• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 Announced - Rash from Battletoads available today!

The Flash

Banned
That will come eventually. More like official stuff similar to the promotional work I did before.

Aww yeah. ETA?

Oh so it's like a month long test for the character and they're going to adjust it. Hope they adjust his look a bit, seems really out of place in KI (visually). Something just seems off (maybe the lighting/colors/or texture quality I don't know, I can't place it).

Luckily his design isn't final

KingBroly

Banned
Man.. I wanted Killer Instinct on PC so badly but putting it right next to SF5? Was hoping it wound be holiday 2015 at least.

I don't think SF5 is coming in March. At this point, May seems more likely.

I hope this 360 BC leads to Iron Galaxy patching in 360 Arcade Stick support into KI. It's pretty important.

robotrock

Banned
I don't think SF5 is coming in March. At this point, May seems more likely.

I hope this 360 BC leads to Iron Galaxy patching in 360 Arcade Stick support into KI. It's pretty important.

Have you not been playing the SF5 beta? The game is practically finished!

TechOne

BATTLETOADS? IN KILLER INSTINCT!?

KucFAMq.gif

Sign me up.

Now give us a new Battletoads game, MS. :)

farisr

I don't think SF5 is coming in March. At this point, May seems more likely..

Capcom has officially stated that they expect Street Fighter V to sell 2 million units by the end of this fiscal year, which ends March 31, 2016. It's coming out march or earlier.

Shredderi

They may not be making stages for the guest characters, which is what i'll prefer if it guarantees us 8 actual season characters

I want my battletoad music from Mick! I think they're going to give season 3 the same treatment as they did for season 2 and this Toad guy is an extra character.

Zubz

Banned
My Riptor is in a Cheerleader outfit. Your argument is invalid.

pxOkgSS.jpg

I didn't even know this was an alt! Man, now I'm excited for a game that won't even be out in 8 months.

Well, for me, at least. It's like MKX in its Non-Komplete state; the game's out, but I can't/don't want to touch it for another year or so. And then SFV is still awhile off and US console releases for Pokken and Revelator haven't even been announced, too... Gah. There's so many fighting games I want coming up here! I guess I'll just have to stick with Smash in the meantime...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They nailed how he looks, moves and sounds in KI - I'm very, very impressed.

Good stuff, no XB1 yet but I like to watch KI when it's on, Rash is making me want the game even more for some reason.

pizzacat

Banned
I have season 2 for some reason. I own this? No need for season 3 now.

except if dave Lang is secret guest character for season 3

Sydle

Season 2 started right after season 1, around August, and they did 1 a month until early this spring?

Season 1 ended in April. Season 2 started in September (early release)/October with TJ and Maya.

Yes, they did 1 character per month through May. November was Kan-Ra, December Riptor, January Omen, February Aganos, March Hisako, April Cinder, May ARIA, June Story Mode.

There was a lot of community feedback during Season 2 about wanting more polished releases, so maybe IG is using the extra time between seasons to refine their designs now and still try to maintain a monthly release cadence. They still need to finish Shadow Jago and Shadows as well. It would be cool if they addressed some of the other community requests like 1080p and improved animations for some characters. I think that level of polish is going to be needed going forward since they're going right up against SFV.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
So if I buy riptor right now, do I get acess to Rash?

"How can I get access to Rash?
Rash is available to all Killer Instinct and Rare Replay owners. If you’ve purchased any piece of Killer Instinct content, including Season bundles, characters, accessories, colours, or even KI Gold you have instant access to Rash. Rare Replay players – just launch the “Battletoads” game in Rare Replay to unlock the first achievement “Do You Have Battletoads?” Rash should now be available in the character select screen of Killer Instinct."

"You can play Rash starting TODAY, August 4, 2015, and you can continue to do so until the test period ends on September 8, 2015 at 12am PDT. That’s over a month of Battletoad-time!"

Jawmuncher

Rash is available to all Killer Instinct and Rare Replay owners. If you’ve purchased any piece of Killer Instinct content, including Season bundles, characters, accessories, colours, or even KI Gold you have instant access to Rash. Rare Replay players – just launch the “Battletoads” game in Rare Replay to unlock the first achievement “Do You Have Battletoads?” Rash should now be available in the character select screen of Killer Instinct."

"You can play Rash starting TODAY, August 4, 2015, and you can continue to do so until the test period ends on September 8, 2015 at 12am PDT. That’s over a month of Battletoad-time!"

Yeah I read that but I just wasn't sure. It sounded like I needed to have a purchase before hand.

faridmon

Microsoft is doing everything right this year, a lot of good decisions lately that makes me want to pick up the console. No money though so...

Miles X

Season 1 ended in April. Season 2 started in September (early release)/October with TJ and Maya.

Yes, they did 1 character per month through May. November was Kan-Ra, December Riptor, January Omen, February Aganos, March Hisako, April Cinder, May ARIA, June Story Mode.

There was a lot of community feedback during Season 2 about wanting more polished releases, so maybe IG is using the extra time between seasons to refine their designs now and still try to maintain a monthly release cadence. They still need to finish Shadow Jago and Shadows as well. It would be cool if they addressed some of the other community requests like 1080p and improved animations for some characters. I think that level of polish is going to be needed going forward since they're going right up against SFV.

If they can really polish the game and come out with a couple of new modes or something then I guess it makes sense. I've always wanted the UI to get up to MKX standards.

Doikor

If they can really polish the game and come out with a couple of new modes or something then I guess it makes sense. I've always wanted the UI to get up to MKX standards.

Just fix the lag in the character select screen and it would be good enough for me.

suprises rare replay doesn't just unlock him forever, limited time thing like tj sucks

Skab

Oh man that's going to be freaking sick. I can't wait to hear how he adds in the pause music from the NES title.

Here's a 10 hour version of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCXMDPU61QM

My guess is a version of this as the main part of the theme, then the pause music as the slow/idle music.

HOWEVER, Rash getting his own theme would mean he gets his own stage of some sort, which I'm not sure would happen. I could see them maybe doing a night time version of an existing stage again though. Maybe Maya's jungle?

Oh god this means Mick is doing the theme. Oh man if he can use the OG Battletoads theme like he used Trailblazer then my body is not ready.

Hmmm... KI or SFV, odd thing is I'm terribad at fighting games but play for the story mode.

Still a Battletoad? I'm loving the Battletoads love this year. Shovel Knight and Rare collection. Good on you guys.

drotahorror

How good are X1 controllers for 2D fighters?

The dpad is fine for left/right up/down movements. But for me, atleast on my xb1 controller, diagonals are stiff as F so quarter circles are hard. Luckily KI works great with the xb1 analog stick, something I never thought I'd say.

Wired PS4 needs to work on W10 already
Actually wait maybe I should invest in an X1 controller and just leave my PS4 controller at my PS4

How good are X1 controllers for 2D fighters?

For KI i think its perfect, but im more used to play with Sticks

What are the chances that Master Chief gets added? The "space marine" character type is unrepresented and he'd bring some notoriety to the game.

Top Bottom