• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen

Banned
Iain Howe said:
Because everybody said it sucked and mocked it roundly.

So - make up your damn minds already!

But we only complained about the 'pucker your asshole' and 'spare prick' lines :lol

We liked the "point it down shithead!" etc! :lol

A.R.K

Iain Howe said:

well a lot of us including myself liked the orginal line..and isn't this how the marines and military guys normally talk in the battle(to motivate eachother)? Or ppl expect them to talk like pussies during the thick of the battle

sometiems the devs should just ignore the morons!

-Winnie-

I wonder whether we'll encounter any Helghan civilians in the game. It'd probably help to continue to blur the line between who is good and evil, which I'm finding really interesting in the KZ universe. Pity it wasn't explored as much in KZ1 and Liberation.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
abdulrahim said:
well a lot of us including myself liked the orginal line..and isn't this how the marines and military guys normally talk in the battle(to motivate eachother)? Or ppl expect them to talk like pussies during the thick of the battle

While I did think the older line fit, soldiers normally don't tell each other that they're heading to their deaths to motivate each other.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Fersis said:
Its a known fact that chicks love game tech talk, just try to talk about Deferred rendering and detail mapping, she wont stay dressed for too long. :D
As a game programmer i want to believe this

That's certainly been MY experience in the industry...
Oh wait... no... Actually, it hasn't

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Zen said:
But we only complained about the 'pucker your asshole' and 'spare prick' lines :lol

We liked the "point it down shithead!" etc! :lol

Yeah - I really liked that line too. That one should have stayed for sure.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
abdulrahim said:

Well, they usually talk about killing the enemy instead of dying. There are exceptions, of course (Do you want to live forever?) but generally it's "Let's go kick some ass" rather than "Let's go get our limbs blown off!"

KZObsessed

Iain Howe said:

Who were these people? Give me their names!!
angry.gif

Iain Howe said:

You know what? I was going to make a post about this a long time ago but here it goes.

"Time to Die" and a couple other lines like when Garza said "It's so cold out here I can't feel my nuts!" or "I feel like a spare prick at a gang bang" were really good lines, sure they sound dirty but that gave the game narrative a gritty dirt feeling like "Platoon" or "Full Metal Jacket". Fuck the media for mocking those lines I though they were fucking Awesome!

Now those lines got changed to "lets go" and "next time we're invading a hotel" Goddammit fuck the stupid media for hating on those lines.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Iain Howe said:
Yeah - I really liked that line too. That one should have stayed for sure.
:|

Call GG and tell them to stealth patch it. Even better, mock the industry and offer it up as DLC for $0.99. I guarantee you will make $1,000 off it in gross. :lol

Zen

Banned
Iain Howe said:
*laughs* You know, if you guys had been half as pro-Time to Die when it was in, it might not have gotten cut.

We didn't know such a beautiful and awesome line was in danger of being cut until it was too late.

InterMoniker said:
You know what? I was going to make a post about this a long time ago but here it goes.

"Time to Die" and a couple other lines like when Garza said "It's so cold out here I can't feel my nuts!" or "I feel like a spare prick at a gang bang" were really good lines, sure they sound dirty but that gave the game narrative a gritty dirt feeling like "Platoon" or "Full Metal Jacket". Fuck the media for mocking those lines I though they were fucking Awesome!

Now those lines got changed to "lets go" and "next time we're invading a hotel" Goddammit fuck the stupid media for hating on those lines.

Sort of like the results of the "there's no color!" brigade influencing the art style (it seems). Don't listen to the whinners, GG!

Hazaro said:

Call GG and tell them to stealth patch it. Even better, mock the industry and offer it up as DLC for $0.99. I guarantee you will make $1,000 off it in gross. :lol
Well that's a stupid idea and not even funny.

Iain Howe

don't ask me for codes
Hazaro said:

*laughs* There's a totally different Rico actor now. Getting pick up lines done is a major chore, and I don't think he's going to set his time aside to come in and say "Time to die" before going home. :)

I really think you guys are just going to have to accept this and move on...

Zen

Banned
Iain Howe said:
*laughs* There's a totally different Rico actor now. Getting pick up lines done is a major chore, and I don't think he's going to set his time aside to come in and say "Time to die" before going home. :)

Never.

Henceforth, my official review is going to subtract 0.1 from the final score due to a lack of "I can't feel my nuts." "Point it down" and "Time to die". (oh god, please realize that I'm joking)

Iain Howe said:

Who is the new actor?

Zen said:
Sort of like the results of the "there's no color!" brigade influencing the art style (it seems). Don't listen to the whinners, GG!
Umm no I'm talking about the game narritive not color. The game looks the same to me I don't know what you mean by
"there's no color!" brigade influencing the art style

???

Zen

Banned
InterMoniker said:
Umm no I'm talking about the game narritive not color. The game looks the same to me I don't know what you mean by

???

you probably never saw the first realtime reveal, so what I said won't make sense to you.

A.R.K

FFObsessed said:
I was, but I'm just one voice :(

I wanted to join your voice but at that time I was not approved as a gaf member and could not post :(

and yes fuck all who whinned about the original lines! >:|

KZObsessed

Hazaro said:
I'd buy it :|

The line was already recorded so they should still have the files right?

It's a different voice actor now. It's done. It's gone. "Time to
move on...

*chokes back the tears*

roMonster

As an in game instruction "time to die!" is very counter productive.

Rico should have just broken the 4th wall and started screaming the controller configuration.

"Press R1 to Fire!"

"Tap Select to Review objectives!"

Clinton514

jett said:
:0 No way. Whoever did is one mean mutha. :p Wollan shouldn't miss the KZ2 party.
Many of you may have never heard of Killzonegame.com(doesn't exist anymore). It was like the original Killzone fansite ran by some folks in NL.

In memory of Wollan, his creation :lol :

6ym650.jpg

So would anything less than 3 million copies sold for KZ2 make it a bust? Just curious as to what you guys think Sony's expectations would be on a title that they've been hyping for years now.

gantz85

Banned
Smitty3000 said:
So would anything less than 3 million copies sold for KZ2 make it a bust? Just curious as to what you guys think Sony's expectations would be on a title that they've been hyping for years now.

I think about 12 million is the ballpark figure.

Kaz mentioned 34 million, and the but I think the financial crisis will severely affect gamers.

jett

D-Member
Smitty3000 said:

Plz, if Killzone 1 can sell 2 million, I'm sure KZ2 will blow past that. Even with Japan being a non-factor, I bet it will get close or surpass MGS4's numbers.

SILV3R_

Smitty3000 said:

3 million worldwide? Sony would need to release some adds about the game. I only saw 1 and that's on a magazine. How did I found out about the magazine? found a scan on the net.

Nizz

fps fanatic said:
Anyone know if they've decided on a # limit for clans? I was lucky enough to be in the GAF clan (US) for the beta, and I'd be honored to serve with you guys in the retail game! :D
Damn. I asked this question about the clan back on page 237. Now it looks like the East clan is pretty much locked down. *ignored post ftl.*

Darkpen

Banned
roMonster said:
As an in game instruction "time to die!" is very counter productive.

Rico should have just broken the 4th wall and started screaming the controller configuration.

"Press R1 to Fire!"

"Tap Select to Review objectives!"
:lol :lol :lol

Yeah, I don't agree with the "time to die!" defense force. The entire line is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom