• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kickstarter Thread | List of gaming kickstarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

From what I've seen these RPGMaker games get very little attention when they are released, even the somewhat notable ones like Eternal Eden, so using kickstarter to basically get the word out about your game and get some upfront funding is clearly much more effective than trying to sell a game through your own site or some other tiny website. I would consider giving money upfront to RPGMaker developers I am already aware of, but not this one anyway.

That's not really related to your post, but it was confirmed just a few days ago that To the Moon will be released on Steam. I think it's the first RPG Maker game Valve didn't reject (and rightfully so, To the Moon is a wonderful experience).

Suprised this hasnt been mentioned here. Considering the nerdboners gaf gets for ios & pokemon.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ter-capture-game-for-mobile-devices?ref=users

Man, the battles are looking like taken straight out of Pokemon. And you even encounter monsters in high grass, lol.

The 2D is gorgeous, though. It's too bad that the monster designs shown were... let's say not quite good-looking.

Twinduct

Man, the battles are looking like taken straight out of Pokemon. And even you encounter monsters in high grass, lol.

The 2D is gorgeous, though. It's too bad that the monster designs shown were... let's say not quite good-looking.

Lol I'll be honest. I have not experience with Pokemon games.

im a little surprised republique isnt doing better. i am interested in it but not for ios. if they announce an android version at some point im in.

im a little surprised republique isnt doing better. i am interested in it but not for ios. if they announce an android version at some point im in.

The creator, Ryan Payton, seems pretty convinced iOS is the way to go. If you haven't seen it, he has an account here and has been talking in the Republique thread.

The creator, Ryan Payton, seems pretty convinced iOS is the way to go. If you haven't seen it, he has an account here and has been talking in the Republique thread.

i hadnt seen that. i would believe that from his perspective ios is probably the way to go. just leaves me out in the cold. i have a kindle fire, and the fiance has an ipad. i guess i could borrow hers for the game, would just be more convenient for me (which is not to say he should develop for me) if it were on android.

thanks though, ill check out the other thread.

Damn I'm really hoping Nekro pulls through although it seems kinda unlikely... Not sure on the Kickstarter trends and whether there's usually a push near the end, but doubling pledges in 10 days seems rough.

Xanathus

Kitaru actually already has a thread about its kickstarter. The general consensus is that it's either a scam or the creators are really ignorant, and pretty much nobody imagines that it will ever see the light of day as a completed project.

The best thing about kickstarters such as these is that they show the general gaming public the shit that publishers need to wade through every day.

gabbo

Damn I'm really hoping Nekro pulls through although it seems kinda unlikely... Not sure on the Kickstarter trends and whether there's usually a push near the end, but doubling pledges in 10 days seems rough.

It seems that might be the case with a lot of smaller KS projects in the next couple weeks.
Hopefully the bump near the end works for Nekro, as I too hope it reaches its goal.

So with Leisure Suit Larry ending in 8 days and Shadowrun Returns ending in 5 days, that just about clears out the big number Kickstarters unless we count Jane Jensen. Grim Dawn will probably make its target but not exceed it by much.

I guess the next Kickstarter on the horizon that has a shot at making a big splash is Tex Murphy?

Coverly

It seems that might be the case with a lot of smaller KS projects in the next couple weeks.
Hopefully the bump near the end works for Nekro, as I too hope it reaches its goal.

same. Maybe someone should make a thread for it.

I was looking at the tiers and I think the $50 to $200 tiers don't offer enough incentive. You can see it in the amount of backers that most just want the first two tiers and there is no real incentive to upgrade between the $25-$100 range which could have been a sweet spot for the game.

mrorange - unless im drunk, city conquest is listed twice in the OP.

i probably wasnt going to fund your world anyway, but just imagine how many unnecessary apostrophes you could expect in a full length game if there are this many is the first sentence on the kickstarter page.

A MMORPG Game built by gamer's, for gamer's and funded by gamer's.

same. Maybe someone should make a thread for it.

I was looking at the tiers and I think the $50 to $200 tiers don't offer enough incentive. You can see it in the amount of backers that most just want the first two tiers and there is no real incentive to upgrade between the $25-$100 range which could have been a sweet spot for the game.

I'll do it tomorrow if there isn't one by then.

So with Leisure Suit Larry ending in 8 days and Shadowrun Returns ending in 5 days, that just about clears out the big number Kickstarters unless we count Jane Jensen. Grim Dawn will probably make its target but not exceed it by much.

I guess the next Kickstarter on the horizon that has a shot at making a big splash is Tex Murphy?

$77,672 Left to go on Jane Jensen's project.
$28,730 Left for Larry.

It's hard to predict what the next big project will be, usually these things just pop up out of the blue. But the Tex Murphy one might still make a big splash.

$28,730 Left for Larry.

It's hard to predict what the next big project will be, usually these things just pop up out of the blue. But the Tex Murphy one might still make a big splash.

i think ive decided that if larry looks close towards the end i will contribute. ill likely contribute to jane jensens also, just havent decided how much.

im happy to see at least a few of the less high profile ones being funded. echoes of eternia looks like a cool passion project.

salromano

OP, you should add Last Class Heroes to the list of funded projects. Just because it's so ridiculously good looking.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kontrabida/last-class-heroes-2d-action-rpg-eyecandy

Gameplay shot:

dgHfD.jpg

Vamphuntr

It's actually what we'd usually call a scam.

I have to agree with you on that one. Requesting 10k for a RPG maker game is quite a lot. Moreover, you have to look at the comments to know it's built using RPG maker. This is the kind of information you need to disclose on the kickstarter page itself in my opinion.

I have to agree with you on that one. Requesting 10k for a RPG maker game is quite a lot. Moreover, you have to look at the comments to know it's built using RPG maker. This is the kind of information you need to disclose on the kickstarter page itself in my opinion.

The images also kind of give it away.

$28,730 Left for Larry.

I believe there is a kings quest/space quest rumored to be coming...and I believe Chris avellone has thought about it for his next project as well

Aselith

Anyone know if Darkforge Games (the people doing Nekro) have every made a game as a company or is this their first game?

eastmen

Banned
hmmm, glad i didnt donate then. are you assuming the role of official kickstarter vetter for this thread? i have no confidence in my ability to recognize scams.

My rule of thumb is simple. If they aren't a big name and have no game play to show off and are asking for very little money then its a scam.

No one is going to make a 30 hour game for $10k

In terms of a physical product. ONce again they have to have a prototype.

I donated to phone soap because they had working prototypes.

I did Zpocalpyse because they had physical proto types.

I received a kind of sad message from the Starlight Inception guys, asking me to talk about the project to my friends. It was a smidgen pathetic. Don't harass your backers and ask them to market for you.

I have to say, receiving a begging message, and seeing their little 'launch DLC' fiasco, is making me reconsider my pledge. I'm not getting the vibe that these guys actually know how to run and complete a project. Advertizing launch DLC? I thought most people loathed that crap.

Aselith

I received a kind of sad message from the Starlight Inception guys, asking me to talk about the project to my friends. It was a smidgen pathetic. Don't harass your backers and ask them to market for you.

I have to say, receiving a begging message, and seeing their little 'launch DLC' fiasco, is making me reconsider my pledge. I'm not getting the vibe that these guys actually know how to run and complete a project. Advertizing launch DLC? I thought most people loathed that crap.

I just think they didn't realize how people felt about DLC. Maybe they're not message board warriors...I mean if you're looking it just statistics of sales and sales figures, people love the fuck out of some DLC so getting some for free should be fuck awesome.

gabbo

I just think they didn't realize how people felt about DLC. Maybe they're not message board warriors...I mean if you're looking it just statistics of sales and sales figures, people love the fuck out of some DLC so getting some for free should be fuck awesome.

While I do agree it's probably just overestimating their audiences desire for Day1 DLC because of sales figures for other DLC of that nature, I would think they could have one person perusing the net looking at such issues besides just KS feedback.

RSP

Seeing all these projects getting launched is making me quite nervous! We're in the process of finishing our Kickstarter project and it should be ready by Thursday. Reading articles about the do's and don'ts of kickstarter everywhere isn't really helping either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom