• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kayak VR aiming for PSVR2 launch

Bought this game on PC. Expect extremely limited content and virtually no post-launch support. There's so much potential here and the devs aren't doing a thing with it. Where's white waters? Where's elevation changes? Where's new levels? It doesn't even feel good to play. You either need to sit on the floor or get a stool or something because you'll be smacking your controllers into your chair's armrests trying to get some speed going while you flail your arms around like an idiot. It does not feel like a real kayak to me, paddle motion vs output at all.

Rudius

These guys could make a nice God of War VR game. Just have Kratos and Atreus talk through tons of stories while you paddle.

Water looks nice too.
Add the possibility of using the weapons while on the boat and it would be a nice VR game. Throw the axe and control its flight with hand movements and eye-tracking.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Cool. I’ve got a 10% discount offer from Sony, so I’m going to use it when I bulk buy a few VR titles - this being one I was waiting for.
Yeah this game has been on my list to get day one since I first saw it. Will be the perfect game to just relax and play.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Regarding this PS VR2 vs. PC talk, the developers of this game says that the PS VR2 has better visuals than the PC version.

https://mixed-news.com/en/beautiful-pc-vr-game-looks-better-than-ever-on-psvr-2/

The Song is the Smoke devs also say the same thing — the PS VR2 version is better than PC VR.

https://www.roadtovr.com/song-smoke-psvr-2-remaster-release/

“It wasn’t a light upgrade – it was a ton of work and up-rezzing of so many visual systems,” creative director Jake Kazdal tells Edge in its 380th edition. “It stands alone, even compared to the highest-end version possible on PC VR – it’s honestly not even close.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom