• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
NameIess said:
^^ I'm sure footage will leak, but considering the cost of BD burners not sure if they have to worry much about wide spread piracy...

Also, anyone with the final review build please confirm if the game supports Linear PCM 5.1 or 7.1 sound.

It's using some new "punch you in the face while kicking you in the nuts at the same time" technology

dalyr95

Picture011a.jpg

The box art in the bottom corner, I thought the Helgast had shark teeth....

NameIess

Hypertrooper said:
The Game dont support a 1080p? Only Upscaling or? And when will the Embargo end?

Good question...
Just to be clear I would like to know if the game will automatically select 1080P or do you have to uncheck the 720P to get this result? Also, the Linear PCM sound support would be good to know.

*I already know the native res will not be 1920 X 1080 if we are lucky the true resolution may be slightly higher than 1280 X 720 and upscales to 1080P.*

SamBishop

Banned
kaleii said:
Surely that's part of the embargo? :lol

I don't think anyone's ever taken offense to disclosing when we can start disclosing stuff. February 2nd, but the time hasn't been locked down yet.

Also, it looks like I'll have some online competition over the Holiday break. Sweet!

As another aside, understand that the discs given out (at least the press ones) still have to be mastered by Sony, meaning just copying them won't let you play it on any system. The copies provided by Sony are playable on retail systems, but that's because they were sent out from the mastering lab. Getting an image and burning it won't get you anywhere, so don't waste the cash on a blank BD.

NameIess said:
Good question...
Just to be clear I would like to know if the game will automatically select 1080P or do you have to uncheck the 720P to get this result? Also, the Linear PCM sound support would be good to know.

*I already know the native res will not be 1920 X 1080 if we are lucky the true resolution may be slightly higher than 1280 X 720 and upscales to 1080P.*

Though I have no idea about the retail build of the game, the beta defaulted to 720p and my t.v upscaled the rest. I could force 1080i though, but had to do it via the XMB settings.

For sound - I would think that we will get LPCM at 7.1 as this game is a Sony effort. I don't have a receiver good enough for LPCM at 7.1 (I only have optical), so I can`t say if the beta used anything like that (unlikely given the size of the install package).

Yeah I'm curious about the sound as well. Still trying to find some confirmation on this.

But looking at Sony's track record with GT5:p, Uncharted, and Warhawk...I'm confident it will sound great no matter what.

NameIess

anonymousAversa said:
Yeah I'm curious about the sound as well. Still trying to find some confirmation on this.

But looking at Sony's track record with GT5:p, Uncharted, and Warhawk...I'm confident it will sound great no matter what.

Agreed...

Warhawk & Uncharted have the best sound of any videogame released...
*Both titles support LPCM and sound fucking amazing on a decent setup.*

The only reason I question if the game will support LPCM is because for some reason Resistance does not...

RavenFox

Banned
anonymousAversa said:

There's vid on gametrailers speaking of this with the devs. The link is somewhere in this thread. Or if someone is so kind to give the link?

Enojado

I don't know what the sound specs will be, but I was pretty damn impressed with the sound that was pumping out of my 5.1 setup while playing the KZ2 beta. Gives me plenty of reason to believe the sound from the retail product will be spectacular.

Cruzader

Banned
NameIess said:
^^ I'm sure footage will leak, but considering the cost of BD burners not sure if they have to worry much about wide spread piracy...

Also, anyone with the final review build please confirm if the game supports Linear PCM 5.1 or 7.1 sound.

Even if the Disk was pirated, it woudnt be playable on your PS3 since its hack proof atm.

I might buy a PS3 in the new year for this game, but I don't think that would be financially responsible given the current economic climate :(

BeeDog

Looks fucking awesome, but that will only be for the US right? Too bad then, dislike the current European(?) one since it looks like shark teeth from a distance :lol

WinFonda

EktorPR said:
Both boxarts (PAL and NTSC) look awesome, but I prefer the PAL one.
Yes, I think I'd give the edge to the NTSC one having more shelf presence though... But they both standout quite well.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
-viper- said:
Looks too bland (in terms of the colours).

really?

well i guess you'll have trouble with the in-game visuals. I actually like the PAL version more.

cuz the game is Not JUST about the Helghast...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Schrade

Fuck that North America boxart is awesome. I love how it's so detailed! Totally and eye catcher. I've always like the euro one too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom