• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER INSTINCT - Sadira trailer - ORCHID TEASE

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That one on second page in top left in 80% sure says logo

(you get a Jago and logo pin with the pin ultimate edition)

DopeyFish

I don't get this pin bussines. Are those physical pins? Where do I get them from?

yes

but they are likely going to be crazy difficult to get

like... You can probably buy a few online, get one at tournaments (major ones)

probably have one in a magazine

probably have one shipped to you when you defeat a specific person online

you know... Random places. Only the hardest of the hardcore will likely be able to get them (if other pinny arcade pins are any indication)

With all the fancy visual tricks they pulled for Glacius, I'd love for the eighth to be Cinder; I wanna see how they handle a character on fire.

I'd like to see how they make a character on fire a year into the console's launch, once they're more familiar with the tech. If they're pulling off some neat things now, imagine what they could do with more time?

Can't wait!

DopeyFish

I'd like to see how they make a character on fire a year into the console's launch, once they're more familiar with the tech. If they're pulling off some neat things now, imagine what they could do with more time?

Can't wait!

gpgpu accelerated fire and smoke
*drool*

derFeef

I'd love them try to get to 1080p instead of fancy particles. I love fancy particles ... but this game is filled with details and I am so bummed it does not get the resolution love it deserves.

I'd love them try to get to 1080p instead of fancy particles. I love fancy particles ... but this game is filled with details and I am so bummed it does not get the resolution love it deserves.

I don't know about that. The particles really end up becoming the signature effect for the game. Really spectacular at times.

I'm going to say Cinder and Spinal are the next two while Fulgore will be the main draw for Round/Season 2. While I know people will be super pissed if this is the case, and even though is Cinder is my BOY, he won't be a big enough draw later down the line. In fact, I can't think of anyone that would be a bigger or equal draw to Fulgore other than Orchid and, well, we already have her. Cinder, Spinal, Riptor, TJ Combo, Maya, Tusk, Kim Wu? They don't hold a candle to Fulgore.

Dai101

Banned
The cutscenes look good but the in-game look is garbage

pGAvf7U.gif

DrDogg

I'm going to say Cinder and Spinal are the next two while Fulgore will be the main draw for Round/Season 2. While I know people will be super pissed if this is the case, and even though is Cinder is my BOY, he won't be a big enough draw later down the line. In fact, I can't think of anyone that would be a bigger or equal draw to Fulgore other than Orchid and, well, we already have her. Cinder, Spinal, Riptor, TJ Combo, Maya, Tusk, Kim Wu? They don't hold a candle to Fulgore.

I think Combo would be a decent draw for season two. Maybe not the same level as Fulgore or Orchid, but people will definitely be looking for him when they buy the game during season one.

I could see Fulgore being the one out. He'd definitely sell in Season 2. Not only that, but people would buy Riptor for being a dinosaur. Then we have TJ Combo, being the first and only African American character, plus being a boxer.

Kim Wu, Maya would be female drives. Sense apparently nobody liked the new characters. My Kim Wu!! I must see her.

Tusk, the Barbarian. With his big ass sword.

That'd be 6 characters. Who would be the 2 other characters? I suspect a new male character, with either Gargos/Eyedol/'New Boss' playable. Or the guest character. Rash!

royalan

I agree.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if they're holding off on Fulgore because they plan on using him to anchor the story mode. Outside of Orchid and Jago, Fulgore has the biggest ties to Killer Instinct's story. He'll likely be the "Season Finale" character we saw on that pin board. Maybe even the Big Bad character for this season, who we'll eventually fight but not get to play as until season 2.

.la1n

The issue is going to be if all this backfires, the game sales horribly and we never see Fulgore when he should have just been in season one from the get go. This would also rub the salt in the wound that they chose to include an all new character in season one (which would have been an open slot for a returning favorite otherwise.) I like Sadira but I still stand by by opinion that with the limited scope of the game and no guarantee of future installments that it was a little shitty to include a new character over a returning favorite in your initial launch.

The issue is going to be if all this backfires, the game sales horribly and we never see Fulgore when he should have just been in season one from the get go. This would also rub the salt in the wound that they chose to include an all new character in season one (which would have been an open slot for a returning favorite otherwise.) I like Sadira but I still stand by by opinion that with the limited scope of the game and no guarantee of future installments that it was a little shitty to include a new character over a returning favorite in your initial launch.

The success of this game lies In the success of the xb1 as a whole.

Damn. When you put it like that....
efOwE.gif

The Xbox One will sell a lot, nowhere near as much as the PS4 but still a lot. I'm pretty sure most people will download the free demo and maybe buy one character.

I wouldn't be surpried if this is the most bought next gen exclusive from both consoles

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

I think the early-in-system-life release, the low barriers or entry, the fact they actually show they're NOT just riding on nostalgia, and the fact they're actually making a decent fighting game, more than just a KI-cash-grab, has given them enough room to leverage 1 significant character to a near-guaranteed season 2, really.

This isn't a $60 game with no demo or way to try it out. It doesn't need to have ridiculously heavy "Sell 2.5-mil, or it's a failure!" expectations. Doing "pretty good" with S1 is probably enough to get an OK to continue. These expectations will get heavier as seasons come out, but by then, you'll have a game that's priced similar to Blazblue's first outing, with a character count to match.

If they can get the beta testing, character info releases, and even DLC fluff like future accessories to actually be exciting and constantly-covered, this game should have a strong future. No other fighter has the reactivity of KI's combat, and that might actually make it uniquely appealing enough to be taken seriously by a larger fanbase.

Is it just me I or is this game taking too long to get into my hands?

Aren't you glad we get to play at a "$20 roster" release point? Imagine if they told us they were going to wait for 16 more characters to be complete, so they could release at that "$60 point"! XD 2 more years! Please be Excite.

DjRoomba

Banned

So they shoulda just copied everything from Killer Instinct Arcade without adding a single new thing? A new character was neccessary, and blowing all the favorites on your first season would be a terrible business move.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
damn, that's nearly $300 US

There's no way that I can justify it, there's like a 10% off code that seems to be floating round the net, but with £430 on the console + £30 for KI + £40 for XBLA, there's no way I can afford the stick as well. I was holding out for a £120-150 mark price but meh.

Bayonettasbuddy

Neo Member
any other EU shop for this?

i need somewhere to pre order mine :/

I think that shops to elsewhere in Europe, not just UK. Not sure if costs would be much different. They may have a different site for other EU customers as I know these are the official Mad Catz sellers in the UK.

Also it's sold out -_-

DC R1D3R

Banned
The Xbox One will sell a lot, nowhere near as much as the PS4 but still a lot. I'm pretty sure most people will download the free demo and maybe buy one character.

I wouldn't be surpried if this is the most bought next gen exclusive from both consoles

Agreed. I'm pretty much getting the X1 solely for KI!

hwalker84

From the roster that's left what type of character do you think they'll be? Rush down, Zoning, etc?

• Spinal
  • Fulgore
  • T.J. Combo
  • Cinder
  • Riptor
  • Kim Wu
  • Maya
  • Tusk

DrDogg

From the roster that's left what type of character do you think they'll be? Rush down, Zoning, etc?

• Spinal
  • Fulgore
  • T.J. Combo
  • Cinder
  • Riptor
  • Kim Wu
  • Maya
  • Tusk

Spinal and Combo have to be rush down.
Fulgore will probably be the well-rounded character, like Jago.
I could see Cinder being an aerial character like Sadira.
Maya would probably need to be rush down.
Kim Wu would be aerial I think. She could also be well-rounded.
Tusk I could see as a variant on the grappler class.
Riptor... I don't know. I could see him as a zoning character.

DopeyFish

Spinal and Combo have to be rush down.
Fulgore will probably be the well-rounded character, like Jago.
I could see Cinder being an aerial character like Sadira.
Maya would probably need to be rush down.
Kim Wu would be aerial I think. She could also be well-rounded.
Tusk I could see as a variant on the grappler class.
Riptor... I don't know. I could see him as a zoning character.

No!

Combo rushdown
Cinder aerial rushdown

Spinal balanced/turtle
Fulgore rushdown
Tusk zoner
Riptor grappler
Kim wu rushdown

And maya deleted forever

Top Bottom