• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ketchup on fries or off to the side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fries on the side.

Nah, I love ketchup but not that much. That said I rarely if ever eat fries, but they're on the side like potatoes and unlike pasta.

I've seen some interesting recipes for fries baked with meat, cheese, vegetables and sauce on top though. How well does that work?

Maengun1

Honey mustard or sweet n' sour are my fry dipping sauces of choice over ketchup, but the condiments must be off to the side for individual dipping. MUST. I have always been incredibly grossed out by people just covering their fries in an ocean of sauce. It turns the deliciously crispy, perfect fries into a goopy, wet, disgusting mess.

My dad is the one person I know who always goes for the sauce covering everything method x_x

Meier

Yikes. Off to the side of course. The fries get wet and mushy if you cover them in ketchup right from the start.

My wife and I are like momma bear and poppa bear from Goldilocks on this type of stuff. She likes ketchup on the fries, I like it on the side. I hate soggy cereal and she lets her cereal just sit in Milk for like a whole minute or two before eating it.

OneEightZero

aka ThreeOneFour
I'm weird about this.

If it's in one of those squeeze bottles that makes small lines of ketchup, I squirt it on the fries. Otherwise, I put it on the side.

KorrZ

Ketchup on the side. Gotta get that dipping game on. This allows you to control the perfect ratio of ketchup to fry for each bite, rather than just spraying it everywhere and hoping for the best.

MviYdU7l.jpg

Poutine with ketchup... so good

This is barbarism at it's absolute height.

Side.

I never finish my food ever, so my friends always vulture off of me. It'll be uncool of me to drench my fries with ketchup/hot sauce and then not finish it and just throw it away after I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom