• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamiya on Devil May Cry 5 : "I'm ready, ask Capcom/Kobayashi"

geebee

Banned
So this doesn't really mean much since this is similar to his other "ask company x for what you want" responses he gives on Twitter on a daily basis. After his Wii U games bomb(hopefully Bayonetta 2 doesnt), I'm sure he's ready for anything.

JoeFenix

I'd rather get brand new Kamiya games honestly, I love being surprised by what his team comes up with.

If it does happen though I would definitely be down, I'm sure it would be amazing but It's not something I'm desperately hoping to see.

It would be cooler if Capcom tried to internally create a game that could compete with what PlatinumGames is putting out. They still have some good people over there but the direction the company is going in is depressing, wish the creators could just be free to make good games without all the bullshit that seems to be a requirement these days.

Dahbomb

Guys the point of this thread is to not say "that would be great"... the point of this thread is to tweet Kobayashi with requests for DMC5.

The last DMC was the real DMC5. There's no need for another one.
No it was not and this is a troll post especially when Capcom themselves (including the main director of the series) don't consider DmC to be DMC5. A DMC5 (whatever it's called) means a DMC game made internally by Capcom not outsourced.

RocBase

I don't know why, but every time I read a DMC5 related post from Dahbomb I lose a little hope on it ever happening.

Guys the point of this thread is to not say "that would be great"... the point of this thread is to tweet Kobayashi with requests for DMC5.

No it was not and this is a troll post especially when Capcom themselves (including the main director of the series) don't consider DmC to be DMC5. A DMC5 (whatever it's called) means a DMC game made internally by Capcom not outsourced.

His twitter doesn't have an ounce of English.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

If Kobayashi or someone associated with Capcom says they're looking for that, I will.

I don't really want a Kamiya DMC5 so I'm straight

I'd rather get brand new Kamiya games honestly, I love being surprised by what his team comes up with.

If it does happen though I would definitely be down, I'm sure it would be amazing but It's not something I'm desperately hoping to see.

Pretty much. Keep giving me stuff I didn't know I wanted PG for as long as you can.

Dahbomb

His twitter doesn't have an ounce of English.
So? Doesn't mean that he can't get it translated or that he doesn't know English himself. I am sure he will take notice when he gets a lot of fan tweets out of a sudden.

At the very least we can get the stock Capcom response of "we have currently nothing to announce relating to DMC".

Shosai

Banned

After all the dust settled, I checked out DmC and it turned out to be pretty drat (WARNING)
fun
(WARNING)

Dahbomb

After all the dust settled, I checked out DmC and it turned out to be pretty drat (WARNING)
fun
(WARNING)
This thread isn't about the discussion of the quality of DmC. DmC is not DMC5 and when people say DMC they mean the internally developed DMC games not the outsourced DmC game.

DmC is a good game but this thread isn't about DmC. There have been plenty of threads talking about DmC and the controversy. This is supposed to be a proactive thread about the future of the mainline series.

Silky

Banned
The last DMC was the real DMC5. There's no need for another one.

And who said idiocy isn't unrewarded?

Anyway; I don't care who does DMC5. Neo_G, Itsuno, or Kamehamemiya.

I just want a game all about Vergil or Nero dawg. Give dante a fucking break.

So? Doesn't mean that he can't get it translated or that he doesn't know English himself. I am sure he will take notice when he gets a lot of fan tweets out of a sudden.

At the very least we can get the stock Capcom response of "we have currently nothing to announce relating to DMC".

Just tweeted him. Asked him to please have DmC 2 made by ninja theory.

Dahbomb

Just tweeted him. Asked him to please have DmC 2 made by ninja theory.
i5EDfFogNb1Fx.gif

Truth be told if Capcom does decide to make DmC2 I would rather have NT make it than an internal Capcom team. Capcom trying to emulate the West in terms of themes almost never ends up going well for them, they are better off doing their own thing and doing something they are good at.

Silky

Banned
Everytime someone refers to DmC as DMC5, a litter of Corgis get shredded by a compactor.

Think about that.

god damn it would be sweet to see. Everyone always throws around Platinum as a dream developer for DMC. It's highest on my unattainable fantasy list

sleepykyo

At least with the Marvel patch, it was Sven asking for Marvel to get twitter bombed. Shouldn't Itsuno ask for it first?

And DmC was DMC5. Capcom could have chosen not to devalue the brand in advance by canceling the project or announcing DMC5 before DmC came out.

Top Bottom