• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickD

PhoenixDark said:
My list, before listening to Kanye's album

The Roots - How I Got Over
Kno - Death is Silent
Currency - Pilot Talk
Big Boi - The Son of Chico Dusty
Rick Ross - Teflon Don
Strong Army Steady - In Search of Stony Jackson
Black Milk - Album of the Year
The Left - Gas Mask
Nas & Damien Marley - Distant Relatives
Freeway & Jake One - Stimulus Package

Yes, Everything here, add Skyzoo & Illmind & Seared foir gras

Kanye AOTY

JordanLMiller said:
:/

Also was this fake or what?
14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]
fuck. I don't want to buy the album off of itunes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What cover are you guys gonna rock when you get this? I like the one with the sword in the grass but it doesn't look very cleaned up, so I think I'm going to use the one with the Power artwork:
xCp61.png

Wellington said:
Actually Youtube is telling me it's Rihanna.

What? Rihanna and Fergie are both on the song, Fergie has that shitty, shitty verse though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Part of the reason I want production and feature credits is to figure out who the girls are singing on Dark Fantasy and Lost In The World, and to see if Bon Iver ended up on any other final tracks somehow. Wonder what happened to that Kanye phase where Bon Iver was on 9 tracks off of the album :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreams-Visions said:
I'm not sure, but I absolutely hate that sex one.

anyone know what the significance of the ballet dancer is? the others are pretty straight-forward.
Well it was the original album artwork for the Runaway single, though I'm not quite sure of the ballet association to Runaway either. Perhaps the girl Kanye's telling to run away in Runaway?

Ephemeris

I'm rocking either one of the two sword ones. :/

Not fond of the sex one either, plus I associate the ballerina with the runaway single.

Oozer3993

enzo_gt said:
Agreed.

You know whats messed up? We still don't have proper production credits and features yet.

Not sure if these are correct, they were posted unsourced on KTT:

01. Dark Fantasy (prod. RZA, Kanye West & No I.D.)
02. Gorgeous (feat. Kid Cudi & Raekwon) (prod. RZA, Kanye West & Pete Rock)
03. Power (prod. S1 & Kanye West)
04. All Of The Lights (Interlude)
05. All Of The Lights (prod. Kanye West)
06. Monster (feat. Jay-Z, Rick Ross, Nicki Minaj & Bon Iver) (prod. Kanye West & DJ Premier)
07. So Appalled (feat. Jay-Z, Pusha T, Prynce Cy Hi, Swizz Beatz & RZA) (prod. Kanye West)
08. Devil In A New Dress (prod. Bink!)
09. Runaway (feat. Pusha T) (prod. Kanye West)
10. Hell Of A Life (prod. Kanye West & Jon Brion)
11. Blame Game (feat. John Legend) (prod. Kanye West & DJ Toomp)
12. Lost In The World (prod. Kanye West, Jon Brion & Justin Vernon)
13. Who Will Survive In America

Deluxe Edition Bonus:
14. See Me Now (prod. Kanye West, No I.D. & Lex Luger)

Female singer on Dark Fantasy is Teyana Taylor (she said she also sang backing vocals on Runaway), and the female singers on Lost in the World are Alicia Keys and Elly Jackson of La Roux.

Bowser said:
I'm pretty sure it's real. DJ Premier has acknowledged that Momma's Boyfriend is an iTunes bonus track and Kanye himself said they threw Big Sean on See Me Now, so I think the rest are probably legit (at least I hope, I really want that Chain Heavy).

Q-Tip said he worked on Chain Heavy and that it is on the Deluxe Edition.

I'll be rocking the fractured face cover and I'll probably add every cover to the songs on iTunes.

Bowser

Oozer3993 said:
Not sure if these are correct, they were posted unsourced on KTT:

Female singer on Dark Fantasy is Teyana Taylor (she said she also sang backing vocals on Runaway), and the female singers on Lost in the World are Alicia Keys and Elly Jackson of La Roux.

Q-Tip said he worked on Chain Heavy and that it is on the Deluxe Edition.

I'll be rocking the fractured face cover and I'll probably add every cover to the songs on iTunes.

