• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko (Skipmore) announced for Japanese Switch eShop, 500 yen (~$5), April

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, it's more like $4.50, but were it to be localized, it'd presumably be $5 to help give an idea of scope.

Gematsu said:
The latest issue of Weekly Famitsu reveals Kamiko, a new action game with pixel graphics for Switch from Japanese indie game developer Skipmore, whose previous titles include the Fairune series and Drancia. It will launch via the Nintendo eShop in April in Japan for 500 yen.

Players will select from one of three “Divine Maidens” (Kamiko), each with different abilities, and aim to take on the boss at the game’s depths.
Source: http://gematsu.com/2017/03/fairune-developer-announces-kamiko-switch#hvbD0gR6WCkqzomV.99

kamiko-switch-ann-sca11r57.jpg

LordKano

The bottom left screen reminds me of Hyper Light Drifter.

Localize it and it's bought. Don't fail me, Circle Entertainment.

Dystify

Noticed this earlier and was interested right away because of the pixel art. Hopefully it'll get an English version.

Tonyx

It looks cute.

Plus, I think that having a few cheap games on the Switch can be a really good move.

asagami_

Banned
Well, the fact we start to see this kind of games is good. I wonder if a Witch and Hero 3(other devs, but it's a low-tier game, so...) will hit someday in Switch :)

I only have Fairune and I haven't really played it (I need to get to it), but I've heard the Fairune games are really good.

I'm interested in this and I'll keep an eye on it. Hopefully, it can come to the NA and EU eShops at some point as well.

Oregano

It's kind of amazing that these tiny download games are getting Famitsu reveals.
Mostly because there's nothing else Switch related to cover.

d+pad

It's kind of amazing that these tiny download games are getting Famitsu reveals.

You really go out of your way to hunt down Switch news and take a dump on it, don't you?

LordKano

I know you probably think you're funny but it's really getting tiring to see you rant on every single Switch thread.

EDarkness

I know this seems like bait, but I think it's pretty true. Just looking at the Japanese NS store is...bad. If they want to talk about the NS with new games and such, what else is there?

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Next month? The Japanese eShop's "coming soon" section is frighteningly barren. Titles like this should, um, be in it.

Skipmore makes reliably fun little romps so I'll totally check it out, but did it really have to be miko? Sigh.

Edit: Oh, I get it, they use the Three Sacred Treasures of Japan so it's totally okay and logical that they be miko.

Hero

Looks interesting, hopefully it's fun, kinda digging the art style.

I see people have already called you out on your schtick but here's one more. You're getting really old real quick.

The Fairune games are quite good, especially 2. I was hoping they 'd port both of them over as a compilation, but this looks a bit better than that. Hope it has an actual battle system.

Isn't constant thread shitting banable? Stay the fuck out of these threads if you're not interested.

Edit: Even attempting to question the game's relevance is dumb. Circle announced a couple years back that games like Witch and Hero and the first Fairune had amassed over 150K sales a piece in Japan on the 3DS...probably double whatever LTD Nis' shitty looking Minecraft clone will reach.

Oregano

Y'all getting your jimmies rustled by a simple observation that this game is benefitting from the fact Famitsu is clearly seeking out Switch stuff to cover and getting nothing from major publishers, for whatever reason. I didn't even say anything bad about the game!

jackal27

Banned
Loved the devs other games, so I'm looking forward to this!

I was about to say I hope it gets localized, but I guess that doesn't matter anymore huh!?

This shit agai... Oh, you're banned now.

Anyway, I'd love to see more of this tiny buget games on the Switch.

duckroll

Thanks to this announcement, I downloaded 1-Bit Rogue, Fairune, and Drancia on my phone. What's interesting is Kamiko is going to be cheaper on Switch than Fairune 2 is on 3DS (800yen). I wonder if it's a smaller game or if they simply feel a lower price point would be better for sales.

kulapik

Y'all getting your jimmies rustled by a simple observation that this game is benefitting from the fact Famitsu is clearly seeking out Switch stuff to cover and getting nothing from major publishers, for whatever reason. I didn't even say anything bad about the game!
Using "getting your jimmies rustled" unironically probably made you deserve that ban
lol

beril

Oh I absolutely love the Fairune games; looking forward to this.
Did Drancia ever get released in Europe on 3DS? I was waiting for it but then didn't hear anything and forgot about it so maybe I missed it

You know, Fairune just released on Vita like yesterday. Gave it a little go last night, quite liked it. Will keep an eye on this.

I'm pretty sure I have Fairune, but never played it. Will have to check it out. I dig the pixel art style here anyway. Hopefully Circle continues their 3DS legacy of localizing a ton of small games like this.

Top Bottom