• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor launching on PC and PS4 on November 18

FelipeMGM

Killing Floor 2, my bad on the title, would be cool if a mod could change it

Tripwire Interactive said:
Tripwire Interactive today announced that its highly successful co-op sci-fi horror FPS game, KILLING FLOOR 2, will be officially launching globally on November 18, 2016 for the PC platform and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system.

The digital PC base version of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be available to purchase for $29.99 (US), ₤19.99 (UK) and €26.99 (EU) via Steam® and other digital outlets as well as the PC Digital Deluxe version for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU). In collaboration with Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive, the deluxe content of KILLING FLOOR 2 will be included in the PC and PlayStation®4 retail and digital versions for $39.99 (US) /£29.99 (UK) /€39.99 (EU).

28281561234_19eefb0e01_z.jpg

KEY FEATURES:
· Visceral Gore - Killing Floor 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
· 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
· 12 Player PvP Versus Survival Game Mode - Be the Zed! A 12 player PvP mode where two teams take turns playing Humans vs. Zeds in a pair of short matches. In the first match, one team plays Humans and the other Zeds until the humans all die during a single round or they beat the boss. For the second match the teams switch sides and when the battle is completed both teams receive a score based on their performance and the higher score wins!
· Terrifying Zeds - New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
· Unique Blend Of Weaponry - From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, Killing Floor 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
· Expanded Perk System - Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
· Brutal Melee Combat - Killing Floor 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds

KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed by Tripwire Interactive and will be published for retail by Iceberg Interactive for the PC platform and Deep Silver for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. The game will be available globally on November 18, 2016 for the PC platform and for the PlayStation®4 platform.

Thin White Duke

Neo Member
Exciting news! The first one was a ton of fun and I liked what I've seen from the Early Access footage. I didn't buy it due to it being Early Access, but looks like I finally will in November!

It's a fun game, especially with friends. Only problem is the shooter space is more crowed now that ever. A late release this year means Titalfall 2, new COD and BF1 will be out as well.

Hope it does well tho.

Zukkoyaki

It's a fun game, especially with friends. Only problem is the shooter space is more crowed now that ever. A late release this year means Titalfall 2, new COD and BF1 will be out as well.

Hope it does well tho.
Yeah, they should have sat on it until like January. Give it the "Dying Light Spot"

If you haven't played in a while there is a BETA update out now for Steam that adds SWAT (new class) and a metric TON of perk changes. It is by far the best update they've had for this game ever.

Sounds are wayyyyyyy better, zed sounds are waaaaaaay better (Scrake and Fleshpound specifically). The game is finally starting to come together. There is way too many things to list.

Here is the patch notes for the update

Raptor

Visceral Gore - Killing Floor 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb

giphy.gif

Lordy it's about time. Shouldn't have spent all that time adding microtransactions to your early access game and just worked on the game. Doing early access right my ass.

Mupod

Haven't touched it since the first few days of early access. I liked what I saw I just wanted to hold off for more content. Have they made any dramatic changes other than adding missing perks/weapons?

Zero interest in 'PVP' in Killing Floor and I'd be surprised if anyone cared about that mode.

I wonder how Tripwire will handle the cosmetics on the PS4 version if they don't have Steam Inventories

maybe crate keys will be paid DLC

El Odio

Banned
Wait this was still early access? I bought this like a year or so ago and have only recently started playing it and nothing about it in particular screamed unfinished at me.

Bout time you guys get it!

60 hours put in over the last year and few months, game never really gets old for me, glad other players finally get to try it out.

Hope you guys get VR support eventually, I don't even think the PC version has official support but with some modding you can get it working and it's one of the best looking games in VR that I've seen so far.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
How does it compare to the first game so far? I enjoyed the first one a good deal.

Hypron

He was added in July, and boy dat Rail Gun is good at clearing lines

Oh shit I need to play the game then. It was by far my favorite class in the first one (like, I had enough headshots that I could have gotten to lvl 6 twice if it was possible whereas none of my other classes went above lvl4). I love sniping and headshotting zeds.

Great game, but when I tried playing it with a controller on the PC I failed hard. Wonder if they're going to adjust the difficulty for the console?

Unknown?

With so many shooters this holiday I think I'll have to get this and TitanFall 2. This game just looks pure fun and Battlefield/Destiny/COD just seem.... Alright.

Fingers crossed they'll crank up the difficulty again for Hell on Earth come full release once all the classes are implemented. They kept toning it down (instead of making it harder "if it could be beaten" like they originally claimed) to the point it's become rather piss easy with any competent team compared to the original builds. At least a good chunk of the Zed-related changes from the most recent patch are fundamentally sound, but their numbers (damage, health, et cetera) need more tweaking.

Great game, but when I tried playing it with a controller on the PC I failed hard. Wonder if they're going to adjust the difficulty for the console?

Not sure how long ago you played it, but I've been playing this with the Xbox one controller for around 4 or 5 months now and it's fantastic. You should give it another shot.

This game really is fantastic.

Not sure how long ago you played it, but I've been playing this with the Xbox one controller for around 4 or 5 months now and it's fantastic. You should give it another shot.

This game really is fantastic.

I play it with kb+m anyway. For a while my PC was hooked up to the TV when we moved and my desk wasn't set up so had to resort to using a controller for everything. This was around christmas, I wonder if they have made adjustments to the pad controls since then.

I am also pretty bad at fps games with a controller, but struggled more with this game than most. Maybe stood out more because I knew how I could play it with a mouse.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Happy, despite some people stirring over specific decisions, I find the game very fun and the recent patch about to go live (and available if you opt into the beta patch) fixed a lot of small issues people had, so it makes sense they're announcing it now as the game is really starting to feel like it comes together. I do wish they had added more new enemies though, its basically the KF1 cast with two variant enemies and a new boss, hope they have a surprise in store.

Haven't touched it since the first few days of early access. I liked what I saw I just wanted to hold off for more content. Have they made any dramatic changes other than adding missing perks/weapons?

Zero interest in 'PVP' in Killing Floor and I'd be surprised if anyone cared about that mode.

They have done a lot of tinkering with mechanics, enemies, sounds, gore, and the maps. Each map now has a a collectible sub-objective and achievements. Speaking of maps, when EA stsrted the gsme had three maps, and now we're up to 11-13 maps now (I forget how many now, and the newest update added another new map I know). A second boss was added, 50/50 chance to get one boss or the other. New characters/voices. Cosmetic item and drops were added. The PVP mode has been in the game for a few months, its fun, a key thing is the player controlled ZEDs are like super versions of the regular zed and have a lot of new pretty cool abilities (bloats can plant vomit mines amd do a double gas jump, Sirens can drag a single player closer to them with a new call, etc., and look slightly different to stand out in mobs for human players to be defined as bigger threats). It's basically been content adding, fixes, they've reworked elements like the sound, weapon-play, enemies, and the like multiple times and balancing, and usually release a new perk and 1 or 2 new maps with each major update (and new Weapons, and on occassion a surprise, like the secondary boss and PVP).

And know now every perk but one is in the game, all the perks from the original game plus Gunslinger, and SWAT was literally just added yesterday. The last perk will be the martial arts dragon one, looks like they'll release that perk and a new map or two, then maybe some bug fixes and one last big uodate, then it'll be gold on this day.

DooMAGE

beware that this Visceral Gore only works on NVIDIA cards, on AMD cards it's not the same effect since they are using FLEX (GameWorks thing)

they should be more clear...

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I wonder how they'll tackle PS4 updates? As anyone who has played a Tripwire game before will know, the game isn't done when its out. They have supported every title they've ever released years after they released with new maps, events, new weapons, fixes, etc. Did at least four big updates for KF1 every year for over 5 years after release. Wondering how the PS4 version will be effected for this? Some of the first KF2 updates will obviously be the holiday themed updates, with Holiday ZEDs, maps, and new weapons.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing today and shall be playing over the weekend. New update is great and they've done some great tinkering. Thankfully that resistance shite is gone, they've added in Zeds now actively blocking their heads with their arms etc. SWAT perk newly added is great fun and the last perk is on its way, though it's apparently not the martial artist but something new we don't know about.

Got nearly 65 hours on the clock and I won't be stopping anytime soon :)

Raptor dude, this is the ultimate gorey game for you. Prepare to shit yourself in glory.

Top Bottom