• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya on Devil May Cry 5 : "I'm ready, ask Capcom/Kobayashi"

Dahbomb

So recently some users over on the IGN DMC board have been asking Kamiya for DMC5 and he told them to ask Capcom/Kobayashi. Now of course while this is new this has been Kamiya's stock response to DMC5 since 2011 (the tweet should also be in the link).

I know Kamiya trolls on his Twitter especially DMC fans but as a fan I can't take this lightly. Since he directly asked to tell Kobayashi (as they are both friends), Kamiya game Kobayashi's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/HiroKobaP

Seems like some people are already tweeting him to ask Kamiya for DMC5. Here's hoping it gets some traction or at the minimum have Capcom thinking about making DMC5 at least. It doesn't have to be Kobayashi, Kamiya making the game just that it gets developed internally is good enough.

BiggNife

It's nice to be optimistic, but it's never going to happen. Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 are the closest you're going to another Kamiya DMC.

V_Arnold

It is the only decision that makes sense from a "let us get our high brand value and/or fan trust back" perspective. Capcom, do it!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Well lets see. He's either trolling you or Platinum Games is now desperate enough for Kamiya to forgo his disinterest in working on games with sequels by other people. Hmm

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Do+It.gif

DMC5 made by Platinum = GOTY

Sentenza

I must admit I'm not that much into this kind of action games, but even if I was I would still prefer a new IP and new characters to another Dante's game.
Can't say I ever liked him.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Seems unlikely it could ever happen.

But just in case it does...

... someone really should make the most elaborate "HE HAS FUCKING RETURNED" gif conceivable to post on the day of the announcement Platinum Games has been commissioned to make DMC5.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
If it happens cool.

Don't think it will though and honestly I don't want it to. I think I kind of like DMC3/4 universe DMC more than DMC1's.

Viewtiful Joe 3 on Vita or something I'd be way more interested in from Kamiya

Squishy3

I must admit I'm not that much into this kind of action games, but even if I was I would still prefer a new IP and new characters to another Dante's game.
Can't say I ever liked him.
It's too bad Capcom decided DmC Devil May Cry should be a DMC reboot, then. It's a new IP in everything but name and characters.

ZenTzen

Its hightime a DMC5 is made, either by kamiya or itsuno, and please let them have proper development time and funding

Gbraga

Let Kamiya direct with Itsuno as executive producer and Neo_G as gameplay designer. Everyone will be happy.

YES!

FUCK

YES

Neo_G being the lead battle designer and Kamiya directing would be so fucking awesome.

I can't even begin to imagine how the new Rules of Nature would sound like. It would be so much hype.

I would probably explode from the hype.

Also, this would let Itsuno free to make Dragon's Dogma 2 with the original team.

CAPCOM, BELIEVE!!!!

Hopefully it's a far different DMC than what it's normally designed to be. Bayonetta is like DMC x 10, so I hope it's a different type of DMC with different mechanics. Not just sub surface mechanics, but actual stand out mechanics.

Top Bottom