• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya no longer wants to make Star Fox, explains why

Everybody get stupid question from everybody when you work in the entertainment business.
You really think he's the only guys who got asked stuff like that? What if Myamoto said that? "Guys, you ask too many questions, so Mario is dead now. You killed him."

This wouldn't be a bad thing... at least for a few years.

Nintendo should stop working with Platinum games. Their developers seem very moody and all of their games just come across as weird vanity projects that none of the staff questions and as a result the games are too weird and nobody wants to play them.

Good. Star Fox needs to stay buried.

I'm trying to understand this reasoning, but I can't.

Nintendo should stop working with Platinum games. Their developers seem very moody and all of their games just come across as weird vanity projects that none of the staff questions and as a result the games are too weird and nobody wants to play them.

Wonderful 101 looks amazing and original, and if Bayonetta 2 is as good as Bayonetta 1 then I don't see why they should stop working with them. Platinum does whatever they want and actually try to make fun games instead of something to appeal to the mainstream. They are fantastic.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I figured right away before even entering the thread that his reason for it would be because of people asking him. I just knew it. Still though, I think that's a silly reason. You don't have to interact with those on twitter, you know.

Now I'm sad. I wanted Star Fox, a Kamiya-based Star fox ;_; As a SF and Platinum fanboy, it was like a dream come true.

But when you just want to tweet what you just eaten but you sees people asking you the same 5 questions a hundred times everyday, for few months on twitter, you are going to snap one day.

I am actually glad that he said this.

Lijik

Everybody get stupid question from everybody when you work in the entertainment business.
You really think he's the only guys who got asked stuff like that? What if Myamoto said that? "Guys, you ask too many questions, so Mario is dead now. You killed him."

Thats not at all comparable to losing interest in a nonexistant project. Itd more like if Miyamoto said "Well i thought itd be cool to work on a Halo game, but i lost interest after dealing with the fans"

apana

Good. Star Fox needs to stay buried.

Krystal_screenshot.png

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
Platinum no longer wants to stay in business.

But when you just want to tweet what you just eaten but you sees people asking you the same 5 questions a hundred times everyday, for few months on twitter, you are going to snap one day.

I am actually glad that he said this.

If it were me, I'd just ignore them. Threatening "I don't wanna anymore because crazy fans" isn't going to really change anything, even though he probably isn't being sincere about it (assuming he was even going to make a Star Fox game anyway). At the end of the day, he's still going to be bombarded with questions.

If there is ever another Star Fox game, I hope to [some deity] that they forget this game ever existed. And I really hope they don't use that terrible-ass art-style. It's bad enough they used it in Brawl and will be again in the new Smash Bros.

This is obviously a case of misdirection. Kamiya has already been hired full time by Nintendo and is secretly working on the next Star Fox game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
they should make a new star fox game that explores the relationship between fox and krystal a cinematic emotional game

Binabik15

That means he's doing it.

Creating StarFrogs, a futuristic game where you play the fighter ace P@P-E, a frogman android fighting together with his other furry, feathery and scaly comrades. Dat Microsoft money.

popyea

Hahaha. This is why Kamiya is better off not working on an established IP. The fans aren't interested in a Kamiya game, they just want a new Star Fox. If Kamiya had actually made the Wonderful 101 with Nintendo characters instead, everyone would have complained that they acted too out of character or that the enemies looked too weird or that it was too chaotic. Kamiya makes the games he wants to make, which rules out pandering to fans of the series. I think the reason he doesn't want to make a Star Fox game anymore is because of the stupid expectations, which are probably nothing like the direction he'd be interested in taking.

Hahaha. This is why Kamiya is better off not working on an established IP. The fans aren't interested in a Kamiya game, they just want a new Star Fox. If Kamiya had actually made the Wonderful 101 with Nintendo characters instead, everyone would have complained that they acted too out of character or that the enemies looked too weird or that it was too chaotic. Kamiya makes the games he wants to make, which rules out pandering to fans of the series. I think the reason he doesn't want to make a Star Fox game anymore is because of the stupid expectations, which are probably nothing like the direction he'd be interested in taking.

I don't know, I remember him saying that his version of Star Fox wouldn't be that crazy and be true to the series or something to that effect.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I've been saying all along Takamaru is a better fit! He can pretty much do what he wants after all this time. I really hope it'd be a cel-shaded Takamaru though.

Dead Man

If he didn't want to make it, he could have said that ages ago, if people asking about something makes you decide not to do that thing, you have some bigger issues than people asking questions.

Neiteio

This is hilarious, especially since he thinks people will stop asking. Now they'll just ask, "WHY, KAMIYA? WHY?"

Only the dead can know peace from Internet game forums.

Well good for him to not get bothered about it anymore hopefully.

But I still want someone to make a Star Fox... and F-Zero.... come on I need it in my veins!!!! Been playing the same 2 Star Fox games for something 10 years now. Same goes for F-Zero, can we get an update and good game this time? :(

Neiteio

Glass half-full: Kamiya secretly knows the non-3D World EAD Tokyo team has rebooted Star Fox for WiiU, and he wants to make it look like he turned down the offer.

How about rather than blaming the internet for wanting something with a strong cult following, Kamiya doesn't talk about projects he's interested in unless he understands he's gonna get questions about it thereafter?

Top Bottom