• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiko (Skipmore) announced for Japanese Switch eShop, 500 yen (~$5), April

There are direct feed screens now from Famitsu.com. (https://www.famitsu.com/images/000/129/887/58da33385ebdc.html)

Bmwg0Tz.jpg

lOlApFo.jpg

QXjPVKq.jpg

Game looks great.

artstyle is 🔥🔥🔥

I bought it, and for 5 buck you got a hack and slash with puzzle and boss fight.
There's a combo system like in Graceful Explosion Machine (GEM), but without the score system.

Definitely worth the price.
It make GEM feels like it was too expensive since this game is only 5 buck and has bosses. lol

jwk94

I bought it, and for 5 buck you got a hack and slash with puzzle and boss fight.
There's a combo system like in Graceful Explosion Machine (GEM), but without the score system.

Definitely worth the price.
It make GEM feels like it was too expensive since this game is only 5 buck and has bosses. lol

Is switching the language to English easy?

Monumma

Is switching the language to English easy?

As far as I know if the language of your switch is English the game will start in English.

I will wait some time to support a PAL release. Hopefully they will bring it over by the time i finish Graceful Explosion Machine in a couple of weeks.

How to buy this, need a jap account?

Just change the region to Japan in accounts.nintendo.com

Oh by the way you can change the eshop region back to your region and the game will always available in the redownload sections in your eshop profile even when the game isn't available in your region eshop.

69wpm

Any place to buy a 500 yen card besides Amazon? They declined my card and locked me out of my account. Would also PayPal somebody some money to get me a 500 yen eShop card.

Robin64

Play-asia for the digital code, they accept PayPal.

The problem is they only sell a 1000 yen code as minimum, and if you are changing your own account (rather than creating a whole new seperate one), you'll be stuck with 500 yen in there and unable to change back.

The problem is they only sell a 1000 yen code as minimum, and if you are changing your own account (rather than creating a whole new seperate one), you'll be stuck with 500 yen in there and unable to change back.

I didn't check it, I thought they're selling all nominal.

69wpm

Glad I could help. Already finished the first world and loved it. The fighting is a bit basic but love everything else, controls are tight, music is nice and love the art style.

Glad I could help. Already finished the first world and loved it. The fighting is a bit basic but love everything else, controls are tight, music is nice and love the art style.

Do you think the combo counter kinda pointless? They need to make it like Graceful Explosion Machine. It would be much better with high score and leaderboard included.

Beckx

Bought last night and liked the little bit I got to play of it.

I already need folders on my Switch dammit

Saw this last night, and it really caught my eye. I'm already busy with several games, but will definitely keep this on my radar.

69wpm

Do you think the combo counter kinda pointless? They need to make it like Graceful Explosion Machine. It would be much better with high score and leaderboard included.

Now that you mention it, it kinda is. I honestly don’t know if it does anything. Maybe you get more SP the higher your combo is but you max it out quickly anyway.

Jazzem

The art style is so damn gorgeous :'D

Very tempted to import this, though if a western release is imminent I may hold off. Either way I want!

tebunker

Banned
The art style is so damn gorgeous :'D

Very tempted to import this, though if a western release is imminent I may hold off. Either way I want!

Circle seems pretty good. If you could get a 500 yen card at cost it would technically be cheaper to go that route.

Vinnk

Got it. So far I am really enjoying it. Controls feel good and I dig the art and music. Totally worth the 5 bucks.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Man this game looks gorgeous. Neat to see a cool game like this on the platform, perfect stuff to play portably

jwk94

As far as I know if the language of your switch is English the game will start in English.

I will wait some time to support a PAL release. Hopefully they will bring it over by the time i finish Graceful Explosion Machine in a couple of weeks.

The language automatically changed into the console language. And you can change it easily in the game menu.

Cool Cool thanks guys!

So...where can I get a 500 yen JP code? Seems like my credit card won't work on the Switch.

NimbusD

Just change the region to Japan in accounts.nintendo.com

Oh by the way you can change the eshop region back to your region and the game will always available in the redownload sections in your eshop profile even when the game isn't available in your region eshop.

you can't do that if you have an eshop balance though right? It'll disappear?

Fuck, why did I buy an eshop card.

Picked this up yesterday, doesn't seem all that deep but it's fun and the music is great.

If anyone needs a 500 yen code feel free to PM me, can grab you one for $5 PayPal'd (it looks like that ocnk site is sold out?).

Theswweet

Do international CC's work on JP eShop or is it like PSN where we need to buy cards? This looks really nice

They don't work on the Switch directly, but if you have either a JP 3DS or Wii U the balances are shared so you can add funds that way. That's what I do.

...why is no-one talking about Unholy Heights on the Switch? I noticed that when I was browsing the JP eShop to grab this.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
They don't work on the Switch directly, but if you have either a JP 3DS or Wii U the balances are shared so you can add funds that way. That's what I do.

...why is no-one talking about Unholy Heights on the Switch? I noticed that when I was browsing the JP eShop to grab this.

switch version is japanese only, probably because of that :)

Top Bottom