• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Keanu Reeves rumored to star in Death Stranding 2 alongside Hideo Kojima and Norman Reedus

YOU GUYS ARENT READY FOR THIS ONE!!

GOOD LORD I CANNOT CONTAIN THE HYPE!

Keanu Reeves in a game like Death Stranding is like dividing by zero folks. It shouldn't be possible, but if you can pull it off, you destroy the entire universe.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Guy is 60 years old, almost. Give him a medical cane plus a wheelchair and give him a role similar to the one ChrisWalken had in the movie Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead or leave the fuck him alone. He looks more like a bum tbh.

And someone should beat some sense into Kojima to actually release something that is playable and enjoyable. Chalamet? Make a 1 minute scene someone beating him into a pulp. Little monkey needs to age, he is too young and his visage is boyish. Tho not a bad actor. But we need that beating scene.

His leather jacket looks like it was nabbed from a sleeping samurai from the 1400s.

Norman and Keanu together form the bum collective. This sounds like a perfect movie screenplay. Look, we have so much money, but we pretend to be homeless. Let's don't give a fuck about anything.

Gordon Ramsey Idiot GIF

Roni

Gold Member
Some actors are starting to realize games are gonna be larger than movies in the future. They either read a bunch or have good people around them.

WitchHunter

Banned
Obligatory. Timestamped.

Is this supposed to be funny? Because people laugh in the background? One of the guy looks like he is straight outta labor camp, the other like he has some identity crisis. The last ok thing was NatPortman rapping and the Jizz In My Pants song.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Since we have Keanu, can Kojima get Al Pacino to star as Lucifer? John Wick vs Satan!!! What a boss fight!!! HOO-HAA!!!

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Keanu is so dull and boring. I hate that he’s in Cyberpunk. I don’t like celebrities having their likeness in games. That’s Kojimas thing though because he so wishes he was a real movie director lol
He is a phenomenon. I like the guy, and he was good in CP, but I agree that his visage should've been left out of cyberpunk. Jason Statham would've been a better choice. Kojima might be preparing for a movie director thing...

I forgot Keanu has an actual history of fighting Satan and well as Dracula. Death Stranding boss rush would be insane!!!
This movie... aaaaaarggghhh, what a masterpiece.

EekTheKat

My guess - I wouldn't be too surprised if a bike from Keanu's motorcycle company popped up in DS2, though I wouldn't complain if he got something akin of Mad's role in the first game.

All it takes now would be for Idris Elba to pop up to complete the circle.

MacReady13

Some actors are starting to realize games are gonna be larger than movies in the future. They either read a bunch or have good people around them.
Could be that. Could also be that some games think they ARE films and, as such, try to get big name actors in for these roles. This isn't a good thing though, just listen to what voice actors have to say about these big time Hollywood weirdos coming in and voicing characters in big animated films last 30 or so years. Takes jobs away from these professional voice actors and takes people like me out of the film/game!

Besides, games will never be films. And they shouldn't be. They should focus on gameplay above all else instead of long, boring, poorly scripted and drawn out cut scenes that do nothing for the person holding the controller in hand except make them want to skip that cut scene.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
Fantastic game.
That doesn't make Death Stranding any less fantastic either.
Oh it does.

People only promote DS because it has their favorite celebs and a "Hideo Kojima game" label.
Remove both and the smokes and mirrors disappears.

SotC is pure and minimalistic, from someone that is leagues above Kojimbo in storytelling and character writing.
Kojimbo is just an otaku, while Fumito Ueda is a true artist.

naguanatak

Oh it does.

People only promote DS because it has their favorite celebs and a "Hideo Kojima game" label.

SotC is pure and minimalistic, from someone that is leagues above Kojimbo in storytelling and character writing.
I admit that the so called HK game label is a factor for me liking this game as much as I do, but no, it's not just that. And the celebs aren't near my favourite ones, if there even are ones anymore to be honest. But I'd rather have unfamiliar faces and no celebs in his games honestly, but what can you do.
Death Stranding to me is just a damn good video game. Of course you have to like Kojimas style to even begin to enjoy it. Of course you have to be fine with being bored sometimes or be fine with 'being alone', I think people who can't handle neither aren't going to be able to enjoy this game.
That's not a way of saying people who do not enjoy this game are less than... It's just a fact. I have so many games I cannot enjoy because I can't get into the mindstate required or am just not enjoying certain mechanics or styles.
It would have been fine for me if DS didn't have any shooting sections at all... I shot so many people, creatures, aliens and things in videogames, I'm just tired of it. On the other hand I get it why people want to have these mechanics and I get the critique that DS does it not as good as MGSV did it, which is peak third person gameplay for me.

So for me, it's not just smoke and mirrors. Sure, Fumito Uedas games trigger emotions in me Kojima would never be able to match or come close to. At the same time, Ueda would never be able to stimulate my head as Kojima does...and so these two compliment each other pretty well for me over the years. Jenova Chen had a place in my heart, too for a while...but with Sky and all the mtx bullshit and game design that's for that type of game, he lost me. Hope he's coming back some day.

In my personal top ten, Ueda has three places while Kojima has two (although I count MGS 1-4 as one place, I see them as a package), so yeah... It's hard to imagine this game without the Kojima label because he's just too involved in every part of it. His visions always shines through and I think he's able to lead his team in a way that all these different departments and aspects deliver something much grander than the sum of its parts. There are so many talented people in Kojima Productions, but I understand that he triggers people because of his ego, his antics and his style.

RaduN

Oh it does.

If you think so, you have not played Death Stranding start to finish.
If it has those amazingly produced cutscenes, (because love it or bate it Kojima is fucking unmatched in this regard) it doesn't mean that the mechanical and environmental storytelling is not absolute top tier. It is, in every concievable way. And this also comes with an insanely complex narrative, that delivers on all fronts, effortlessly.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If you think so, you have not played Death Stranding start to finish.
If it has those amazingly produced cutscenes, (because love it or bate it Kojima is fucking unmatched in this regard) it doesn't mean that the mechanical and environmental storytelling is not absolute top tier. It is, in every concievable way. And this also comes with an insanely complex narrative, that delivers on all fronts, effortlessly.

There are so many sublime moments in Death Stranding that aren't accompanied by those lavish cut-scenes too. Obvious example being the moment that "Asylums For The Feeling" kicks in on the rise above the distribution centre at the shoreline. On its face, there's nothing to it, but as a moment for the player having gone through that first initial trek across the mountains and all its hazards... what Kojima's going for just clicks into place.

Definitely one of my favourite and most unforgettable moments in gaming.

Krathoon

Yeah. I need to pop in Death Stranding. Hopefully, my DLC keys are still good.

I tend to forget to redeem my keys when I get a new game.

I might as well get the PS5 upgrade.

Top Bottom