• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

see5harp

I just meant in terms of vocal performance, not necessarily his actual words. A Milli doesn't really make sense at all, but that first verse ending with "ORVILLE REDDENBACHER!!" does something to my body that few songs can do. Anyways, back to Kanye...I think I'm going to wait for retail.

Recon

Banned
Buckethead said:
Get Eminem off of that list. SMH.

"I am whatever you say I am and if I wasn't, then why would I say I am".
GTFO with that shit.

I dig his stuff, but I'll pass on a best ever list.

Not a big Jay fan either. Never listened to one of his songs and thought
"man that's some deep shit". Ever. All consumerism and celebrity, imo.

Just how I feel so you can flame me if ye' want to.

"Meet the Parents" invalidates your statement on Jay.

ReconYoda said:
"Meet the Parents" invalidates your statement on Jay.
unfortunately, one old song does not side stop the overall issue. though I agree that was probably his deepest and does counter the other posters' hyperbole.

my issue with Jay is the same. at some point, we don't really want to hear about you taking trips around the world or buying your chick stuff. or the people who think you're the shit. or the people who don't think you're the shit. but then when I pop in Reasonable Doubt...he's still the same guy. he's been raping about the same shit for damn near 2 decades. It just went from trying to get some...to finally getting some...to now I'm on top of the world because I have a lot. meh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:
fixed
a milli is NOT a song!
Original leaked version of A Milli > Shitty, shitty, vastly inferior version on album.

The difference? Wayne sounds like he rapped it while asleep in the album version and cranked the bass up to compensate.

Okay you guys and your top lists. The Kanye thread is so emotional. One page is like "OH SHIT THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC EVER. BASED GOD FUCK MY MOM." and another page is, "SHUT THE FUCK UP, THIS IS THE BEST KANYE ALBUM LINE UP."

Best rapper ever is Lil B. SWAG. Shut the fuck up. :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Fuck, I don't want to keep listening to the clean version but I can't fucking help it. Kanye should push up the release date by a week.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
spindashing said:
Okay you guys and your top lists. The Kanye thread is so emotional. One page is like "OH SHIT THIS IS THE BEST MUSIC EVER. BASED GOD FUCK MY MOM." and another page is, "SHUT THE FUCK UP, THIS IS THE BEST KANYE ALBUM LINE UP."

Best rapper ever is Lil B. SWAG. Shut the fuck up. :lol
it is &
it is &
he ... wait a min i see what you did there. trying to compare the shitty no name brand rapper to god kanye(god)

clever!
edit:
no its not, never do it again!

shadowcomplex said:
it is &
it is &
he ... wait a min i see what you did there. trying to compare the Pretty Boy SWAG to Kayne East

fixed. SWAG.

122ykiv.png

By the way, I loved Dark Fantasy. RZA production is win.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Or about how Hell of a Life is fire from start to finish?

Yup, definitely one of my favorites as well. What is everyone's LEAST favorite? I might have to go with Devil in a New Dress.

Edit: Looking at the tracklist, it's amazing how every song on here is solid to great. I don't want to skip any song. I don't think thats ever happened, except maybe 808s, I can't remember.

HiResDes

Devil in a Dress is in my top 3 favorite songs, the religious contemplation, and the slow methodical, yet soulful beat really makes it for me. But given that you didn't skip any song on 808's, I can tell we have entirely different tastes.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Ashhong said:
Yup, definitely one of my favorites as well. What is everyone's LEAST favorite? I might have to go with Devil in a New Dress.

Edit: Looking at the tracklist, it's amazing how every song on here is solid to great. I don't want to skip any song. I don't think thats ever happened, except maybe 808s, I can't remember.

I think Power is my least favorite, but that might just be because I've heard it so much.

My least favorite track out of the album of what I've listened to is probably -- and calm down when I say it -- Blame Game. I've only heard the Runaway portion of it, and it just did not click with me. Favorite track is still Runaway...

HiResDes

spindashing said:
My least favorite track out of the album of what I've listened to is probably -- and calm down when I say it -- Blame Game. I've only heard the Runaway portion of it, and it just did not click with me. Favorite track is still Runaway...
WHAT? Blame Game is my favorite, but I really don't think you should judge tracks from small portions of them anyway. Runaway is already played out IMO.

Ashhong

HiResDes said:
Devil in a Dress is in my top 3 favorite songs, the religious contemplation, and the slow methodical, yet soulful beat really makes it for me. But given that you didn't skip any song on 808's, I can tell we have entirely different tastes.

Well what I mean is that none of the songs were so bad that I had to skip it, like Barry Bonds or Drunk and Hot Girls. I'm not a HUGE fan of the soulful style that Ye is known for. I enjoy them sometimes, but it depends entirely on the sample. Still like DIAND though.

Really love the strings in Runaway. Were they always there? That's one of my favorite things about him, is his use of strings. I'm a sucker for strings and keys in a song and he loves to use it in his songs and live shows.

Oozer3993

spindashing said:

I didn't care much for it in Runaway, but I really like it on the album. My least favorite is probably Devil in a New Dress followed by Gorgeous.

P.S. According to QTip, Chain Heavy is on the Deluxe Edition of the album. Not sure if that's a physical edition or iTunes only.

Ashhong

Semi sure its going to be digital. Someone tweeted that they didn't finish it in time for the physical. Maybe that was See Me Now actually...

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
HiResDes said:

1 dark fantasy
2 gorgeous
3 blame game

every other list is blasphemy

Yeah, I think all these new tracks are all digital. I'm still buying a physical copy anyway because it is straight sex.

As for why I like Runaway, I'm not even sure. The beat. The lyrics. The Pusha. If it has the VMA Samples, that's even more great. I just love that song. :lol

Actually, now that I think about it -- I have overplayed Power, so maybe that could be my least favorite.

