• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising website updates and Palutena Tweets

Wizpig

Well, we are getting a frickin' DOA demo this week... maybe in a year we'll get KI:U

We're also getting Kid Icarus GB this week! €3!

Do you guys know if Europe will get the KI:U cards without preorder?

wsippel

Banned
Well, we are getting a frickin' DOA demo this week... maybe in a year we'll get KI:U

Amazon gives away one free booster pack (24 cards) as preorder bonus. Well, Amazon Germany does, no idea if this deal is for all of Europe. It seems the packs are also sold individually - and quite expensive. €11 or €12 if I remember correctly.

Haha... DoA... It's not like I've got the game for about a year... but it could be cool if it give the game a little boost :(
About KI:U cards.. I don't know, I don't even know if we'll have it, outside of the game.

Neiteio

The DOA demo timing is perfect, given the hype for DOA5. Though it will be hard going back to the look of the old doll-face characters after seeing the new:

JuI2G.jpg

I'll possibly try out the DOA demo. Would be nice to get one for Tekken as well. I'm really pleased to see all these games getting demos. Now just give us one for Kid Icarus, Nintendo, so we can acclimate to the camera controls ahead of time. That seems to be the one point that takes a bit of adjustment. I trust in Sakurai, though, and I'm sure the core action is compelling enough to keep people going until they master the camera. :)

It would be great if Amazon USA would add the KIU booster card pack as a preorder incentive. I already preordered there for the 3D Classic version of Kid Icarus, which looks GREAT, with newly added backgrounds (much like how Excitebike had newly added backgrounds, only here they depict whole new settings). Now just add the booster pack to sweeten the deal, and honor all existing preorders as usual. :)

And I see that the anime shorts will be available in the West via Nintendo Video. That's nice, but again, it would be cool if there's a way to keep them, whether as a purchase in the eShop or better yet, as a free download.

AnX_HqMCQAECmnD.jpg

Ha, I love Skuttler. :)

So hyped for this game. It's getting painful waiting. :(

That first song has an orchestrated arrangement now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nOPEMaWAw

And it's that song that had me thinking Motoi Sakuraba would be involved with this game. But this could be Shogo Sakai's doing too. It wouldn't be the first time his brass got my Sakuraba vibes ticking. Can't wait to find out the truth later. Whoever it is, it's great music!

That first song has an orchestrated arrangement now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6nOPEMaWAw

And it's that song that had me thinking Motoi Sakuraba would be involved with this game. But this could be Shogo Sakai's doing too. It wouldn't be the first time his brass got my Sakuraba vibes ticking. Can't wait to find out the truth later. Whoever it is, it's great music!

This game just might be worth buying for the soundtrack alone.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
-Great Soundtrack
-Content up the wazoo including modes nobody is ever gonna care about
-Self-referential humour
-Batshit insane action
-animaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Yup, it looks like a Sakurai game. Gimme my fucking 3DS revision now Nintendo.

I hope Nintendo decides to use the Eggplant Wizard in their TV commercials. It's probably the one thing people remember from the original, even people who never played the game (because of Captain N).

Imagine a guy in a cheesy Eggplant Wizard costume walking around a shopping center, turning people, dogs and random objects into eggplants...

cn_tev_bio_egg.jpg

This is now officially the thread to decide the OT title.

Mainly because I'm finding it a total bitch to decide myself.

Maybe...
Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Now With Twice The Hands!
Or...
Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Old Pit's Gonna Teach You Some New Tricks

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Bark like a dog

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Palutena's lovers reunite!

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Man, those Metroids...where's their mother?!?

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Not your father's Kid Icarus

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| The bastard son of Sin&Punishment and Smash Bros.

sfried

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "Sorry to keep you waiting!"

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "Angels shouldn't gloat, Pit."

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Prepare to meet the light!

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "SPACE KRACKEN!" "Better do something about those tentacles..."

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "So what are we talking? Mini-boss? Final Boss?"

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "G-FORCE...IN MY FAAAAAAACE!"

Codeblue

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| "Sorry to keep you waiting!"

I like this one.

If not that then maybe something that emphasizes the multiplayer aspect that some people may have missed. Relating it to Smash Bros. right in the topic name or something might get people more interested.

zroid

Banned
Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| AKA "The Portable JYB Experience!"

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| Bringing hand cramps back in style

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| And so begins Standageddon

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| Why Smash Bros U isn't a launch title

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| The best Kid Icarus game since 1991

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| How Intense can you go?

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| Pit bets hearts; Palutena breaks 'em

Kid Icarus: Uprising |OT| Pit takes a stand

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| That tingling in your toga

my favourite XD

quotes from ONM's review via nintendoeverything

ONM said:
“remarkably beautiful game”.

“stunning to behold, in fact, a visual masterpiece on 3DS that routinely surprises with impressive, expansive and detailed sprawling landscapes”.

“rich fantasy world” which has been “teased from the abstract visuals of an 8-bit NES game”

“The single player campaign is huge, for a start, and it sits alongside two full-featured local and online multiplayer modes [offering] countless equippable weapons and powers that work across both.”

“it takes perseverance to comfortably wrap your paws around the game’s on-foot sections … it’s intuitive enough once mastered”.

“(foot sections are) spectacular, self-contained arenas”.

“(there is a weapons store) from which you can purchase new armaments and you can fuse weapons”, mini-achievements, and a scalable risk-versus-reward difficulty system.

“[It feels far bigger than the console upon which it appears, it’s deeper than most home console titles and more content-packed than any other 3DS game yet released. Pit might’ve been sorry to keep us waiting, but this was a wait worth every second.”

eogjk.gif

Neiteio

Once again, the only aspect of the game that doesn't sound like it immediately clicks is the ground combat. It seems like it takes an adjustment period, but once you acclimate to small stylus movements aiming and broader strokes turning the camera, it becomes intuitive.

Nintendo should release a demo and let us acclimate early. :)

SteeloDMZ

Banned
The praise for the visuals is no exageration. Unless you strictly prefer "realistic" visuals like in RE Revelations, this is one of the best looking games you"ll see on a handheld. It also has the best 3D, and unlike some games, the effect adds a ton to the overall presentation.

From what I remember, it also ran extremely well.

Neiteio

Everything is so lively and energetic, bouncing and stretching and exploding in splashy flashes of light. It looks solid and colorful in stills, but in motion it's just a kaleidoscope of activity.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Less powerful than a New iPad™

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Pit went and grew up

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| This game will tear you a new one

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| New Japan Time Tripping

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| Are you Reeeeeeeaaaaaadddddddy?

Top Bottom