• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
V0 isn't in the 230-240kbps range Gremlin mentioned though, so this is V2 technically?

I always thought 320kbps rips sounded a BIT clearer than the 192kbps ones.

This version is just the rip we listened to over and over, just sped up and the pitch altered.

Yea that early one before the movie came out, combined with the 1 Drake verse leak. The drums are offbeat in the beginning though, terrible

Maybe fixed2bebroken, our resident sound engineer, can do the Power intro? =D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ashhong said:
Yea that early one before the movie came out, combined with the 1 Drake verse leak. The drums are offbeat in the beginning though, terrible
The randomness of the drums is what originally hooked me over, because it sounded so spastic at first but when you really listened in, he timed the in such an unorthodox way :lol

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
The randomness of the drums is what originally hooked me over, because it sounded so spastic at first but when you really listened in, he timed the in such an unorthodox way :lol

That's just weird :lol

Equus Bellator Apex

Dreams-Visions said:
good. glad someone in his camp that he trusts is pointing him in the right direction. yes men and sympathizers will back-pat him until he falls right off a fucking cliff.

anyway...this album...it's not going to ever get old. I didn't think that would be the case, really. but this album is just amazing. 10 years from now, i'll still be giving this album spins.

good job, Kanye. good job.

side note: anyone ever wonder why kind of album we would have gotten had the Swift incident not happened? Basic Chaos Theory suggests that the entirety of that experience (embarrassment, personal struggle, shame, depression, etc) probably greatly influenced the mood of songs, lyrics and beats. wish there was an alternate dimension where none of that happened so we could see what that album would have sounded like. :D

Part of me thinks that the Taylor Swift thing was one of the best things to happened to him, people forget that before that he was pretty fucked up. I truly believed that if the MTV never happened something worse would worse would have just happened instead.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Equus Bellator Apex said:
Part of me thinks that the Taylor Swift thing was one of the best things to happened to him, people forget that before that he was pretty fucked up. I truly believed that if the MTV never happened something worse would worse would have just happened instead.
While I do agree this album is heavily inspired by the turmoils he had to go through from being hated, to the swift thing, and his breakup with Amber rose, I wouldn't classify it as one of the best things that's happened to him, or agree that he was pretty fucked up before.

Equus Bellator Apex

enzo_gt said:
While I do agree this album is heavily inspired by the turmoils he had to go through from being hated, to the swift thing, and his breakup with Amber rose, I wouldn't classify it as one of the best things that's happened to him, or agree that he was pretty fucked up before.

Best thing in that it forced him to take a "break" and deal with the tragedies that occurred in his life.

You remember that he showed up to the VMAs drunk off his ass. It seemed pretty clear that he was about to begin a very painful downward spiral.

SUPREME1

Banned
NOOB QUESTION -

I just DL'd all the G.O.O.D. Fridays songs from his website. Listening now.

I also visited and DL'd the zip file for the 'explicit' you guys are all raving about. My question is, will the music on 'explicit' be the same as what I just downloaded from his GOOD Fridays site... or completely different... or will it have a few of the GOOD ones and some new stuff?

Help?

Tucah

you speak so well
ImperialConquest said:
NOOB QUESTION -

I also visited and DL'd the zip file for the 'explicit' you guys are all raving about. My question is, will the music on 'explicit' be the same as what I just downloaded from his GOOD Fridays site... or completely different... or will it have a few of the GOOD ones and some new stuff?

Help?

Three Good Friday tracks (Devil in a New Dress, Monster, So Appalled) are on the album. Devil in a New Dress is twice as long on the album, the other two are pretty much the same.

Otherwise, all other tracks are new.

Ashhong

ImperialConquest said:
NOOB QUESTION -

Help?

The explicit has about 2-3 tracks from Good Friday (they have the same title so you will know) and they are the same for the most part. A little different here and there.

Oh yea, forgot that Devil in a New Dress is pretty different.

thekad

Banned
Ashhong said:
Maybe fixed2bebroken, our resident sound engineer, can do the Power intro? =D

Why don't you just place it in front and call it Power Interlude :lol

Instead, fixed2bebroken should be adding the Drake verse to AOTL
or replacing Fergie's verse with it.

Ashhong

thekad said:

Because it doesn't blend nicely into the start of Power. I would have to take a listen again..

That's a good idea though, wouldn't mind Drake being cut over Fergie. But I think that's a much more difficult task as the beat behind Drake is different and low quality.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
thekad said:

I'm not even mad at that Drake verse, it caught on while listening to it a million times but, it doesn't fit what the song has become with Rihanna and whatnot.

Slizz

So I haven't listened to many of the GOOD Fridays and have tried to avoid all the Kanye live stuff and all the videos. Finally listening to this through. Wow this is really fucking good, dunno where I'd rate it but its top 3 of his for sure.

Slizz said:
So I haven't listened to many of the GOOD Fridays and have tried to avoid all the Kanye live stuff and all the videos. Finally listening to this through. Wow this is really fucking good, dunno where I'd rate it but its top 3 of his for sure.
it's slowly becoming my #2 and might challenge for #1 in time.

totally unexpected.

I just wish there was one more song as personally touching or as easy for the common person to identify with as Blame Game.

Just one more. Oh well.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Slizz said:
Normally I'd make a smartass comment about you actually just saying right here TCD>LR>MBDTF, but I'm loving this a lot right now, and it's edging near LR for me. I don't know man, I'm really moved by this album, but saying this is better than LR may be blasphemous :lol

thekad

Banned
Ashhong said:
Because it doesn't blend nicely into the start of Power. I would have to take a listen again..

iTunes crossfades the two pretty nice. I extended the last part of the interlude, too. So good.

Dartastic

Dreams-Visions said:
unedited Blame Game is fucking hilarious at the end. but I'd still like a version with just instrumental where Rock is. not necessary, though.
Yeah, it's way better when it's not censored. Still ridiculous.

MMaRsu

Banned
Expendable. said:
At least I heard the original Monster so I could piece together. With Blame Game there are whole words I never knew existed!

When I listened to the clean version I thought he said I put a cock in a sarcophagus :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DJs need to listen to the models,
You ain't got no FUCKING yeezy in your serrato?

soo goood.

what is a serrato or whatever anyways?

enzo_gt said:
DJs need to listen to the models,
You ain't got no FUCKING yeezy in your serrato?

soo goood.

what is a serrato or whatever anyways?
Serato. DJ software.

GremlinFool said:
This is Kanye's best album by far. You guys are crazy
I will probably agree by the end of the weekend. CD just holds a special place in my heart. I need a little more time before unseating it officially.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom