• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaz Hirai interview about PS3 stuff

AAK

Kaz Hirai said:
GS: Are the Wii's launch day and launch window titles something you guys are even taking into consideration?

KH: Can somebody tell me when they're launching, because I don't know...

Damn... that does seem a bit too arrogant.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Dizzamn, Kaz with the back hand.

NinSoX

Banned
I sure hope he's not displaying that kind of attitude toward developers. SCE has long been known to have fantastic and supportive relations with development teams. I hope he's not too full of himself heading into next gen.

NinSoX said:
I sure hope he's not displaying that kind of attitude toward developers. SCE has long been known to have fantastic and supportive relations with development teams. I hope he's not too full of himself heading into next gen.

The text interview is likely the best interview he's had in years minus the "when's the Wii coming out" line. No ridiculous hyperbole, no overt arrogance (other than potentially the aforementioned comment), but pretty straightforward commentary.

I also don't believe he's much a 3rd party client exec. I think he's the US mouthpiece and probably should have gone a few years ago.

NinSoX said:

That's Phil's job.

Bearillusion said:
That's Phil's job.

Actually, I believe Phil is in charge of 1st party studios. I'm not sure who the primary 3rd party executive is. It could be Phil, but IMO, it's not particularly appropriate given the nature of first party / third party conflict.

Burnst

GS: Are the Wii's launch day and launch window titles something you guys are even taking into consideration?

KH: Can somebody tell me when they're launching, because I don't know...

kaz.jpg

Stin

GS: Now are you guys able to speak to the percentages of 20GB and 60GB PS3s that will be on the market?

KH: We've been speaking to all of our retail partners since E3, and that's been kind of an ongoing dialog with all of our retail partners. Just generally speaking, it seems to me that the 60GB version has gotten a lot more traction with our retail partners and also just in general. The feedback that we've been getting from the gamers as well really points more towards the 60GB version than the 20GB version.

GS: So are you going to be skewing more towards providing 60GB to stores?

KH: We'll probably end up, at least in the initial launch stage, putting more emphasis on the 60GB version as opposed to the 20GB. Now, that's only an estimate that we can make in conjunction with our discussions with retailers and feedback that we're getting from the gamers. Ultimately, I think what'll decide what kind of product mix we'll have is going to be looking at the sell-through rates at retail and then we'll obviously have a better gauge of what the consumer demand is.
Non retard pack FTW? :lol
kaz.jpg

Top Bottom