• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

Skab

No!

Combo rushdown
Cinder aerial rushdown

Spinal balanced/turtle
Fulgore rushdown
Tusk zoner
Riptor grappler
Kim wu rushdown

And maya deleted forever

Turtle is not in the KI3 vocab. They want people doing shit. Spinal should be ground rushdown, IMO. He was always the type of character that never stopped moving once he got started.

How would you turn Tusk into a zoner?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Turtle is not in the KI3 vocab. They want people doing shit. Spinal should be ground rushdown, IMO. He was always the type of character that never stopped moving once he got started.

How would you turn Tusk into a zoner?

Tusk is huge and has a massive sword

Spinal was defensive for the sake of offense, not for the sake of defense. That's why he's balanced (going offensive) but turtling to gain his power.

There is some neat shit you could do with his old KI mechanics and expand on it

Kacho

i'm curious if they actually will bring back any of the KI 2 characters or just create new characters and bring in guests

I really hope so. I loved Tusk, Kim Wu, and Maya. Considering they need more female fighters, giving us Kim Wu and Maya without Orchid-face would be awesome IMO.

Keits

Developer
They had KI only at the Twitch booth, and only for the live stream, Sunday at NYCC. I managed to win a tournament for it!

Love the new KI!

dcx4610

I hope none of the KI2 characters make it. It doesn't make sense from a story perspective and they just weren't that interesting. I'm talking to YOU Maya and Wu fans.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Congrats Keits! Hope to catch the final match in Archives SOMEWHERE.

New Information on the Pinny Arcade Edition from.. Penny Arcade themselves! (Thanks to DH forum's / MichealRobles for bringing this to attention!)

http://www.penny-arcade.com/2013/10/14/pin-ultimate

i-3p9WMQf.jpg

i-GbPzrzq.jpg

i-DhvS44L.jpg

Skab

Triangle symbol looks way more like some sort of cyber symbol instead of a warning/chemical/hazmat type thing.

Im fully in the Fulgore camp now.

But who cares because Spinnaaaallll

The Chemical symbol is obviously designed to match with Glacius...its fucking Cinder I'd bet money on it

They need Fulgore to headline season 2 and it won't be anyone new because it would just anger KI fans who want their old favorites.

.la1n

i'm curious if they actually will bring back any of the KI 2 characters or just create new characters and bring in guests

In one of the Killer Thursday streams they mentioned having interesting ideas for Tusk (I'm paraphrasing here as I don't remember the exact quote) so it seems they have an interest in the KI 2 characters at the very least. I never cared for KI 2 / Gold so I don't feel strongly one way or another. Just make sure we get the original crew DH.

Congrats Keits! Hope to catch the final match in Archives SOMEWHERE.

New Information on the Pinny Arcade Edition from.. Penny Arcade themselves! (Thanks to DH forum's / MichealRobles for bringing this to attention!)

The idea is to go beyond just sticking a statute in the box. With the Pin Ultimate edition you get a case that when closed will look something like a hardcover book on your shelf.

I would have rather had a statue tbh lol. I'd love to buy this, but I already money on my LIVE account dedicated to buying the game.

.la1n

Power rangers competition hell yeah, lol. I need to dig through my old game magazines I'm sure there's an issue in there from game pro with killer instinct on the cover, I believe it was Riptor and Glacius.

histopher

Dunno if it's nostalgia or what, but I still love the Fulgore design. Doesn't need much changing IMO, hope they stay pretty faithful to it.

Really annoyed me as a kid not being able to get access to those official character renders, they were always so rare. Anyone know a good site that has them?

abadguy

Banned
Dunno if it's nostalgia or what, but I still love the Fulgore design. Doesn't need much changing IMO, hope they stay pretty faithful to it.

Really annoyed me as a kid not being able to get access to those official character renders, they were always so rare. Anyone know a good site that has them?

Fulgore is probably the only original design that somewhat holds up, aside from the damned blond pony tail. There is still a lot of room for improvement though.( starting with nixing the aforementioned blond pony tail.)

Miles X

Erm, why are people going gaga over those symbols? ALL those characters will be in the game at some point, not if but when.

Skab

Erm, why are people going gaga over those symbols? ALL those characters will be in the game at some point, not if but when.

Because we want some characters sooner rather than later? And it's the final two season one characters. So it's the difference between getting them earlier next year, and waiting until around august of next year for season two.

Miles X

Because we want some characters sooner rather than later? And it's the final two season one characters. So it's the difference between getting them earlier next year, and waiting until around august of next year for season two.

Um, you realise nothing posted here changes the outcome right? They'll come when they come, what I don't get is people being surprised they'll be in the game.

Skab

Um, you realise nothing posted here changes the outcome right? They'll come when they come, what I don't get is people being surprised they'll be in the game.

No one is surprised about anything. Like I said first, people just want certain characters sooner rather than later.

My favorite character is Spinal. I'm exicted to know that I'll be getting him as part of season one instead of having to wait until season two.

It's not a hard concept to grasp.

So is Microsoft ever going to throw some advertising dollars at this game, or are they just hoping for the best? It would be nice to see this game get some attention.

If you google "Killer Instinct Xbox One" there's not even an official site that comes up ffs

So is Microsoft ever going to throw some advertising dollars at this game, or are they just hoping for the best? It would be nice to see this game get some attention.

If you google "Killer Instinct Xbox One" there's not even an official site that comes up ffs
Yeah, that is pretty weird. The Double Helix site isn't even on the first page.

I hope they don't send it to die. It looks fun.

histopher

Calling it now! TJ combo is getting a goatee and beard. Lol.

Also, I can't wait to see Spinal.

I really don't know what they will do with Combo. I think he is the most generic character of them all, and my least favorite. Even Jago has a sword, fireballs, etc. Combo is just a boxer, not sure how he can compete...

Skab

Calling it now! TJ combo is getting a goatee and beard. Lol.

Also, I can't wait to see Spinal.

I wonder if they'll go back to either the Skeletal Warrior or Pirate or do something new with him. The skull and crossbones icon does kind of lean towards pirate I suppose. Bring back the laugh!

Also can't wait to see what Mick does with his music.

I wonder if they'll go back to either the Skeletal Warrior or Pirate or do something new with him. The skull and crossbones icon does kind of lean towards pirate I suppose. Bring back the laugh!

Also can't wait to see what Mick does with his music.

Loved absorbing fireballs with his shield, then gaining the spinning skulls around him to fire back. You could even hurl three at a time if you had them!

SegaShack

I hope they don't send it to die. It looks fun.

KI specifically does not seem to have much attention given to it. Don't get me wrong, the streams and fighting events are cool and all, but can only go so far (hardcore game enthusiasts and FGC). The other X1 game I am getting, Crimson Dragon, also seems to be getting very little attention (at least now it is streamed weekly though). If MS does not start advertising these games soon I'm not sure how they can expect sales.

Killer Instinct has future seasons with more characters riding on its success. Crimson Dragon has Crimson Dragon RPG (Panzer Dragoon Saga type game) riding on its success as well. I will be pretty upset if we never get more KI characters or a Crimson Dragon RPG. However, I won't be surprised, especially in the case of Crimson Dragon (sadly).

Top Bottom