Fractured face cover FTMFW

kanye-west-my-beautiful-dark-twisted-fantasy-album-cover-3.jpg

I wish iTunes could rotate each cover automatically

Brahs: leave that "320kbps" version alone.

According to my spectrograph analysis, the version first leaked is the higher quality version.

In fact, based on the spectroraphs, the quality of these songs are as follows:

320 kbps Clean leak > ~200kbps (v2) dirty leak > 320kbps dirty leak

also, the dB levels of the dirty leaks all show the recording is too loud, causing audio quality loss when compared to the clean leak.

My guess is that the 320kbps dirty leak was created by someone taking the ~200kbps dirty leak and trying to reconvert it into 320kbps, causing a loss of quality (you can't transcode mp3 to mp3 without actually losing audio quality, no matter what bitrate you'd like to attain).

in short, if you want the best audio quality, the clean leak is your best bet. if you want the best dirty version, the v2 version is best.

I can post the spectrograph and dB graphs compared to the clean version if you like. or you can take my word for it.

HiResDes said:
I apologize to everyone...I no longer care anymore myself, I'm just sticking with what I got until the 22nd.
well don't stick with the 320kbps dirty if that whatcha got. the audio is blown out at the top and overall quality is worse than the V2 dirty release.

Oozer3993

Dreams-Visions said:
Brahs: leave that "320kbps" version alone.

According to my spectrograph analysis, the version first leaked is the higher quality version.

In fact, based on the spectroraphs, the quality of these songs are as follows:

320 kbps Clean leak > ~200kbps (v2) dirty leak > 320kbps dirty leak

also, the dB levels of the dirty leaks all show the recording is too loud, causing audio quality loss when compared to the clean leak.

My guess is that the 320kbps dirty leak was created by someone taking the ~200kbps dirty leak and trying to reconvert it into 320kbps, causing a loss of quality (you can't transcode mp3 to mp3 without actually losing audio quality, no matter what bitrate you'd like to attain).

in short, if you want the best audio quality, the clean leak is your best bet. if you want the best dirty version, the v2 version is best.

I can post the spectrograph and dB graphs compared to the clean version if you like. or you can take my word for it.

I just discovered the same thing while trying to remove Fergie from All of the Lights lol. I thought the explicit sounded a little raspy compared to the clean leak, and that confirmed it. I wonder if we'll get another rip.

Oozer3993 said:
I just discovered the same thing while trying to remove Fergie from All of the Lights lol. I thought the explicit sounded a little raspy compared to the clean leak, and that confirmed it. I wonder if we'll get another rip.
certainly hope so. clipping audio and unnecessary compression makes me want to punch babies.

Acid08

Banned
Dreams-Visions said:
well don't stick with the 320kbps dirty if that whatcha got. the audio is blown out at the top and overall quality is worse than the V2 dirty release.
That's weird, the 320 dirty leak sounded much cleaner in my headphones. Oh well.

HiResDes

Same, that's what I said I'm sticking with it...It already got censored off a few sites. It bears this:

Source...............: CD
Year.................: 2010
Ripper...............: EAC (Secure mode) / LAME 3.92 & Asus CD-S520
Codec................: LAME 3.98
Version..............: MPEG 1 Layer III
Quality..............: Insane, (avg. bitrate: 320kbps)
Channels.............: Joint Stereo / 48000 hz
Tags.................: ID3 v1.1, ID3 v2.3

^ yea, that's the booboo version. lol.

Acid08 said:
That's weird, the 320 dirty leak sounded much cleaner in my headphones. Oh well.
placebo effect. trust me. it is without question a transcode of the V2 version. it might be slightly louder, which may cause you to think it's better...but it definitely isn't. it is the most compressed version of the 3 that are out, sacrificing the most audio detail. essentially, it's taking up more space on your HDD, while providing inferior quality. that just stinks.

@ Expendible: I'd like aversion as good as the clean version. but it doesn't matter ultimately, because I need the CD. I need lossless. There can be no exception.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I absolutely love the album version of Devil in a New Dress, I thought 7 minutes was overkill but this version is so fucking good.

Runaway's a bit too long, and those last 3 ear-bleeding minutes are definitely not needed.

Great song overall though up until the 6 minute mark. I would kill for a straight Wu remix of Gorgeous.

So Appalled would be dope with a Lil Wayne remix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom