• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya no longer wants to make Star Fox, explains why

nded

The video game development manchild video game playing, internet posting manchildren deserve.

Internet shows they are passionate about a game the guy made. Guy doesn't take this as flattery and instead has a little manchild fit and sulks in the corner?

Guy says he'd like to work on Star Fox, rabid Star Fox Fans hassle him constantly. Guy thinks twice about working on Star Fox.

I figured right away before even entering the thread that his reason for it would be because of people asking him. I just knew it. Still though, I think that's a silly reason. You don't have to interact with those on twitter, you know.

Now I'm sad. I wanted Star Fox, a Kamiya-based Star fox ;_; As a SF and Platinum fanboy, it was like a dream come true.

kswiston

With the level of financial success his recent games have been achieving, Kamiya will be working on F2P iOS titles before long.

good job everyone, give yourselves a pat on the back

what a crybabies jeez just do your work and tell everyone to eat shit

NMFried

So Wonderful 101 started out as a Nintendo All Stars game with the same concept? Why would Nintendo not want this to happen?

These are the same guys that reworked Dinosaur Planet and Pokemon Snap so that they represented established Nintendo IPs. Guess what? They sold more copies because of it. If this was possible without sacrificing the creative integrity, then by all means, why did this not happen?

I'm imagining Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Samus teaming up and throwing down, finally on the same side. Ugh.

:lol, you guys have to calm down. This seems more like "I still want to do it, but maybe if I say this people will stop asking" type of quote. And though you can read it as him being annoyed, it's hard to judge how he said it, exactly, through text.

Take a chill pill, brahs.

Doctor Ninja

Sphincter Speaker
He doesn't want to make a new StarFox because of he internet ? I am having a hard time believing that's the sole reason for it

Good. Star Fox needs to stay buried.

wpid-samuel_L_Jackson1.gif

Good. Star Fox needs to stay buried.

Haha, wow, wasn't expecting to see this post.

For the record, I agree

StarFox is only behind F-Zero on my personal list of Nintendo series that would stand to benefit the most from a reboot or at the very least some design updates

Richie

I'm not a Star Fox fan, but this seems to me more of a tactic for people to stop pestering him about it, rather than truly telling of Kamiya declining to work in the series should the chance arise.

Rubius

I dunno given the dumbass questions ive seen that guy get hes more of a saint for putting up with it and not snappong

Everybody get stupid question from everybody when you work in the entertainment business.
You really think he's the only guys who got asked stuff like that? What if Myamoto said that? "Guys, you ask too many questions, so Mario is dead now. You killed him."

So Wonderful 101 started out as a Nintendo All Stars game with the same concept? Why would Nintendo not want this to happen?

These are the same guys that reworked Dinosaur Planet and Pokemon Snap so that they represented established Nintendo IPs. Guess what? They sold more copies because of it. If this was possible without sacrificing the creative integrity, then by all means, why did this not happen?

I'm imagining Mario, Link, Pikachu, and Samus teaming up and throwing down, finally on the same side. Ugh.

Star Fox Adventures was the worst case of shoehorning an IP in the 3D era of videogames.

Fuck that ending.

Edit: And Nintendo fans openly admitting they would buy his games if only they had Mario/Link/DK/Samus is probably the worst thing you can say to a 3rd party developer.

mantidor

Internet shows they are passionate about a game the guy made. Guy doesn't take this as flattery and instead has a little manchild fit and sulks in the corner?

I don't get this, he's never made Starfox. The whole thing was such a hypothetical that it surprises me people so offended in this thread, Sadness is more real that this supposed Platinum Starfox game.

Hiltz

Strange things happen. Apparently, Nintendo felt a Nintendo cross-over action game wouldn't haven been done in a practical way based on the proposed concept.

I'd honestly prefer Sakurai make it because I loved Kid Icarus. Did anybody ever find out of the real reason they cut SSE in the new Smash was because it was posted on the internet though? Cause if so I don't think Sakurai could do anything but make fighting games, people will always do LP and stuff like that so the story is gonna get out there regardless. Back on topic, I'd honestly prefer Kamiya come up with more new IPs. This guy has to have a trunk full of wonderful ideas in his attic.

This is something I find really funny.

Why is it that people give Nintendo shit for rehashing their franchises, yet clearly don't have an issue begging for older franchises to come back? They'd get the same treatment.

NMFried

Star Fox Adventures was the worst case of shoehorning an IP in the 3D era of videogames.

Fuck that ending.

Edit: And Nintendo fans openly admitting they would buy his games if only they had Mario/Link/DK/Samus is probably the worst thing you can say to a 3rd party developer.

Well I would buy the game regardless, but let's be honest. The average consumer would see Mario/Link/etc. and instantly be more interested than seeing a character they've never seen before. I'm not saying that's a good thing, but for a game like this, especially if it's not being marketed well, needs this kind of thing. I'm sure it'll be a great game (still not out in the US sadly) but it would have pushed more copies with the brand recognition.

JB2448

This either means he's working on it right now or there's still a chance on him working on a Murasame Castle revival. Either way, I'm good.

Top Bottom