Yeah, when Darkseid comes in and blasts "WHOLE. LIFE. WHOLE. LIFE." over the end of "Lost In The World" it kind of ruins what was my favorite Kanye song ever.

Tim Gunn would urge him to edit.

Ashhong

spindashing said:
Yeah, I think all these new tracks are all digital. I'm still buying a physical copy anyway because it is straight sex.

As for why I like Runaway, I'm not even sure. The beat. The lyrics. The Pusha. If it has the VMA Samples, that's even more great. I just love that song. :lol

Actually, now that I think about it -- I have overplayed Power, so maybe that could be my least favorite.

Youre gonna love the samples in Runaway

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
From AllHipHop.com
I don’t know that Kanye West actually leaked his own record. I don’t think Kanye himself would actually do that, because he doesn't seem like the type. But there is a nefarious rumor that somebody close leaked the clean version to throw interference on the the main one when it leaks. I don't know, but I'm copping it!
So has anyone figured what the fuck this sentence means yet?
spindashing said:
Blame Game is beautiful. I physically cannot see someone not liking it (Apart from the Chris Rock part). Its just.. beautiful. The spoken word bits fit so well.
shadowcomplex said:
1 dark fantasy
2 gorgeous
3 blame game

every other list is blasphemy
WHERE IS SO APPALLED AND ALL OF THE LIGHTS GODDAMNIT?

see5harp said:
RZA is horrible rapper though. Ya'll remember "IT'S THE B THE O THE B THE B THE Y THE D THE I THE G THE T THE A THE L"

wha?

wait WHAT?

no. I think everyone is in agreement that his Bobby digital shit is wack but rza is a dope fucking emcee when he isnt bobby digital.

<edit>

man reading this thread hurts my brain. people saying rza is wack. people saying eminem is wack because of ONE LINE IN A CHORUS.

i mean..wtf..

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Ashhong said:
Not having Lost in the World is a fucking crime man.
its just my top three, i could try and order the entire album from favorite to least favorite but just picking these three was hard enough. what are your top three?

enzo_gt said:
Blame Game is beautiful. I physically cannot see someone not liking it (Apart from the Chris Rock part). Its just.. beautiful. The spoken word bits fit so well.
WHERE IS SO APPALLED AND ALL OF THE LIGHTS GODDAMNIT?
ASK FERGIE!

Fixed2BeBroken said:
wha?

wait WHAT?

no. I think everyone is in agreement that his Bobby digital shit is wack but rza is a dope fucking emcee when he isnt bobby digital.

<edit>

man reading this thread hurts my brain. people saying rza is wack. people saying eminem is wack because of ONE LINE IN A CHORUS.

i mean..wtf..

I don't think RZA's wack. That's why his verse on this album such a disappointment.

remz

Someone leaked the Clean version to make it a pain in the ass for people to download the dirty leak whenever it comes out, as the clean one will be everywhere

BenjaminBirdie said:
I don't think RZA's wack. That's why his verse on this album such a disappointment.
he doesn't have a verse. at least, I don't consider it a verse. and I'm not sure why he didn't have one if he was going to be on the track.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:
its just my top three, i could try and order the entire album from favorite to least favorite but just picking these three was hard enough. what are your top three?

ASK FERGIE!
STOP REMINDING US OF FERGIE. GOD.

Drewsky said:
Runaway might have been my favorite if I hadn't heard it so much before release.
I'd agree with this sentiment, but unfortunately I hated the autotune bits and drawn-out nothingness since he first performed it, and even more after watching Runaway.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BenjaminBirdie said:
I did when the track started but by the end I loved it. Mostly thanks to Jay-Z showing me what the shit was REALLY about.
Am I the only one who thinks that Jay's verses on So Appalled and Monster are two of his best in years?

enzo_gt said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Jay's verses on So Appalled and Monster are two of his best in years?

No you are not.

It makes me think about Kanye being like a director the way a director is for movies. You have to think someone in the booth got those performances out of him, because there was like something going on there, in terms of the delivery. Like an urgency.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BenjaminBirdie said:
No you are not.

It makes me think about Kanye being like a director the way a director is for movies. You have to think someone in the booth got those performances out of him, because there was like something going on there, in terms of the delivery. Like an urgency.
Honestly, I just want to be there in Hawaii when Kanye is cooking up this shit, the vibe sounds like it's unparalleled.

Actually, the only one I can parallel it to is Dr. Dre. And there are lots of parallels, both expect the best out of their features and will make people re-do their verses until they are perfected (Dre with Em, Ye with Nicki & Pusha). Remember Ye made Pusha rewrite his verse for Runaway 3 times because he thought Pusha wasn't being a big enough of a dick. :lol Both of them are favourite figures of mine in hip-hop and orchestrators in their own right.

Not to mention Ye's ear for samples we all love here. Seeing this video gives me chills everytime. Dude truly loves the music. The way he flipped that joint for Do or Die is insane.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
enzo_gt said:
Honestly, I just want to be there in Hawaii when Kanye is cooking up this shit, the vibe sounds like it's unparalleled.

Actually, the only one I can parallel it to is Dr. Dre. And there are lots of parallels, both expect the best out of their features and will make people re-do their verses until they are perfected (Dre with Em, Ye with Nicki & Pusha). Remember Ye made Pusha rewrite his verse for Runaway 3 times because he thought Pusha wasn't being a big enough of a dick. :lol Both of them are favourite figures of mine in hip-hop and orchestrators in their own right.

Not to mention Ye's ear for samples we all love here. Seeing this video gives me chills everytime. Dude truly loves the music. The way he flipped that joint for Do or Die is insane.
i must say his gift is almost scary good.
final version is amazing, kanye is a true artist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom