• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

Equus Bellator Apex said:
Is it true that the physical Deluxe edition got delayed?

Not sure. I haven't seen anything to suggest it's been delayed in the US though. Just in the UK and Australia.

He's set to be the musical guest on Ellen the day of release 11/22. Dare I dream for All of the Lights?

Ashhong

What is explicit v2? You mean the explicit version in general???? Care to PM a link?

See Me Now is actually a digital bonus track IIRC, they didn't finish it in time for the physical copy. I think only the DVD is extra on the deluxe version.

I was thinking the other day, how amazing would AOTL be at the Grammys? I just imagine Elton John coming out for the end on the piano singing, and every other feature just harmonizing in the background. My God...

Discotheque said:
Blame Game beat sounds like something Nujabes would do.

Fucking true...I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of. Is John Legend always good? Every time I hear him on someones track I love it. Never checked out his albums though.

HiResDes

CaptYamato said:
Fucking true...I was trying to figure out what it reminded me of. Is John Legend always good? Every time I hear him on someones track I love it. Never checked out his albums though.
Yes, John Legend is amazing...

Ashhong said:
What is explicit v2? You mean the explicit version in general???? Care to PM a link?

See Me Now is actually a digital bonus track IIRC, they didn't finish it in time for the physical copy. I think only the DVD is extra on the deluxe version.

I was thinking the other day, how amazing would AOTL be at the Grammys? I just imagine Elton John coming out for the end on the piano singing, and every other feature just harmonizing in the background. My God...
So no bonus cuts at all on the physical copy? Fucking ridiculous

Oozer3993

CaptYamato said:

His first album, Get Lifted, is fantastic and his second, Once Again, is solid.

P.S. I saw people talking about Cee-Lo earlier. How about Cee-Lo on a Kanye beat? If only he did more than the hook :(

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
He took the end of Avril 14th by Aphex Twin, looped it over and over and added drums for Blame Game.

:bow

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Tucah said:
:eek: the explicit is out.

I cannot wait to hear this in its full, unedited glory.

19-Pop-Champagne.gif

Mr Solo Dolo said:
I can see a drunk phone call to the ex with Blame Game being played down the phone happening
just thinking about that verse. that part has to be the most spiteful, hateful shit you can do to someone you knew cared about you. it's cruelty in its purest form. I can't imagine being that upset with someone. I don't think I'd be as brave as Kanye to admit it happened to me on wax.

Ashhong

I actually paid attention to the part of Blame Game before Chris Rock's skit. It makes much more sense now why that's in there. Pretty hilarious to me now :lol

Dreams-Visions said:
just thinking about that verse. that part has to be the most spiteful, hateful shit you can do to someone you knew cared about you. it's cruelty in its purest form. I can't imagine being that upset with someone. I don't think I'd be as brave as Kanye to admit it happened to me on wax.

Say what? It's a "recording" of his girlfriend that he overheard with her new boyfriend right? Don't know whats so spiteful. Maybe I'm missing the point

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Acid08 said:
I need the explicit version of Monster. The song is seriously butchered on the clean version.
You didn't have the explicit version of Monster already? Second G.O.O.D. Friday song released. Taken off of the site now but it must suck listening to it clean for the first time.

320kbps or go home, that's the only way to go.

Yeah, there'll be another group rip in a day or so.

Listened to stream teaser and the album is probably his best since LR. I think if he replaced Monster and Who Will Survive in America, it would of been perfect. But as it stands, another great album from Kanye West.

Bowser said:
Quality on explicit? 128/192/256/320 (please based god 320)?
What a backwards way of gauging quality.

MP3s are divided into 4 classes of music quality: complete mutt rips, V2 (average of 200kbps), V0 (average of ~230-240kbps), and 320. 320 and V0 are indistinguishable, while V2 is more than serviceable. This is a V2 scene release.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well I didn't listen to any of the G.O.O.D friday tracks so it was all fresh for me, and yeah listening to Monster in clean sucks, thank god I have the explicit now.

Ashhong

GremlinFool said:

MP3s are divided into 4 classes of music quality: complete mutt rips, V2 (average of 200kbps), V0 (average of ~230-240kbps), and 320. 320 and V0 are indistinguishable, while V2 is more than serviceable. This is a V2 scene release.

Never knew about these classifications. Good to know. But I know people that will swear by the fact that 320 or lossless shits over even 230kbps

Bowser

GremlinFool said:

:lol it's ok, it's not like I can really tell through these shitty iPhone earbuds at work

Ashhong

This is seriously missing a POWER interlude. I'm going to need to better edit that rip that I did from Runaway so that it fits in front of Power just like AOTL.

Ashhong said:
This is seriously missing a POWER interlude. I'm going to need to better edit that rip that I did from Runaway so that it fits in front of Power just like AOTL.

I thought Yeezy said he was adding that?

holy shit. I had to run to Grand Central and make the train and grabbed it at the last second. Then, all my coworkers wanted it. I made the train with one minute to spare. :lol

This explicit version really is great, can't wait to buy it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dreams-Visions said:
v0 is generally more preferred that 320 constant. it's just...better.

though flac/aiff > either.
V0 isn't in the 230-240kbps range Gremlin mentioned though, so this is V2 technically?

I always thought 320kbps rips sounded a BIT clearer than the 192kbps ones. I just want a good quality rip once and for all that I can stick with. Cause I'm noobish at actually ripping my own CDs, I end up downloading rips.

Ashhong said:
Sounds much much worse here for me...this was an early mix and the drums are off beat..

Did he? Well he didn't add it haha.
This version is just the rip we listened to over and over, just sped up and the pitch altered.

Tucah

you speak so well
Ashhong said:

That's a great idea, I looooved what he did with Power in Runaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom