• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Neiteio

I'm at the final boss soon I think. Chapter 9.
Thank you. I've been itching to have an idea of the game's structure, chapter-wise. How long would you say each chapter tends to be? I'm sure some last longer than others. (You made it sound like
Pandora's Labyrinth
was particularly complex.) Is the game on track to log around 12 hours like it did for Rich at IGN?

Also, you keep praising the dialogue, but how do you like the game overall so far? An excellent title you could see yourself remembering fondly and revisiting down the road, or just sort of an interesting side note in Nintendo's history?

NeoRausch

You guys know more about the game than I do, and I have the game. What's wrong with you!
iEzvaUNQfcpDe.gif
There you have the answer!

you can just play the game and enjoy it. We can just read about it....very much...every detail....for...ever... AAAARRRrrrghhhh....

Sweet OP. While I'm kinda indifferent towards Kid Icarus as a franchise, I'm hyped up for this game cause of Sakurai. The man goes all out on his games sparing nothing and cramming in as much as possible.

EDIT-

Now that I think about it, Sakurai needs to be in charge of a full-fledged RPG.

Ain't no hype like Sakur-hype, my granny always used to say.

Your granny is a wise lady.

Thank you. I've been itching to have an idea of the game's structure, chapter-wise. How long would you say each chapter tends to be? I'm sure some last longer than others. (You made it sound like
Pandora's Labyrinth
was particularly complex.) Is the game on track to log around 12 hours like it did for Rich at IGN?

Also, you keep praising the dialogue, but how do you like the game overall so far? An excellent title you could see yourself remembering fondly and revisiting down the road, or just sort of an interesting side note in Nintendo's history?

Just finished the game, the credits are rolling. It's nowhere near 12 hours. I have played a bit online, done several retries at higher difficulties, spent a long time fiddling in the menues in true Smash Bros style, and I've played for 5,5 hours--- wait. Something's happening! Oh sh! *goes back playing*

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Just finished the game, the credits are rolling. It's nowhere near 12 hours. I have played a bit online, done several retries at higher difficulties, spent a long time fiddling in the menues in true Smash Bros style, and I've played for 5,5 hours--- wait. Something's happening! Oh sh! *goes back playing*
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Busaiku

This is cruel and unusual punishment.

massoluk

Banned

Dude. Don't toy with our feelings.

Whaaaat? Come on don't play with us like that. =(

zroid

Banned

Dear god.

The M.O.B

!!!

"CHALLENGER APPROACHING"

"A New Foe has Appeared!"

Studio 4C tends to make nice stuff, videogame wise too. They were the studio responsible for the anime MegaMan Zero commercials in Japan (err...Rockman Zero).

Wow their Icarus short blows Production I.G.'s outta the water. The 3D depth with the 2D animation looks beautiful. Also, they were responsible for the anime scenes in Catherine no?

Neiteio

Yeah, 4C did Catherine's cut-scenes.
Oh man, I just realized how incredible Catherine would be on the 3DS. The tower segments would have 3D depth similar to Pushmo, the cutscenes could be remastered in 3D like Medusa's Revenge, and maybe they could add online this time to help foster the competitive scene. (NorCal Install has Catherine tournament tonight, btw.)

Tyeforce

You guys are gonna tag spoilers, right? Right? Maybe I should just leave now to be safe, lol. I didn't want to know any details about the ending... ._.

Neiteio

FoxHimself needs to elaborate (in spoiler-tagged fashion) what surprise thing happened when he thought he "beat" the game.

EDIT: Wild guess: Orcos from "Of Myth and Monsters" (the GB Kid Icarus) is the real boss:

OrcosBigKidIcarus.jpg

Eh? EH?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I honestly don't mind at all - spoilers don't bother me one bit - but I think in the interest of some more sensitive folk, FoxHimself should spoiler tag that post.

Oh man, I just realized how incredible Catherine would be on the 3DS. The tower segments would have 3D depth similar to Pushmo, the cutscenes could be remastered in 3D like Medusa's Revenge, and maybe they could add online this time to help foster the competitive scene. (NorCal Install has Catherine tournament tonight, btw.)

bIxav.gif

Atlus needs to make that happen ASAP cause I need that inside of me.

Oh you are just the worst.

PLEASE COME BACK!

GWX

Medusa's Revenge has one the best 3D effects in the system, with loads of pop-out. Amazing stuff, and puts Production I.G. efforts to shame.

Bullza2o

Hmm this thread is becoming slightly spoilerish. I'll probably have to do a blackout to contain my excitement, right about now. See ya guys in 6 days!

Good to hear the framerate and difficulty though.

Neiteio

ZombiePlatypus said:
Atlus needs to make that happen ASAP cause I need that inside of me.
It's funny, when playing Rapunzel (the game-within-a-game in Catherine), I always thought it looked perfect for a 3DS game. I just never thought of the game's potential for the 3DS as a whole. Atlus should definitely do it; I'm sure the 3DS has its share of gamers who'd be roped in by the alluring cover and then discover it's actually an awesome-playing, tastefully handled story full of mystery, horror and suspense. One of my top games of 2011. :)

Oh you are just the worst.

PLEASE COME BACK!
Seriously. FoxHimself, it's your journalistic obligation to your GAF homeland to share the light (of knowledge).

sfried

Come again? I have to see those. O_O
Knock yourself out.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a new OT.

SmithnCo

FoxHimself needs to elaborate (in spoiler-tagged fashion) what surprise thing happened when he thought he "beat" the game.

EDIT: Wild guess: Orcos from "Of Myth and Monsters" (the GB Kid Icarus) is the real boss:

OrcosBigKidIcarus.jpg

Eh? EH?

If not in this game they should use him for an Uprising sequel... If this game does well that is. I really hope it does.

sfried

Rewatching FoxHimself's gameplay footage, I realize this is one of the first games to really utilize the 3DS's volumetric fog effects. Just those scenes with Pit flying through those clouds...I want so say they rival Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy's air combat sequences. But that's rather an unfair comparison considering the flight in KI:U is on-rails.

Still, small touches like correct enemy orientation when decending (you are looking at them from top down instead of head-on like other on-rail shooters) and environments that kind of interact with the characters on screen make it seem really immersive.

mu-chan

Neo Member
Whoa, whoa--serious spoiler territory here! Let's try to spoiler-tag that post! Or at least put it in the thread title. Yikes.

OrcosBigKidIcarus.jpg

Eh? EH?

Speaking of, has ninty said when the us is getting this game on the 3ds virtual console?

OmegaZero

Rewatching FoxHimself's gameplay footage, I realize this is one of the first games to really utilize the 3DS's volumetric fog effects. Just those scenes with Pit flying through those clouds...I want so say they rival Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy's air combat sequences. But that's rather an unfair comparison considering the flight in KI:U is on-rails.

First Megaman Zero and now Ace Combat 3DS mentioned in this OT.
I can die happy.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Anybody else pretty psyched for the big cardboard box?

I know it's silly - it's not even a CE! But I love "specialty" boxes.

Spike

mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg

Top Bottom