• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
cjtiger300 said:
What is your TV's native display? Mine is 720p, so I just have 1080i turned off, sense a lot of games early on looked better in 720p (ie, Uncharted).

Mine is 1080p. And no, I haven't got that other review code yet.

Oh, and about you being jealous... KZ2 trophies now sync with the server so they do show up on my online profile now. :p

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Iain Howe said:
The Platform War has always been with us - but not since the great ST Vs. Amiga war have I seen this level of bile and partisanship. I thought that the PS2 Vs. XBox war was bad...

People have invested so much in the brand of entertainment console that they've chosen.

At first I thought the heightened passion would be good for the industry, but it's getting beyond a joke.
I think it's partly because the systems do so much more now. They're not just static boxes you put a game in. Even playing the same multiplatform game, the experience is so different depending on what system you play it on. Like if your friend played CoD4 on 360 and you played it on PS3, you know he got to have achievement points, cross game voice chat, cross game invites, more people were using mics, custom soundtracks, etc. Stuff like that causes resentment. Especially in this shitty economy where most people can only afford one system.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Iain Howe said:
The Platform War has always been with us - but not since the great ST Vs. Amiga war have I seen this level of bile and partisanship. I thought that the PS2 Vs. XBox war was bad...

People have invested so much in the brand of entertainment console that they've chosen.

At first I thought the heightened passion would be good for the industry, but it's getting beyond a joke.

I hope you were an Amiga supporter back in the days. I'll put you on Ignore list otherwise.

TTP said:
Mine is 1080p. And no, I haven't got that other review code yet.

Oh, and about you being jealous... KZ2 trophies now sync with the server so they do show up on my online profile now. :p

Awesome! So do you think your save file will work on the retail copy? Very interesting that the trophies are syncing up. Is that standard with review code?

Oh yeah, The Hype Has Engulfed Me!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
cjtiger300 said:
Awesome! So do you think your save file will work on the retail copy? Very interesting that the trophies are syncing up. Is that standard with review code?

It's standard yeah, but they weren't syncing till a couple of days ago (since the full list was revealed on the internets actually).

I doubt save file will work with final code, but I can't stop finding excuses to play it. Last one was for checking the 1080i thing. I completed the first level even tho I didn't need to in order to post a reply. It's just that fun.

Yeah, Private. That was fixed.

sykoex said:
I think it's partly because the systems do so much more now. They're not just static boxes you put a game in. Even playing the same multiplatform game, the experience is so different depending on what system you play it on. Like if your friend played CoD4 on 360 and you played it on PS3, you know he got to have achievement points, cross game voice chat, cross game invites, more people were using mics, custom soundtracks, etc. Stuff like that causes resentment. Especially in this shitty economy where most people can only afford one system.

Honestly, games like COD4 don't bother me without voice chat. Most people just aggravate me anyways. If I am playing with friends it is pretty cool, but otherwise I could careless.

Now for games like Socom and Killzone 2, mics are needed much more. These games are very team and squad based, so teamwork is a must.

Also, your not stealth trolling are you? lol:lol

DrPirate

Banned
Iain Howe said:

Interesting.

It's almost getting to the levels of sports-team fanboys.

Until people start literally crying and losing real-life bets on NPD numbers too....

Besides, I would know, I'm a Montreal Canadiens and a AS Roma fan for life, so I just like looking at the parallel between the two types of "fans"

TTP said:
It's standard yeah, but they weren't syncing till a couple of days ago (since the full list was revealed on the internets actually).

I doubt save file will work with final code, but I can't stop finding excuses to play it. Last one was for checking the 1080i thing. I completed the first level even tho I didn't need to in order to post a reply. It's just that fun.

Yeah, Private. That was fixed.

That is how I felt in the MP beta. The game is just so fun and immersive! I can't wait to dive into the SP campaign. Honestly, I like a strong SP story more than MP, so I hope they put a ton of effort into the storytelling aspect.
The fact that I know the MP is so good is just icing on the cake! It will keep me playing this game for a long time!

AFreak said:
Something seems off.

Well, I think I will take TTP's word over theres any day. Maxim isn't exactly the most respectable video game reviewer. I will say this, they will look very bad when the real gaming publications start reviewing the game.

Dizzan

MINI Member
cjtiger300 said:
I will say this, they will look very bad when the real gaming publications start reviewing the game.

