• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
Yeah they really are inexperienced and it shows. It's a stupid decision. As people can join games at any time (which is a good thing usually), you could be ahead the entire game then have a bunch of people join, unbalance the teams against you and you end up losing. Had that happened to me tonight, and I get no extra bonus whatsoever. Urgh

NOOOOooooooo! That was by the far the funniest match I've ever played in. It was especially great considering the amount of hate messages I got after it! :lol LEGENDARY. Never forget. *sniff*

I had a better game than you, and I did all the trash talking yet no hate messages I wonder why :lol They can't deal with my psychological warfare.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
I had a better game than you, and I did all the trash talking yet no hate messages I wonder why :lol They can't deal with my psychological warfare.

I believe that I finished top of that game, sonny. I got the hate mail because I destroyed the same guy and his clan in another game. Kept calling me a lagger despite the fact he was from the US and was playing in an EU server. Tried to explain to him, but he was too busy crying. He got served tho... twice.

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
I believe that I finished top of that game, sonny. I got the hate mail because I destroyed the same guy and his clan in another game. Kept calling me a lagger despite the fact he was from the US and was playing in an EU server. Tried to explain to him, but he was too busy crying. He got served tho... twice.

No I finished top dog no lie. I practically made that comeback happen. Man they should have never started talking trash. That was their only mistake once they started talking I started playing. Man I wish I didn't delete that replay :(

Edit: I can't remember why were we not trying in the beginning?

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
No I finished top dog no lie. I practically made that comeback happen. Man they should have never started talking trash. That was their only mistake once they started talking I started playing. Man I wish I didn't delete that replay :(

I found it! I knew I saved it!

http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?rand=1259388193270

As you can see, I finished top... by 1 point. :p Then aj, then you. You're assassination defend at the end for the win was epic tho. Surviving, then boosting away to victory at the end. :lol

We turned it around with S&D attack, and we only started to try at the last minute or so. We were just camped in that one place near our S&R chatting and having a laugh. So fucking good. We lured them onto the bridge, then we all snuck round the back. Me & Rick armed the charges, you and aj defended us. Then we never looked back.

*salutes*

edit: the listing is a bit messed up. Shows some of their players on our team and the guy who sent me the hatemail, who finished top of their team is listed as "unknown". Must have quit before the end :lol

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
Edit: I can't remember why were we not trying in the beginning?

We joined the game where it was a clan playing against each other. When we joined one side, that half of the clan quit and rejoined the other side. Stacking the teams against us. Plus it was really late for me and I couldn't be arsed, so we were just messing around. You can see on the replay we didn't bother to move from that one area we were camped in until a few minutes remained of the 5th round. S&D attack. We were 3-1 down at that point, having won Body Count I think.

Our S&D attack strategy was just awesome and after we won that, we decided to go for it. Still can't believe we won the next two rounds after that and won the game. :lol

I remember the lobby after the game was just us pissing ourselves with laughter. I assume I was drunk at the time as always...

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:
I found it! I knew I saved it!

http://www.killzone.com/kz/tour_round_history.psml?rand=1259388193270

As you can see, I finished top... by 1 point. :p Then aj, then you. You're assassination defend at the end for the win was epic tho. Surviving, then boosting away to victory at the end. :lol

We turned it around with S&D attack, and we only started to try at the last minute or so. We were just camped in that one place near our S&R chatting and having a laugh. So fucking good. We lured them onto the bridge, then we all snuck round the back. Me & Rick armed the charges, you and aj defended us. Then we never looked back.

*salutes*

edit: the listing is a bit messed up. Shows some of their players on our team and the guy who sent me the hatemail, who finished top of their team is listed as "unknown". Must have quit before the end :lol

I cant't view it for some reason, but I now remember my epic assassination( or I could be confusing it for another game). I wish I could view the battle replay.

FFObsessed said:
We joined the game where it was a clan playing against each other. When we joined one side, that half of the clan quit and rejoined the other side. Stacking the teams against us. Plus it was really late for me and I couldn't be arsed, so we were just messing around. You can see on the replay we didn't bother to move from that one area we were camped in until a few minutes remained of the 5th round. S&D attack. We were 3-1 down at that point, having won Body Count I think.

