• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeZimatoR

Banned
Endless said:
2b-A8vjc6D9zyLrwW6ZsSnuslPmMc8d9

Holy shit, thats so badass!

<3 <3 <3

AndyD

aka andydumi
Dragnet said:
I have this issue in front of me and that is NOT what it looks like.

Can you post a real picture? I suspect the bluish stuff in that one is there solely to give the illusion of the holographic color changing.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Endless said:
What are those hunches on their backs for? At first I thought maybe they were backpacks to keep supplies and food for when they're perched at a sniper point for days or weeks on end. But judging by the guy in the background it looks to be somewhat hollow.

sykoex said:
What are those hunches on their backs for? At first I thought maybe they were backpacks to keep supplies and food for when they're perched at a sniper point for days or weeks on end. But judging by the guy in the background it looks to be somewhat hollow.

Cloak field generator

GodofWine

sykoex said:

I think its so when they ride their sweet bicycles they are more aerodynamic...now that would be a unexpected twist!

GodofWine

TrAcEr_x90 said:
<<<< mine

So will there be a midnight launch at gamestop?

I hope, cause I plan on calling in sick the day it comes out (my job owes me).

How ya been, since I stopped playing SC4 and lent R2 to my buddy 2 months ago I never get to jump online and play anything with ya!

NameIess

TrAcEr_x90 said:
<<<< mine

So will there be a midnight launch at gamestop?

My location stated this would be based on preorder sales.
I would assume the demo offer helped drive preorders.

Honestly I would be a shocked if the game did not get an midnight release considering the level of hype and anticipation.

If my local Gamestop decides to skip a midnight release I may pick up the game at another retailer like Gamecrazy or Walmart if they release the game at midnight.

GodofWine said:
I hope, cause I plan on calling in sick the day it comes out (my job owes me).

How ya been, since I stopped playing SC4 and lent R2 to my buddy 2 months ago I never get to jump online and play anything with ya!

Yeah I was thinkin of callin in at work so I can dedicate a whole day to it.

Oh man, I havent played soul calibur 4 in awhile, I thought I was a decent player. Then one night I played some dude online and he used cervantes and was really cheap with him. So i was fed up and told him he sucked and to quit using a cheap character. So we connected again and he then proceeded to beat me with every freakin character on the list, except for vader. I apologized to him and haven't played again. He cut me, cut me deep.:lol

Valkyr Junkie said:
Is it the smartest idea to have embargoes up more than 3 weeks before the game ships?

Embargo is up same time some people get their hands on the demo, it will be a perfect storm of fanboys screaming that the reviews are right, and everyone needs the game. It will spread a big hype wave, and hopefully it will generate a good word of mouth for the casual market.

Xater

Vinterbird said:
Embargo is up same time some people get their hands on the demo, it will be a perfect storm of fanboys screaming that the reviews are right, and everyone needs the game. It will spread a big hype wave, and hopefully it will generate a good word of mouth for the casual market.

I also think taht Sony did the smae thing for God of War 2 and that worked out alright.

Gibb

Cruzader said:
This is a 'cool" looking cover? looks like crap! Sorry but it does. In game KZ2> any GC crap material. Not bashing on the game either. Some of you are really uptight too, that guy has the right to laugh at it.

I'll bet... that cover will be a holographic picture!

AKS

Robinspain said:
OPM Spain (sorry for the tanslation):

Graphics: 96 The best on ps3

I'm curious to know what a console game needs to do to get a full 100 for graphics in this magazine.

Torgo

TTP said:
Looks slightly sharper at 1080i. I can notice it by looking very closely at some details on the rifle.

It looks fine in 1080i/p

I played on my CRT 1080i set and on my 1080p LCD. I did seem to think that the textures looked a bit softer at 1080p though, but I may have just been drunk :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
AKS said:
I'm curious to know what a console game needs to do to get a full 100 for graphics in this magazine.

Uncharted textures plus Killzone 2 everythingelse. Not that kz2 textures are bad, but Uncharted is yet undefeated texturezilla.

thuway

TTP said:
Uncharted textures plus Killzone 2 everythingelse. Not that kz2 textures are bad, but Uncharted is yet undefeated texturezilla.
Not to piss on Uncharted, because I believe that its currently the best looking console game on the market (sorry Gears 2 :) ), but Killzone 2 is an FPS where your free to zoom into textures, hence them not being as "clean".

Rikyfree

Hey, TTP, I have a question. How much film grain effect does this game use? How is it comparable to games like Mass Effect, FEAR2, and Battlefield: Bad Company?

Torgo

TTP said:
It wouldn't make sense to have different online embargos based on regions. Feb 2nd is the date worldwide AFAIK.

My letter says Feb 2nd, but the email from PR says Feb 3rd :lol

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
thuway said:
Not to piss on Uncharted, because I believe that its currently the best looking console game on the market (sorry Gears 2 :) ), but Killzone 2 is an FPS where your free to zoom into textures, hence them not being as "clean".

I know. I was too lazy to specify that. Thanks for filling in :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rikyfree said:
Hey, TTP, I have a question. How much film grain effect does this game use? How is it comparable to games like Mass Effect, FEAR2, and Battlefield: Bad Company?

You know, I don't think it has any. Does it? Torgo?

Torgo

Xater said:
Feb 2nd it is then! :lol

BTW can we expect a special Killzone 2 episode of your podcast?

Yup, Mark is almost through it as well, so we'll have plenty to talk about. Also, I'm writing a review for our site (if I get the time, damned 100th show.)

Torgo

TTP said:
You know, I don't think it has any. Does it? Torgo?

Yeah, it uses that effect somewhat, especially when your health is getting low. I think it's much more apparent in the "darker" levels though.

It's definitely not as heavily in use as something like L4D etc though, as there are a LOT more effects happening at once in Killzone 2. The lighting and shadowing alone will blow your mind.

iceatcs

AKS said:
Like most people in here, Uncharted texture. But also you could do with 1080p and 60fps.

Image that, uncharted texture + Killzone 2 engine on 1080p at 60fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom