• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Arbiter

Skab

Not larry david.

tumblr_md7nlrmi321rkghduo1_400.gif

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Max, do you know if the sword is gonna look like the render? It's off in the trailers, but on point in that render.

The character's usually aren't 100% launch final when making the trailers. This was made a few weeks ago, so you can assume lighting/VFX and even animations can change at launch for many characters.

I liked that they used Thunder to show the height difference. Sangheili are tall as frick.

Nailed it.

Zomba13

It's funny. The only way I thought they could mess it up was by not having him voiced by Keith David and they manage to mess it up.

BHK3

Banned
I don't like the way he looks, or how he sounds. Oh well just give me more season 3 info please. PC release WHEN????????

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
It's funny. The only way I thought they could mess it up was by not having him voiced by Keith David and they manage to mess it up.

It's not Thel. It's a blend of historical arbiters so he can wear different costumes and fight a battletoad in Chicago.

The Flash

Banned
It's not Thel. It's a blend of historical arbiters so he can wear different costumes and fight a battletoad in Chicago.

But then why does he say that he defied Truth and fought the Flood? Even if he's a blend those call backs are pretty specific.

Alienous

I thought the fake Arbiter voice dude did a good job... I mean, it's not like you're going to hear a lot of his voice.

That said I really dig the map. Between this and Street Fighter V I'm going to need to get myself a Fight Stick and start taking this genre seriously. I have Killer Instinct Season 2 and I've barely played it.

I don't get it. Why not go all in and put in master chief? MS owns the IP and it will get XB1 users who are not interested in fighting games to take a second look.

Love it! Keith David probably charges a thousand bucks per line of dialogue (well deserved, of course) so I understand not using him. Plus, if he isn't Thel, that makes sense. I can't wait to see his retro!

Well I mean, I don't think the disappointment is simply from people thinking Thel was recast, as much as they were specifically hoping for Thel/Keith to begin with, and that's not what this is.

Still, it's a pretty awesome match-up regardless and I'm definitely picking it up, probably day one. I'm always down for more Halo cross-over material/Halo in general.

Actually, I think it may be Dave Fennoy (Lee from The Walking Dead).

Considering Keith David's probably not cheap, either, it's fine.

El Sabroso

I don't get it. Why not go all in and put in master chief? MS owns the IP and it will get XB1 users who are not interested in fighting games to take a second look.

Arbiter looks fitting better to KI universe than Master Chief, which in Xbox One is looking more like a darkstalkers game with different creatures

Zomba13

Love it! Keith David probably charges a thousand bucks per line of dialogue (well deserved, of course) so I understand not using him. Plus, if he isn't Thel, that makes sense. I can't wait to see his retro!

If it's not a low poly Halo 1 Elite then I'll be upset.

btags

I don't think Master Chief has a distinct fighting style to make it into the game. He basically has a melee punch, guns, and grenades so it would be really awkward trying to make him work in a fighter while sticking to the source material and also making an interesting character. Arbiter is much better for a fighting game as he does a lot more melee combat in general.

Shredderi

That's not Keith David. His mechanics transitioned well so I'm intrigued.

KI still has the worst cheesiest music though.

The level you are wrong on approaches being factually wrong! Music sounds pretty good. I like it, but I miss Mick's way of processing drums. They sold the whole sound to me initially.

Honestly the Arbiter is just a much better fit for the game. Plus, I imagine 343i is much more protective of Chief appearances and weird canonical quirks (a carry over from Bungie, who invented a new Spartan for DOA rather than use Chief).

Hell, MS might even feel the same way. Companies can be pretty strict with depictions of their star characters, even if it is entirely internal.

I really dislike these crossover characters. I thought that looked really dumb and forced.
I can sort of give you Battle Toad. But if I was unaware of Halo I wouldn't question Arbiter as a KI character at all. He fits in just fine next to Glacius and Fulgore.

Top Bottom