• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct Season 3 Announced - Rash from Battletoads available today!

sangreal

do we lose access to Rash after the one month 'preview' ? That is the impression I got from the warning message when you select him

Zubz

Banned
More like Pimple, Zitz and the GOAT:

Q9gGFpv.png

Huh. I mean, I think it'd be best if Rash was the only guest character from Battletoads, but I think the Dark Queen would be the best fit for a second character (Aesthetically, she'd visually/aesthetically fit the most, but clearly, the Toads take priority).

- Maybe add Zitz and Pimple as alternate costumes

I could toadally see that working. I mean, I thought the ram horns were always more of Pimple's thing, anyway.

There is going to be a trailer today for Rash. I think I read Spinal will also be featured in it.

Yeah, Max made sure to note that Spinal was featured in it. Like, he was very clear about that. I have no idea why, though, unless... Wait, wasn't he Kim Wu's rival in KI2? And, like, both of their endings were cut off if you didn't kill the other in Arcade Mode, because the Kim Wu/Spinal would kill Spinal/Kim Wu?

I think I've figured out who the tease is, guys. Granted, it could just be because he's on the cabinet so both Spinal and Rash are seen as mascot characters for Rare. But that seems like a stretch.

The Flash

Banned
do we lose access to Rash after the one month 'preview' ? That is the impression I got from the warning message when you select him

Yes. He's essentially a beta character so play as him as much as you can because we won't see him again until Season 3 launches.

Jpope

Neo Member
They showed off a golden pole at the end of the Battletoad crossover. That must be a snippet of a sneak peak for their next character reveal for season 3.

Justinh

I know everyone's talking about Rash and all, and I thought he was a little fun. Gonna have to really learn more about how to use him I think before he really gets fun for me...

The thing I remembered most from when Ms. Loftus spoke about the Windows release is that all our existing controllers and fight sticks would "just work"

I'm assuming/hoping this means that they fixed the problem with the RT and LT buttons not working on PC when using an Xbox One stick.

Bulbasaur

Banned
Trailer hit me right in the nostalgia.

It's funny that this is the one time I've thought " Should I buy an Xbone?"

Nah.

vg260

I know everyone's talking about Rash and all, and I thought he was a little fun. Gonna have to really learn more about how to use him I think before he really gets fun for me...

The thing I remembered most from when Ms. Loftus spoke about the Windows release is that all our existing controllers and fight sticks would "just work"

I'm assuming/hoping this means that they fixed the problem with the RT and LT buttons not working on PC when using an Xbox One stick.

This is from the arcade stick thread just recently:
Finger pointing? What do you want us (Mad Catz) to do?

The sub type and way the VID/PID works is totally up to Microsoft. It's not on us to get it working with PC. I've talked to Microsoft about this since the first PC controller driver was released. I've talked to them at events about it. They are aware -- it honestly just isn't a big priority for them.

However, Adam Heart (Keits from Iron Galaxy) tweeted that MS mentioned they expect to get it working fully before KI PC is released.

Keep your fingers crossed for sooner.

I honestly dont understand why tho. Why battletoads? Like 2 years with all this battletoads stuff from them and still no new game announcement from the franchise. Banjo has more games than battletoads.

No, he doesn't. They actually have the same amount of games. Battletoads actually got a cartoon episode, so I think it beats Banjo-Kazooie. :p

- Battletoads (NES)
- Battletoads (GB)
- Battletoads in Battlemaniacs (SNES)
- Battletoads & Double Dragon (SNES)
- Super Battletoads (Arcade)
-
There's also the LCD game of Battletoads if you want to count that.

- Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
- Banjo-Tooie (N64)
- Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (GBA)
- Banjo-Pilot (GBA)
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (360)

Coda

I honestly dont understand why tho. Why battletoads? Like 2 years with all this battletoads stuff from them and still no new game announcement from the franchise. Banjo has more games than battletoads.

It's just a nostalgia thing. Everyone who has played an NES remembers Battletoads.

Justinh

This is from the arcade stick thread just recently:

I had a feeling it was a Microsoft thing, since I've seen people complain about Mad Catz Xbox one sticks having issues and my Hori Xbox One stick didn't have working trigger buttons on Win 7 and now Win 10. Hopefully that statement that I quoted from Ms. Loftus' speaking on stage points to Microsoft actually doing something about it.

Thanks. I should probably lurk moar in the stick thread, but I'm afraid seeing pictures might make me want to buy even more sticks, which I shouldn't do (I already have too many for someone who barely plays since I suck at fighting games).

Top Bottom