Unless they agree :p

They won't look bad or give a shit. The people that read Maxim are generally a different demographic to those that read video game sites.

Nikorasu

cjtiger300 said:
Honestly, games like COD4 don't bother me without voice chat. Most people just aggravate me anyways. If I am playing with friends it is pretty cool, but otherwise I couldn't care less.

Fixed that for ya.

peetfeet

Sorry if its been discussed before but... can any of you guys playing online explain what the Weekly Online Honour Ranks are? Any examples?

CHRP718

Banned
Iain Howe said:

PlayStation® 2 was not in a war with any other console :D

Dante

Dizzan said:
Unless they agree :p

They won't look bad or give a shit. The people that read Maxim are generally a different demographic to those that read video game sites.

OK, since your here, what was the deal with that other thread you created? :lol

Dizzan

MINI Member
Dante said:
OK, since your here, what was the deal with that other thread you created? :lol

I am sitting at my laptop pulling my hair out because I am trying to work on an assignment. I needed something to get my mind off it.

It was originally going to be a parody thread about how the media has never really given the game a chance and it will probably get ripped in the next few weeks. But it came off a litlle fanboyish.

Changed it up and just posted it. Wasn't at all funny but it was worth some of the reactions.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
DrPirate said:
Interesting.

It's almost getting to the levels of sports-team fanboys.

Until people start literally crying and losing real-life bets on NPD numbers too....

Besides, I would know, I'm a Montreal Canadiens and a AS Roma fan for life, so I just like looking at the parallel between the two types of "fans"

That's a pretty fair thing to say. I wonder how long before fanboys start killing each other - outside of Lineage players in Korea?

Irnbru

Dizzan said:
I am sitting at my laptop pulling my hair out because I am trying to work on an assignment. I needed something to get my mind off it.

It was originally going to be a parody thread about how the media has never really given the game a chance and it will probably get ripped in the next few weeks. But it came off a litlle fanboyish.

Changed it up and just posted it. Wasn't at all funny but it was worth some of the reactions.

Hey now, I actually found the pictures pretty humorous!
;P
Funny parody at least, heh

Edit: 5th from what my thing says as well

Dizzan

MINI Member
I think fanboyism has worsened due to the fact that more people have less time. People barely have time for one console let alone two or three.

Also with the economic crisis, less people can afford it.

I know I want Sony and the PS3 to sell well in order to get all the multiplat games and output the best possible graphics because it's the system I own. I don't have the time or money for a 360 aswell (I own a Wii, but er that doesn't count).

I never bag the other system, heck, I'd love to own one for Gears, L4D, Alan Wake etc but it's not going to happen. I haven't even finished R2 yet and my level on LBP has barely been touched for weeks. KZ2 makes me glad I chose PS3 though.

That's my take on why the console war is so strong this gen.

Iain Howe said:
That's a pretty fair thing to say. I wonder how long before fanboys start killing each other - outside of Lineage players in Korea?

PS3 owners are a pretty relaxed crowd, just based on my observations on PSN versus XBL.

Plus, I never hear about PS3 owners slapping their mothers with tacos or killing their parents. :p

Private Hoffman said:
PS3 owners are a pretty relaxed crowd, just based on my observations on PSN versus XBL.

Plus, I never hear about PS3 owners slapping their mothers with tacos or killing their parents. :p
LOL.... Yeah; but at the same time, I don't see a whole lot of 12 year olds on the psn... MOst of my PSN friends are in their upper teens or 20s....... Maybe you guys have had diffrent experiances though( which would explain the lack of psychotic kids attacking parents with tacos)

liquidspeed said:
LOL.... Yeah; but at the same time, I don't see a whole lot of 12 year olds on the psn... MOst of my PSN friends are in their upper teens or 20s....... Maybe you guys have had diffrent experiances though( which would explain the lack of psychotic kids attacking parents with tacos)

I think age is a huge factor in that too. PS3 owners are typically older.

liquidspeed said:

PS3 owners dont throw tacos at their mothers because 360 owners might eat Tacos... PS3 owners eat steak. Thats not me... thats Hideo Kojima :lol

I know he didnt mean that at all, but I suddenly remembered his analogy. I cant wait for him to announce his next game :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
I think age is a huge factor in that too. PS3 owners are typically older.
This thread begs to differ. :p

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
How come your not so militant towards people looking forward to the game in the Re5 thread?
because I'm looking forward to RE5 more and the crowd behaves in a much different manner

I would've thought the emoticon would've told you "this post is light hearted" but I guess not. Next time I'll use a disclaimer.

You guys are totally right, by the way. It's so sad how some people put so much stock in their platform or game of choice receiving sufficient critical or commercial success. Those guys are nuts.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
cjtiger300 said:
According to Maxim, KZ2 is a 3.5/5 and 50 cents new game is a 4/5. I also believe SF4 got 3.5/5. lol

A well-respected authority on games like Maxim gave KZ2 a 70% score????? Hype killed.

TTP said:
I hope you were an Amiga supporter back in the days. I'll put you on Ignore list otherwise.

The Amiga rocked my world! Coding those fantastic chips was a pure joy. As soon as someone even mentions the machine, I'm strolling down memory lane :D

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
I don't know the whole "I'm playing devils advocate post," a while back got me wondering, how come you don't do it for other threads?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14314287&postcount=13216
I realise you're preinclined to not like me because I didn't like LBP all that much and my KZ2 hype-level isn't as huge as some in this thread, but it would be nice for you to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said in that post you kindly quoted for me, I'm not going to repeat what has already been repeated for pages at a time. In, for instance, an RE5 thread, the community is significantly smaller, so if I'm gushing over it, or pointing something outl, chances are I'll be doing it before it becomes stale.

But by all means, continue trying to prove my bias. But excuse me if my heart isn't in my defense right now, I'm trying to get to the moon at the moment in a cool little black and white LBP level, but my gosh darn rocket ship just won't get there.

Dante

Rez>You said:
I realise you're preinclined to not like me because I didn't like LBP all that much and my KZ2 hype-level isn't as huge as some in this thread, but it would be nice for you to give me the benefit of the doubt.

Like I said in that post you kindly quoted for me, I'm not going to repeat what has already been repeated for pages at a time. In, for instance, an RE5 thread, the community is significantly smaller, so if I'm gushing over it, or pointing something outl, chances are I'll be doing it before it becomes stale.

But by all means, continue trying to prove my bias. I'm trying to get to the moon at the moment in LBP, but my gosh darn rocket ship just won't get there, so excuse me if my heart isn't in defending myself right now.

I really don't know anything about you outside of this thread, just seems weird that you'd want to curb enthusiasm in this thread and play "devils advocate" yet not do the same for other extremely hyped games?

Rez>You said:

But by all means, continue trying to prove my bias. But excuse me if my heart isn't in my defense right now, I'm trying to get to the moon at the moment in a cool little black and white LBP level, but my gosh darn rocket ship just won't get there.

Its just that your posts frequently carry the stench of a 'holier than thou' attitude, and it doesn't make you that endearing.

mr_nothin

Banned
Dante and iamcool

Just give it up and let him do his thang. That's his position on neogaf. "Mr Stir-it-up"
He posts certain things at certain times, just to stir the thread up and make the discussion more interesting. Then after he does that, he goes on to state how he really feels and nobody can take him seriously because of what he's said earlier in the thread. It seems like a flip-flop because of how he posts.

Just live with it lol

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dante said:
I really don't know anything about you outside of this thread, just seems weird that you'd want to curb enthusiasm in this thread and play "devils advocate" yet not do the same for other extremely hyped games?
I answered that in the very post you quoted. PMs are your friend from here on out, like I told you the last time you took it upon yourself to question my "motives".

iamcool388 said:
Its just that your posts frequently carry the stench of a 'holier than thou' attitude, and it doesn't make you that endearing.
That's fair.

mr_nothin said:
Dante and iamcool

Just give it up and let him do his thang. That's his position on neogaf. "Mr Stir-it-up"
He posts certain things at certain times, just to stir the thread up and make the discussion more interesting. Then after he does that, he goes on to state how he really feels and nobody can take him seriously because of what he's said earlier in the thread. It seems like a flip-flop because of how he posts.

Just live with it lol
you are a fantastic poster.

TheGreatDave said:
You guys are totally right, by the way. It's so sad how some people put so much stock in their platform or game of choice receiving sufficient critical or commercial success. Those guys are nuts.
You're not helping by contributing to it, you changed a lot after you got your 360 so don't even try that card.

Dante

mr_nothin said:
Dante and iamcool

Just live with it lol

I know....It's just annoying and predictable :)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
someone flick the switch, quick, before we all get buried in shit again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom