• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Also no disk, still all download.

correct.

I wouldn't expect a retail copy until at least 2015

at least then you'd have 24 characters+ complete feature set+ KI 1 and 2 and maybe even a killer cuts disc (double album even :-0)

possibly would be launching on PC around retail release too

I will probably triple dip

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
According to that page, it also comes out 5 days after the downloadable edition:

Release date: 11/29/2013

Also note it list itself as a season pass for the costumes and accessories of the season. 8 Costumes, and 16 accessory packs.

Played the game today on the tour bus Xbox thingy. My thoughts are it feels a lot like classic Killer Instinct. I was able to jump in and do 14 hit combos. The graphics look great too. So much movement and, all the particles, while being very smooth. The bus had Forza and I would say Killer Instinct was more impressive.

But don't you know that Racers are the standard for graphic test on next gen consoles, and that fighters are visually simple and plain in comparison to watching fancy boxes move around static tracks? XD
Until racers have dynamic weather, streaks of dirt and such sticking in tracks, more epic car damage, and more life around tracks + destructible builds and such around them, I'm more impressed by other games...

Naa, really, thanks for the impressions:) Hope you had fun! Who'd you enjoy playing the most?

DC R1D3R

Banned
Played the game today on the tour bus Xbox thingy. My thoughts are it feels a lot like classic Killer Instinct. I was able to jump in and do 14 hit combos. The graphics look great too. So much movement and, all the particles, while being very smooth. The bus had Forza and I would say Killer Instinct was more impressive.

Hyped!

Dirtbag

en-INTL_Xbox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816_P6.jpg

14/16
Microscopic Character names

I think I can make out April in the middle - far right

DopeyFish

Don't know what top left is on 2nd page

but the rest are months and I'm half sure that says season finale in the bottom right

and those emblems are all the launch 6

So if I want to play KI on day one with all the characters AND purchase this I'm going to have to spend like 80 bucks?

Not cool Microsoft. Should give us the option to buy the collectors edition alone, and include the soundtrack as well.

Dai101

Banned
So if I want to play KI on day one with all the characters AND purchase this I'm going to have to spend like 80 bucks?

Not cool Microsoft. Should give us the option to buy the collectors edition alone, and include the soundtrack as well.

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

ALL THAT FOR $60.00

The game also features all the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition content, which includes:

• All Season 1 characters (8)*
  • Season pass for all costumers (8) and accessory packs (16)*
  • Early access to all Season 1 content
  • Original Killer Instinct Classic Arcade game

ALL THAT FOR $60.00

Yea no I understand what it comes with. But the main reason I'm buying the Xbox One is for Killer Instinct, and I kinda want to play on day one with all the characters. So I either wait and buy this a week later, or buy the 19.99 edition on day one.

daman824

KI_covers_zpse0b1a051.png

Hmm. So a Radioactive-ish / Chemical Hazard Symbol, and a Skull and Crossbones...
Fulgore and Spinal. All the other characters emblems are pretty obvious (tomahawks for Thunder, spider for Sadira, wolf claw for Sabrewulf). The Cinder emblem will probably have something to do with fire (like a ball of fire).

But the second one is definitely Spinal.

Nori Chan

This actually works for me. Ill have the xbox 1 on the Friday it comes out but I'll be unable to play it until Sunday night. So I can wait a couple more days while I'm clogged with call of duty. Definitely will pick this up.

royalan

I went here: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-eMH73YlYj0A_US9c3pGK3Q

And copied the url of one of the images that existed on both that and the page DopeyFish just posted, and changed that the url of that image to match the ones on the non-mobile site, and found a larger version: http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent...ox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816_RM3_mnco.jpg

o2WLD0I.jpg

Ok, I officially LOVE Orchid's new design now.

The way she showed up in the teaser, she looked really tomboy-ish (not that there's anything wrong with that look. It was just never Orchid's aesthetic. She's fierce and fishy through-and-through.)

But here, the sexy is BACK.

Double Helix, how did I ever doubt you?

izkX6vQKckOwr.gif

So funny I was even gonna post when Orchid was revealed that her goggles reminded me of the Jurassic Park goggles

I went here: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...100?siteID=te1Fq2FCseg-eMH73YlYj0A_US9c3pGK3Q

And copied the url of one of the images that existed on both that and the page DopeyFish just posted, and changed that the url of that image to match the ones on the non-mobile site, and found a larger version: http://dri1.img.digitalrivercontent...ox_One_Killer_Instinct_FKF-00816_RM3_mnco.jpg

o2WLD0I.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX9rwbF3HkQ

derFeef

So leaked art, Spinal and Fulgore basically confirmed as the 7th and 8th character... fantastic.

Also #teamgoggles

edit: avy.

orchid3njcj.png

hwalker84

Damnit so what truly do you get with this $60 version that the $40 doesn't give you? I still need to know WTF is Shadow Jago and can he be purchased separately without the $60 live cost.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Damnit so what truly do you get with this $60 version that the $40 doesn't give you? I still need to know WTF is Shadow Jago and can he be purchased separately without the $60 live cost.

The $60 version gives you 2 Pins, designed by Penny Arcade, plus a folder / case to hold them in.

Additional Pins will be available through future promotions. Says so in the description. So maybe through Character Beta Testing, future special editions, etc.

Shadow Jago is "A Microsoft Promotion". The description of the Gold Commemorative card mentions that he'll be exclusively available in this way until February.

They're not going to outright say "After that, he'll be a $5 download!" because he's a promotional item. They WANT you to buy the limited edition stuff to get him, before then.

He May or May not be available separately after that point.​

You get to see everything before release day, so you'll be able to make a decision on what you want and how by the time when it actually matters. There will be a trailer that shows off everything the Ultra pack includes before launch, and they mention they'll show S.Jago too,

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
So Spinal is basically confirmed then, be interesting to see what they did with him. That other symbol could just as easily be Cinder but I just cant see them launching this game without Fulgore.

And looks like Im gonna have to wait a while for TJ Combo. :[

Played this yesterday in Toronto.

Fuck this was so much fun. me and my buddy didn't want to leave the kiosk.

The combos felt so satisfying. The feels when you hit the ender is awesome.

In terms of graphics I really wish this was 1080 but it still looked better than any current gen fighter. The particle effects were very impressive as were the character models. Lots of detail on models. Thunders stage was the showstopper for sure.

derFeef

So happy Spinal is in there, I only played him when I get to play Ki at a friends house. So badass. Hope he is scary as shit in this.

DopeyFish

Played this yesterday in Toronto.

Fuck this was so much fun. me and my buddy didn't want to leave the kiosk.

The combos felt so satisfying. The feels when you hit the ender is awesome.

In terms of graphics I really wish this was 1080 but it still looked better than any current gen fighter. The particle effects were very impressive as were the character models. Lots of detail on models. Thunders stage was the showstopper for sure.

whhhhaaaaa where was it in Toronto yesterday ??

DopeyFish

If its cinder, he will be first

if its fulgore, spinal will be first

spinal and fulgore are ultratech fighters and are needed for the story mode so it makes sense that the story mode launches when they launch

also... They save their best character for last as it will be closest to launch

Top Bottom