• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

Miles X

Some Q&A for those that missed the stream.

Q: How much does the game have to sell for Season 2 to happen
A: People need to buy KI and Xbox One's, tell your friends!

Q: How much gamerscore will the game have at launch?
A: 1000 gamerscore, character specific cheevos, more cheevos with new characters

Q: Will Classic KI in the $40 version have it's own achievements?
A: Yes, some will be more advance than you're expecting!

Q: Will shadow Jago be available in anything other than the 12 month gold?
A: Not sure right now.

Q: Are the accessories in the $40 pack different to the in game ones?
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be an offline/online ranking leaderboards for speed runs?
A: Storing that info but no idea, perhaps later on.

Q: Will we see any rooftop stages?
A: *laughs* what secrets will there be come launch if we told you everything?

Q: Any new functionality for the Classic KI port?
A: Nothing yet to announce

Some Q&A for those that missed the stream.

Q: How much does the game have to sell for Season 2 to happen
A: People need to buy KI and Xbox One's, tell your friends!

Q: How much gamerscore will the game have at launch?
A: 1000 gamerscore, character specific cheevos, more cheevos with new characters

Q: Will Classic KI in the $40 version have it's own achievements?
A: Yes, some will be more advance than you're expecting!

Q: Will shadow Jago be available in anything other than the 12 month gold?
A: Not sure right now.

Q: Are the accessories in the $40 pack different to the in game ones?
A: Yes.

Q: Will there be an offline/online ranking leaderboards for speed runs?
A: Storing that info but no idea, perhaps later on.

Q: Will we see any rooftop stages?
A: *laughs* what secrets will there be come launch if we told you everything?

Q: Any new functionality for the Classic KI port?
A: Nothing yet to announce

Doesn't sound too reassuring...

I mean Perfect Dark and Kameo were the biggest launch titles and they didn't get sequels. what makes you think KI will when its even more niche?

Miles X

I mean Perfect Dark and Kameo were the biggest launch titles and they didn't get sequels. what makes you think KI will when its even more niche?

Don't think you can really base anything on that, Rare did lots of different IP at the start before moving onto Kinect.

jim2011

Those were games with gigantic budgets that spanned multiple years and even generations of development. Killer Instinct has been in development for less than a year by a small studio. It probably cost at max 1/10th of those games you mentioned.

.la1n

I would imagine the budge for this game is lower than Perfect Dark or Kameo given the size of the team, scale of the game. Hopefully that means it won't need to sale gangbusters to at least ensure we get season 2. It's also digital only at the moment so that will also help to cut down on budget normally reserved for producing retail copies. If nothing else the future seems brighter now that Microsoft's non consumer friendly policies have been reversed.

Logash

Those were games with gigantic budgets that spanned multiple years and even generations of development. Killer Instinct has been in development for less than a year by a small studio. It probably cost at max 1/10th of those games you mentioned.

Thank god too because I don't need any more Rare IP disappointments in my life.

Did you guys see this post from the Madstick thread:

tA0tbdp.jpg

4NfwE1Y.jpg

CDMnT69.jpg

BE7OTAc.jpg

HR0Lna9.jpg

pdaLtKw.jpg

jim2011

.la1n

holy fuck.

do these ever go on sale? how much do they go for used?

AFAIK the TE2 sticks hover around that price but I have seen other models cheaper / bundled with the game. It's a high quality stick though and well worth the money if your not looking to custom build your own.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
do these ever go on sale? how much do they go for used?

MadCatz sometimes offers discounts on various sticks newly purchased from their website during tourneys with special discount codes.

As far as used prices... I tried looking for a used / close by PS3 version when I went to TFC, as I only had a Xbox 360 stick. Some locals would sell theirs for 70 or 80, but quality was suspect. Stores had sold out, and they offered them for about the same price they originally were. One at a local pawn shop was going for straight price NIB. It's a product that retains it's value very well.

Definitely a sturdy, quality piece of work though. I was surprised how precise and solid my TE felt, after getting used to a Hori EX2 for a month or 2 beforehand. And it's lasted the test of time. This one here looks even better built, and after replacing the Stick in mine (it got messed up by being pressed while in a backpack), I can appreciate the steps towards making things more easily accessible and replaceable!

Gee, that's like how much I'm spending in games on PS4 and X1 next month, lol.

It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized I would need to get a stick to play KI.

Needless to say there was a loud mental "FUCK!" when I also realized the cost it would add to an already expensive November, lol!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Fuck it, I'm going to preorder

I'm a great pad player- so good that I can play 360 pad and not miss a beat... But I should really get into sticks

Top Bottom