• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
My list, before listening to Kanye's album

The Roots - How I Got Over
Kno - Death is Silent
Currency - Pilot Talk
Big Boi - The Son of Chico Dusty
Rick Ross - Teflon Don
Strong Army Steady - In Search of Stony Jackson
Black Milk - Album of the Year
The Left - Gas Mask
Nas & Damien Marley - Distant Relatives
Freeway & Jake One - Stimulus Package

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Man, finally, the explicit version.

This "So High" bit threatens to ruin Dark Fantasy. So unnecessary :(

I'll probably get used to it. But man, unnecessary.

I was going to pick up the Big Boi album today, you guys are making me reluctant. I've heard Shutterbug and Shine Blockas and they bump hard. I'm guessing they're the standout tracks and I was going to buy it off the strength of those but damn.

Might have to settle for MotM2 which I was planning on buying later (and preorder MBDTF)

andymcc

Banned
toasty_T said:
I was going to pick up the Big Boi album today, you guys are making me reluctant. I've heard Shutterbug and Shine Blockas and they bump hard. I'm guessing they're the standout tracks and I was going to buy it off the strength of those but damn.

it's a really awesome album. if you like those two songs, there's tons more to love on it.

andymcc said:
it's a really awesome album. if you like those two songs, there's tons more to love on it.

It kinda loses steam with a chain of 3-4 meh tracks, but it's definitely full of damn nice tracks and the production is great.

PhoenixDark said:
It kinda loses steam with a chain of 3-4 meh tracks, but it's definitely full of damn nice tracks and the production is great.

what are the 3-4 "meh" tracks you speak of? General Patton is the only track I can't stand on the album

Ken Masters said:
what are the 3-4 "meh" tracks you speak of? General Patton is the only track I can't stand on the album

Not a fan of Hustle Blood, Be Still (I really like Monae's album but this track is ehh), and For Yo Sorrows.

Swag

PhoenixDark said:
Not a fan of Hustle Blood, Be Still (I really like Monae's album but this track is ehh), and For Yo Sorrows.

You ain't no DJ
Hustle Blood
Turns me On

All insta skips for me

Equus Bellator Apex

PhoenixDark said:
Be Still (I really like Monae's album but this track is ehh)
62302d94eca88c46722f3f4f29353177.gif

Ashhong

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Man, finally, the explicit version.

This "So High" bit threatens to ruin Dark Fantasy. So unnecessary :(

I'll probably get used to it. But man, unnecessary.

I love that part. So beautiful

PhoenixDark said:

Hustle Blood I can see where you are coming from, but the others are nice to me

and You Ain't no DJ is crazy track, can't see how anyone can hate on it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Oh my god!
My exact reaction! :lol :lol :lol PD gives in!

Distant Relatives was dope, but I'm enjoying this quite more. And I have zero desire to listen to Big Boi's album because I'm not really into him. I liked Shutterbug, and General Patton was decent, but the rest of the stuff I heard sounded very meh. Never been a huge fan of Big Boi.

ep85

toasty_T said:

Might have to settle for MotM2 which I was planning on buying later (and preorder MBDTF)
Chico Dusty is a great album that could have used a little editing. I say get it. How hard is it to skip a few songs it has 20, more than worth the money.

On topic: I LOVE the album. Blame Game is utter perfection.

MMaRsu

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
ok, this might be the best hip hop album of the year god dammit :lol

PhoenixDark said:
Be Still (I really like Monae's album but this track is ehh), and For Yo Sorrows.

2py40fcjpg.gif

Fuck is wrong with you PD.

How can you hate on those two tracks? Both are near perfect.

The ONLY track is dislike on Big Boi's album is Hustle Blood. The rest is amazing. Probably like it better than Kanye's album too, probably blasphemy to say that in here but whatever.

Acid08 said:
It really is. I just want to dance around my house whenever it comes on.

Seriously. I just wanna play this song from a mountain top so everyone can hear it and everyone can feel as good as I do when it plays. Rhianna sounds lovely on it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Memphis Reigns said:
Seriously. I just wanna play this song from a mountain top so everyone can hear it and everyone can feel as good as I do when it plays. Rhianna sounds lovely on it.
Man, the little touches are great on that song. I LOVE the increased bass that drops right after the chorus, and the "Fast cars! Shooting Stars!" part works in favour of the song too. And the Elton John/Rihanna bit at the end is beautiful too.

Instantly a classic beat.

Bowser

The tracks are explicit and say 320, but the See Me Now is bullshit, it's just the G.O.O.D. Friday version, no Big Sean on it.

Bowser said:
The tracks are explicit and say 320, but the See Me Now is bullshit, it's just the G.O.O.D. Friday version, no Big Sean on it.

:/

Also was this fake or what?
14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]

Bowser

JordanLMiller said:
:/

Also was this fake or what?
14 See Me Now f Beyonce & Charlie Wilson [Bonus]
15 Chain Heavy f M.I.A [Exclusive iTunes]
16 Momma’s Boyfriend [Exclusive iTunes]
17 Power (rmx) f. Jay-Z & Swizz Beatz [Exclusive iTunes]
18 Pure f. Mr Hudson [Exclusive iTunes]

I'm pretty sure it's real. DJ Premier has acknowledged that Momma's Boyfriend is an iTunes bonus track and Kanye himself said they threw Big Sean on See Me Now, so I think the rest are probably legit (at least I hope, I really want that Chain Heavy).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom