• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Khizr Khan: John McCain was my son's 'hero'

Status
Not open for further replies.
This whole debacle made me appreciate how cool the name Khizr sounds. Its just boss as fuck. Def naming one of my kids that.

tumblr_ngvkjf7m9S1stw108o10_400.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
"Give me your tired, your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free"

Whatever happened to that?

I've had entire discussions with people on facebook literally telling me they don't give a shit about others. Its never so blunt but they basically go on in a round about way saying that what they earned is there's and no one elses. Eventually it goes into something about personal freedom, small government and states rights but usually the core of it is that they're all about themselves, me me me.

TheFatOne

Body bag season. It's that shit that makes your soul burn slow. McCain just got wrecked for supporting Trump. Winning elections is more important than his own dignity.

McCain did his part to annihilate campaign discourse in America when he picked Sarah Palin as a running mate. He'll keep supporting the Don as long as it continues to be an opportunity for his re-election.

While reality rarely bows to dramatic effect, it would indeed be awesome if this brought down Trump. It would make the Khans true heroes in more ways than one.

3rdman

Damn... He's putting the gun now on McCain.

If you're 80 years old and been in office for the past 35 years. Go out with a bit of divinity.

He seemed to have sold his soul back in 2001...Bush @ company did evil things to win the primary back then and McCain decided to play ball for a chance in 2008. I am far older than most here and I do remember how he used to stand up to those in his own party but no longer. He is a shell of his former self and if this self-serving attitude to win the next election isn't enough to show who he now is, we've got the last 8 years as proof as he's been anything but fair with Obama.

norm9

"Give me your tired, your poor
Your huddled masses yearning to breath free"

Whatever happened to that?

Didnt they turn a lot of people away, especially people with TB or other maladies? In San Francisco, they also turned away tons of Chinese people.

i-Lo

calling someone "muslim-american" feels a bit offensive to me.

I know exactly how you feel. It's always going to be an "us" (read: by default "christians") v "them" mentality and more so in the current climate where the word "terrorism" has been made to be synonymous with "muslim" or "islam".

Reminds me of how I despise it whenever people refer to 'non-whites' as "people of colour" (presumably the colour white isn't a colour after all) as if to lump them to be beneath the whites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom