• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

weeaboo

Almost forgot. Here's what happened.

After defeating Medusa, the end credits rolls and everyone is happy. Then motherfucking HADES comes, grabs the entire ending credits screen and starts laying down verbal smackdowns. Turns out he's resurrected Medusa just to keep Pit and Palutena busy while he's off murdering people to fill up his realm.

xRZB1.gif

Neiteio

I donated 400 hearts just to see what happened (there's a menu screen where you can just give away your currency). Looks like Palutena, which you can barely see in the distance, moves a time bit closer every time you donate. I wonder what happens when she's gone all the way.
Sex scene.

Wow....That sounds crazy. I'm assuming you haven't beat it yet but do you think it's on par with Sakurai's other work?

I'm not done yet, no.

It's pretty hard being on par with the amount of incredible work that went into Smash Bros Brawl, but this might just be up there.

One thing I don't like is Sakurai's acceptance of enemies just popping into existence all around you. It's like many places in Subspace Emissary where you'll enter an empty room and they'll just fade in. Make them come out of the ceiling or something, jeez.

After defeating Medusa, the end credits rolls and everyone is happy. Then motherfucking HADES comes, grabs the entire ending credits screen and starts laying down verbal smackdowns. Turns out he's resurrected Medusa just to keep Pit and Palutena busy while he's off murdering people to fill up his realm.

epic o_O

Sakurai am new leader

I'm not done yet, no.

It's pretty hard being on par with the amount of incredible work that went into Smash Bros Brawl, but this might just be up there.

One thing I don't like is Sakurai's acceptance of enemies just popping into existence all around you. It's like many places in Subspace Emissary where you'll enter an empty room and they'll just fade in. Make them come out of the ceiling or something, jeez.

Oh thanks. Do you see the controls as a great hinderence or minor annoyance?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus

WAIT WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

AND THEN WHAT

And i guess the rewards so far were items and weapons and stuff like that?

Weapons, powers, music, idols (trophies), etc.

Oh thanks. Do you see the controls as a great hinderence or minor annoyance?

An annoyance. It's not minor, but not a hinderence either. I guess Sakurai and co did the best they could, but it'd still making me take a little break between each chapter.

WAIT WHAT

WHAT

WHAT

AND THEN WHAT

Viridi, the godess of nature shows up and tries to kill everyone. Now it's Palutena vs Hades vs Viridi. The enemies are battling eachother as well as Pit.

So, what does Hades look like? Does he look like the demon guy from Myth and Monsters?

Eric C

Yeah, so could someone be kind enough to sum up all the places where we can get AR cards for this game? Here's what I have so far:

1 card via Game Informer magazine
3 cards via Club Nintendo
3(?) cards via @Gamer magazine

Feel free to add to the list. I know I'm missing some. How is everyone going to try and get all the cards?

3 cards from Nintendo Power magazine in April

This is an issue I'm sure people have already talked about, but this is my first time in this thread.

I'm left-handed. Have any left-handed gaffers tried the game? Obviously, peoples coordination with their off hand varies, but how did you feel playing the game with the standard control scheme? Is there any other control scheme available? I never thought this could be a problem with any game, but I feel like I wouldn't have the necessary accuracy to play the game with any real finesse.

In addition to that image posted of all the control schemes, left handed players can also use the Circle Pad Pro

Neiteio

An annoyance. It's not minor, but not a hinderence either. I guess Sakurai and co did the best they could, but it'd still making me take a little break between each chapter.
I bet they came up with a clever "You've been playing awhile, why not take a break" screen featuring a smug Palutena, eh?

Viridi, the godess of nature shows up and tries to kill everyone. Now it's Palutena vs Hades vs Viridi. The enemies are battling eachother as well as Pit.
OH MY GAWDDD. Can you describe a little what
Hades
and
Viridi
look like?

Neiteio

The spoiler about
Hades reviving Medusa as a mere distraction and the war between nations
made the game 100% more epic, but the spoiler about
Viridi going to war with Hades and Palutena for a three-way War of the Gods
pushes this reveal into god-tier territory (no pun intended).

Holy shietttttt.

I need it to be Friday now.

Neiteio

7MkfB.jpg

The cactus was a gift.
WOW. Background info on this pic? Is that Sakurai's gaming room? Any more pics? I see he has the clear orange N64, which is amazing.

See, Sakurai is not just a game designer -- he's a gamer. That's why he omits nothing when it comes to options to get the most out of your game. No "single-player Versus mode in Mario Kart 7"-style oversights.

WOW. Background info on this pic? Is that Sakurai's gaming room? Any more pics? I see he has the clear orange N64, which is amazing.

See, Sakurai is not just a game designer -- he's a gamer. That's why he omits nothing when it comes to options to get the most out of your game. No "single-player Versus mode in Mario Kart 7"-style oversights.

That's Project Sora's "lounge" room.

Neiteio

That's Project Sora's "lounge" room.
Amazing. I wonder what games they play. I know Sakurai himself tweeted he was loving Dark Souls and Uncharted 3 late last year. I wonder what the Sora staff play together in that room. SSF4, perhaps? (I see arcade sticks!)

Just curious, how do you play? Without the stand?

Tried with the Frankenstand, and it definitely plays a little bit better with it. However, I really don't like playing with the whole thing on a table.

God tier?

Almost.

I bet they came up with a clever "You've been playing awhile, why not take a break" screen featuring a smug Palutena, eh?

No smug Palutena, but the screen's there!

OH MY GAWDDD. Can you describe a little what
Hades
and
Viridi
look like?

I'll post a picture instead.

kSt

Well, it`s time to bail out from this thread before it`s too late. See you on Friday, see you in online battles.

Azure J

So I just looked at FoxHimself's spoilers on this page with no context whatsoeve--

FUCK, I NEED THIS NOWWWWWWW

I hope that Medusa isn't going to be just a one time thing though, she's fucking awesome. :lol

Also, is that a setup for Kid Icarus Wii U right there? :D

Top Bottom