, and our prayers have been answered!

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/08/kamen-rider-battride-war-creation-officially-announced-for-ps4-ps3-and-vita/

The biggest news is that all the secondaries who appeared in Battride War 1 will now be playable---this is G3X (unknown if his base form G3 will appear, but it's probable), Knight, Kaixa, Garren, Ibuki, Gatack, Zeronos, Ixa, and Diend. Furthermore, there will now be a secondary playable Kuuga based on the Decade version, and Eternal who appeared in Battride War 1 as a major enemy will also be playable.

There are a couple of Kamen Riders who appeared in Battride War 1 and 2 who have yet to be announced as playable, but are a possibility since they have usable models---New Den-O, Skull, Dark Kiva, Odin, Bujin Gaim, Sorcerer, Arc, Gaoh, Caucasus, and Ryuga.

Drive and Mach, from Kamen Rider Drive, will also be making their debut in Battride War...the third Kamen Rider of Kamen Rider Drive, Kamen Rider Chase, is still unaccounted for. The upcoming Kamen Rider Ghost will also be debuting as well---and some speculate that the secondary of Ghost, Kamen Rider Spectre, who has yet to be formally revealed may also appear as a playable character, but that is only speculation at this point.

Finally, perhaps the biggest news, after their absence in the past two Battride Wars, a majority of the classic Showa Riders will be appearing: Rider 1, Rider 2, V3, X, Amazon, Stronger, Skyrider, Super-1, Black, and Black RX. Unfortunately, it does not say if they're playable, but I speculate they will be. Why? Well, there's no mention of Riderman here---V3's "secondary"---who seems like he's support character tier, and his absence here makes me think these are the Showa Riders who will be specifically playable. But we'll have to wait and see!

There's no mention of what Riders will return as playable, but I assume we'll see everyone from Battride War 1 and 2 return except perhaps Tokugawa Yoshimune. Gaim's Kiwami Form---which was DLC---will probably become part of the regular Gaim's moveset, and Baron will probably gain his Lemon Energy Arms which wasn't included in Battride War 2. Zangetsu Shin who was DLC might be added to the main roster, and his base Zangetsu form perhaps may be playable as his base form with Shin serving as his "Super Mode". Oddly, no mention of Ryugen, who appeared in Battride War 2 as a support character, but I'd say he has a chance since he has enough material to work with.

Beyond them, I figure the secondaries, and the playable Showa characters, might be all the new additions to the roster---but hey, that's way more than I expected, and I'm satisfied.

Kamen Rider Battride War Creation is coming 2016 to the PS3, PS4, and Vita. Unlike Battride War 2, it appears they're skipping over the Wii U this time around.

BTA

I still haven't played the majority of 2; I might get into the unfortunate loop of doing what I did to 1 and finishing it right before this comes out. In any case, I'm in for PS4.

It's worth noting that apparently Battride War (to some extent) was mashed up into Summon Ride, their toys to life thing. Which then won Kusoge Of The Year. Not really surprised they're back to a regular Battride War after that.

I'm glad they're ditching that poor attempt at cashing in on Skylanders money and going back to the Battride War series. Hopefully having this new one available on PS4 will mean that the game won't be plagued with horrendous load times and weird uncapped framerates again. I still want someone to do a comparison video between Sonic 06 and Battride War 2's load times. I got about halfway through it before getting tired of all the waiting, and the grind for the good figured in survival mode was even worse because of that.

In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see a more robust moveset, if possible. The riders who didn't have tons of forms were really limited compared to the main Neo-Heisei ones.

WillyFive

I just hope they fix the problem of the sound effect for hitting an enemy getting too loud when you hit many enemies at once. Also, BETTER ANIMATIONS; these games have atrocious animation.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm glad they're ditching that poor attempt at cashing in on Skylanders money and going back to the Battride War series. Hopefully having this new one available on PS4 will mean that the game won't be plagued with horrendous load times and weird uncapped framerates again. I still want someone to do a comparison video between Sonic 06 and Battride War 2's load times. I got about halfway through it before getting tired of all the waiting, and the grind for the good figured in survival mode was even worse because of that.

In terms of gameplay, I'd like to see a more robust moveset, if possible. The riders who didn't have tons of forms were really limited compared to the main Neo-Heisei ones.

I can't imagine parents appreciated that...
"I just spend a ton on those damn fruit locks and toy cars, and now you want action figures that go with a PS3 game? No. I draw the line here!"
"... Will you still get me the Eyecons?"
"Yeah sure whatever"

I can't imagine parents appreciated that...
"I just spend a ton on those damn fruit locks and toy cars, and now you want action figures that go with a PS3 game? No. I draw the line here!"
"... Will you still get me the Eyecons?"
"Yeah sure whatever"

Even if it was a good game, it would have been a nightmare for foreigners to import. Asking parents/adult fans to buy even more merchandise from a merchandise-heavy franchise that will only work with one game (and no confirmed sequel in the works) was just asking for failure. At least having this new game on PS4 shows that they're leaving that spinoff series behind, and that performance hopefully won't be an issue anymore.

Gun Animal

The important question is if Kamen Rider Ghost will be playable.

tQYyiHE.jpg

look at this motherfucker

Drive and the Fruit guy are a joke. Give me this leather jacket weirdo immediately.

Watch Da Birdie

I wonder how Drive will play...

Will he drive Tridoron? Seems like that'll be too big on the screen and clunky compared to the bikes...

And how will his various forms + tire exchanges be represented? I'm thinking he might be like Fourze, with each of his forms having their own combo strings that result in different Tire Exchanges. Hope they include some of the ones we never saw in the television show like Deko Traveler and Colorful Commercial.

shaowebb

Oh God yes the secondary Riders are in and I can actually play as Eternal :D

Here's hoping they make the Showa Riders and Kamen Rider Skull playable too. Love me some V3 and Skull. I played the hell out of them in Chou Climax Heroes...so glad that they ditched the Summon Ride title to come back to this one. Here's hoping load times, amount of enemies and the size of where you can go on the map are all improved. I really didn't like getting walled in by cheap 2d fire into small areas all the time and having a stage I could wonder in with no enemies the other half of the time. Gimme dem fights and bodycounts. Hit me with officers like its Warriors orochi or something. Bring it on!

My kingdom for Kamen Rider The Bee to show up

Watch Da Birdie

All the Kamen Rider games, at least from what I've played (Battride War, Climax Heroes, All Rider) have never let you play as any of the monsters---

It's a shame, because there are some candidates like Nazca I'd love to see appear playable---I'd love if Mashin Chaser was playable for example because he could use the Viral Cores for a move-set.

Some Nobody

G3X? Fuck. You REALLY want my money. Can't resist trading blows with corrupted angels with a gatling gun.

Also, can't wait to go Kamen Rider Blade King+ Form.

BTW...the Kuuga from Decade? Who the Fuck asked for that? Character was beneath trash compared to the original.

Sandfox

Does anyone actually like Onodera Kuuga? I don'tthink I've ever seen anyone who liked any of the Decade alt Riders.

Watch Da Birdie

I guess they included Decade Kuuga for that one form in the film unique to him...

I wanna see how Zeronos plays---in Battride War, he was always in his Zero Form. Hope they don't cheap out and he can switch between Vega and Altair here...oh, and MAKE SURE DENEB TALKS! Despite Deneb's voice actor doing the trailer for Battride War, Deneb was completely missing.

And I'm wondering what they'll do for the Ultimate Forms for some of the secondaries who lack them, such as Kaixa, Ibuki, and Gatack---the latter actually has an Ultimate Form that appear in one of those gag DVDs who is legitimately cool, but all the games except the PS1 Kabuto fighter have ignored it.

Sandfox

I guess they included Decade Kuuga for that one form in the film unique to him...

I wanna see how Zeronos plays---in Battride War, he was always in his Zero Form. Hope they don't cheap out and he can switch between Vega and Altair here...oh, and MAKE SURE DENEB TALKS! Despite Deneb's voice actor doing the trailer for Battride War, Deneb was completely missing.

And I'm wondering what they'll do for the Ultimate Forms for some of the secondaries who lack them, such as Kaixa, Ibuki, and Gatack---the latter actually has an Ultimate Form that appear in one of those gag DVDs who is legitimately cool, but all the games except the PS1 Kabuto fighter have ignored it.

I forgot about Rising Ultimate lol.

BTW...the Kuuga from Decade? Who the Fuck asked for that? Character was beneath trash compared to the original.
I forgot about Rising Ultimate lol.
It doesn't make much sense to make him a completely separate character. Didn't they already have Rising Ultimate, or was that Chou Climax Heroes? That's about the only thing I could think of that Onodera does but Godai doesn't.

Ibuki would be tricky. But Kaixa's ultimate could be him in his Side Basshar or something.

Tizoc

Kamen Rider Battride War Creation is coming 2016 to the PS3, PS4, and Vita.
As someone who is VERY SLOWLY getting into Kamen Rider this has me interested, will likely get it on Vita though :3

Sandfox

It doesn't make much sense to make him a completely separate character. Didn't they already have Rising Ultimate, or was that Chou Climax Heroes? That's about the only thing I could think of that Onodera does but Godai doesn't.

Can Godai turn into a giant beetle?

BTA

It's been a while, but wasn't Deneb's voice actor voicing one of the game-original characters in the first one? I definitely want him talking as Deneb since Zeronos is playable, though.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
OP, you should PM a mod and get the thread title changed to Battride War Genesis, which is the actual title of the game ("Creation" is from a poor translation of the title from the initial TGS leak, likely Google Translate). The Famitsu scans confirm the title is "Genesis".

Also, yep, definitely in for this one. Damn shame it's taken them so long to get the series up to this point (2 was really disappointing as far as content goes, only having added three new playable characters and a small handful of new stages. Really felt more like an expansion pack to the first game.) But then it also took them years to get Climax Heroes to the point where it was a competent fighting game, so this is nothing new I suppose.

Watch Da Birdie

First CG Trailer

Nothing much, but seems the Kamen Riders are being erased by history---and it looks like the Den-Liner is gonna play a big role this time around. I wonder whose hand that is that grabs the Den-Liner card at the end...

Also for some reason DOKUTA MAKI seems to be leading all the goons.

It's been a while, but wasn't Deneb's voice actor voicing one of the game-original characters in the first one? I definitely want him talking as Deneb since Zeronos is playable, though.

Oh, yep, he was "Callas" (the big bad) in Battride War. So it's even weirder they couldn't give him some lines as Deneb---I mean, Zeronos used the Denbickbuster or whatever it's called (where Deneb becomes a gun) and he easily could've said a line or two.

He actually returned to voice Deneb just recently in the new Super Hero Taisen (which I wonder if this game will incorporate the plot of possibly since they have all the characters included) but only had, like, five lines. It was disappointing. :(

Tusk

Depending on how far into Ghost we are when this game is released probably determines if Specter will be in the game on release or DLC later. Will obviously be free based on the previous games.

If they do make him DLC, I hope he'll get his alternate forms too.

Watch Da Birdie

Depending on how far into Ghost we are when this game is released probably determines if Specter will be in the game on release or DLC later. Will obviously be free based on the previous games.

If they do make him DLC, I hope he'll get his alternate forms too.

Wizard and Gaim had their Final Forms as DLC, but this time it seems the game might be releasing way earlier than it did during their seasons...like Battride War 1 and 2 were revealed right around the time of All Dragon and Kachidoki Arms. Ghost hasn't even started and we're already getting trailers---

I assume it'll include all the Forms in the 1st Quarter Catalog---Ghost with Musashi, Edison, Newton, Robin, Beethoven, Billy the Kid, and Benkei, Spectre with Nobunaga and Tutankhamen---but I wonder if this time Ghost's DLC won't be his final form, whatever that is, but his mid-season equivalent of All Dragon/Kachidoki. And his final form will be saved for the next BW...

Of course, I also think Ghost is going to have more than just Ghost and Spectre since we're already getting Spectre by possibly the second month of the show. I have a feeling we'll see another Rider, and they'll possibly be DLC as well.

BTA

That promo's pretty neat, though it feels a little weird to see Ghost like that given that the show hasn't started yet. (Which... reminds me that I really need to get on watching the last 2/3 of Drive already, since it's ending soon).

I hope we end up getting those weekly desktop backgrounds from the site again. 2's were really nice; even now I've kept them in my laptop's background rotation

Aizo

Banned
Will this one run on a new engine and not be janky?

OP, you should PM a mod and get the thread title changed to Battride War Genesis, which is the actual title of the game ("Creation" is from a poor translation of the title from the initial TGS leak, likely Google Translate). The Famitsu scans confirm the title is "Genesis".
I don't know if you speak Japanese, but that's pretty condescending. I don't think "genesis" is a very common word, so most people would translate 創生 as "creation" or "birth." Not a poor translation done through Google translate--just a regular translation before the official name came out.

shaowebb

Hell yes! Kamen Rider Battride War Genesis is go! Gonna enjoy this. Game needs some love and I'm hoping it got it. Hoping the enemy count and the whole 2d fire enclosed area stuff is remedied. Gimmie that Koei style roam a huge map with no boundaries and tons of enemies spawn flavor. Just do it up with plenty of "generals" and it should already be leagues better.

So eager to hear more...

Watch Da Birdie

Thinking about how they might utilize the new characters---don't know much about Showa powers so I'll let someone else handle that...

* G3-X: I guess regular G3 won't appear? Personally, G3 as his base and G3-X as his ultimate made a lot of sense, but I guess they disagreed? Anyway, I recall G3-X having like five different weapons (although for the life of me I can't remember any of them specifically), so I imagine perhaps he might play as Birth does where he can switch between the weapons granting him different species?

* Knight: The only Secondary who has all the same stuff as the Primary, Knight as his base and Knight Survive as his Ultimate. Like Ryuki, he'll likely be able to summon Darkwing to assist him.

* Kaixa: Like Faiz, I expect him to be relatively simple---using that gun/sword thing he had and everything. A nice idea I've seen for his Ultimate, since he doesn't have any other forms, is using the Side Basshar's Mecha Mode. But I wonder if that might be complicated since it'd require a rather large, new model---

* Garren: Garren can do everything Blade can, since he can easily use the various cards to buff himself up and utilize special attacks (BURNING DIVIDE!), except he lacks King Form. So, they'll probably give him Jack Form as his Ultimate. God, I'm fucking hyped for Garren.

* Ibuki: The toughest character I see them handling, because this dude didn't have anything special to him except playing a trumpet. IIRC, he utilized the Disk Animals in All Riders, which could perhaps be used to make him stand-out from everyone else.

* Gatack: Like Kabuto, he'll probably switch between Masked and Rider Modes. For his Ultimate, there DOES exist a Hyper Gatack that appeared in a Hyper Battle Video, and the PS2 Kabuto Fighter. Yet, this form has been completely ignored in Climax Heroes and All-Rider. I really hope they actually throw this in this time! If not, I'm not sure what he could do for his Ultimate except a generic "power-up".

* Zeronos: I imagine he'll switch between Altair and Vega Modes, with Zero Mode as his Ultimate. I'd also love if when in Altair, one of his attacks summons Deneb to launch an attack.

* IXA: I'm guessing it will be Nago IXA, and not the Proto IXA of Otoya---anyway, IXA has the Save Mode and Burst Mode, plus Rising Mode. I think it'd be neat to have Save Mode as the default, with Burst Mode as not a typical Form Change, but one that has a limit on it---like Faiz's Accel Form---and has to be charged in-between uses. Rising will probably be his Ultimate. Y'know, as much as I like Nago, I realize I totally forgot how IXA worked.

* Diend: He'll likely be able to summon characters, like he does in Battride War as an NPC. That'll be an interesting mechanic since none of the other characters have summoning abilities like that iirc---I'm wondering what characters he'll summon. In Climax Heroes, he mainly summoned Dark Riders and such, and he's best known for summoning the Riotroopers, but I don't know if they'd want him to summon mooks here since they could get mixed up with the actual foes. He also has an Ultimate Form that appeared in one of the Chou Den-O films, Complete, where he summoned Movie Villains, but I think they'll skip that. Oh, and like Beast he doesn't own a bike---being a thief, I think it'd be great if he randomly uses another Rider's bike each Mission.

* Drive: Drive has a lot of stuff he can do---first off, Tridoron. It seems like it'd take up a lot of screen and obscure the action, so I wonder how they'll work it in. And I'm thinking he'll be able to switch between Type Speed, Wild, Technique, and Formula, with Dead Heat probably either missing or used as that Rider Cancel where is where Agito's Trinity and Kiva's DoGaBaKi Forms where thrown in since they're pretty forgettable---Dead Heat as a Guard Crush move seems like it'd make sense too. I'm imagining he might work like Fourze, String-Combo Style, where each Form has different strings that allow him to utilize different Tire Exchanges.

* Mach: I see him being way simpler than Drive---Mach as his Base, Dead Heat as his Ultimate. His Base Form will just use the Zenrin Shooter, and you use R1 to switch between the Signal Bikes which changes one of his attacks to that type of shot. As Dead Heat, he can use some of the Shift Cars he was shown capable of using like Max Flare and Rumble Dump.

* Ghost: I imagine he'll be basically like Den-O, and I'm thinking despite the other forms being introduced early into Ghost, he'll probably only have Ore, Musashi, Newton, and Edison. Ore uses the basic Gangan Sabre with a mix of slashing and shooting, Musashi is all about dual-wielding, Newton goes with close-combat and boxing, and Edison is gunplay. I feel Robin, Beethoven, etc. will be ignored---having so many different forms would get clunky. His Ultimate will probably be the first major upgrade he gets---the corresponding form to the Dragon modes/Jinba modes/Dead Heat.

squall23

* G3-X: I guess regular G3 won't appear? Personally, G3 as his base and G3-X as his ultimate made a lot of sense, but I guess they disagreed? Anyway, I recall G3-X having like five different weapons (although for the life of me I can't remember any of them specifically), so I imagine perhaps he might play as Birth does where he can switch between the weapons granting him different species?
Knife, pistol, chaingun, rocket launcher. There was 1 more?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Will this one run on a new engine and not be janky?

I don't know if you speak Japanese, but that's pretty condescending. I don't think "genesis" is a very common word, so most people would translate 創生 as "creation" or "birth." Not a poor translation done through Google translate--just a regular translation before the official name came out.

You're totally right, it was a shitty thing to say. I apologize.

Watch Da Birdie

Yeah, I really kinda want thi-LEMON ENERGY

Well, it'll probably be in---in Battride War 2, Baron's Ultimate was Mango---but that'll probably be relegated to a Form Change and Baron Lemon Energy as his Ultimate. Probably wasn't included in the original because it was a form created specifically because Baron was so popular.

Top Bottom