Our S&D attack strategy was just awesome and after we won that, we decided to go for it. Still can't believe we won the next two rounds after that and won the game. :lol

I remember the lobby after the game was just us pissing ourselves with laughter. I assume I was drunk at the time as always...

Ohh yea I remember trash talking with aj. I also remember using the camping strategy. So many good memories from that game :lol

KZObsessed

Yeah says "Battle Replay Cannot Be Loaded" now >_<

I'll send you the file 2moro or something and see if it works. Yeah, it was just everything great about KZ2 rolled into one! :lol Such a great laugh, I wont forget it.

Shame all the games can't be that good.

Right, I'm off to sleep. Hope we can have another epic game 2moro! Nite.

Just had a couple of games online with a buddy. We're both sergent first class or master sergeant now, and the only game we could get into together was full of general rank dudes. :lol

We managed to be 2nd and 3rd on our team one game, regardless. Question: does the game automatically put you in a squad with anyone in the game/on your team that is on your psn friends list or in your clan? I created a clan just for my friend and I, and in our first game together we were in a squad together and he said he didn't initiate, so...

Fun times, except that the second game was a half-hour of body count with the ISA camping our spawn room on that map with the courtyard with the two face statues. I was dying almost as fast as I could spawn.

My PSN name is ParsecParallax if anyone wants to add a noob.

Blast Processing said:
Just had a couple of games online with a buddy. We're both sergent first class or master sergeant now, and the only game we could get into together was full of general rank dudes. :lol

We managed to be 2nd and 3rd on our team one game, regardless. Question: does the game automatically put you in a squad with anyone in the game/on your team that is on your psn friends list or in your clan? I created a clan just for my friend and I, and in our first game together we were in a squad together and he said he didn't initiate, so...

Fun times, except that the second game was a half-hour of body count with the ISA camping our spawn room on that map with the courtyard with the two face statues. I was dying almost as fast as I could spawn.

My PSN name is ParsecParallax if anyone wants to add a noob.
If you join via the "Join Friend" or "Join Clan Member" option, it automatically puts you in a squad with them.

I would recommend NOT playing bodycount at all; instead join the servers with all modes highlighted instead of just the skull icon. A lot of high ranked players just hang out in the BC rooms with low ranked players such as yourself to boost their K/Ds. Actually, on the search make sure that "My Rank Only" option is set to "Yes", and you should have no problems.

Steroyd

Wooo I got my tactician badge, and maxed out my medic thingy my connection has stabilized somewhat double XP weekend here I come! :D

Question... how the fuck do spawn grenades work? Do you spawn facing the direction I threw it or do they spawn facing from the direction I threw? I hate it when I spawn facing a wall so I want to use it right.

And I havn't unlocked it yet, but what is the tacticians secondary badge blinky grenade thing about?

borsdy

Banned
Steroyd said:
Question... how the fuck do spawn grenades work? Do you spawn facing the direction I threw it or do they spawn facing from the direction I threw? I hate it when I spawn facing a wall so I want to use it right.

And I havn't unlocked it yet, but what is the tacticians secondary badge blinky grenade thing about?
Your teammates will spawn facing the opposite direction you were facing when you threw the nade. If you were looking south, your team will spawn facing north. Do you understand?

The secondary is an airbot you call-in, it is much stronger now so you will unlock all eight ribbons quickly and may use other useful 2ndary badges when they are necassary.

Steroyd

Speaking of which how do you get a ribbon with the Engineer? I might as well try and kill 2 birds with one stone by switching classes mid-game, god I hate the shotty.

DigiMish

Engineer Ribbon 1: Kill 5 dudes in a round with a turret (Hard)
Engineer Ribbon 2: Repair 5 objects (Easy)

Place the turrets on higher ground to maximize their chance of getting headshots. Probably easier achieved in objective games because you can use the turrets to defend points.

JB1981

borsdy said:
Your teammates will spawn facing the opposite direction you were facing when you threw the nade. If you were looking south, your team will spawn facing north. Do you understand?

The secondary is an airbot you call-in, it is much stronger now so you will unlock all eight ribbons quickly and may use other useful 2ndary badges when they are necassary.

i don't know why but this made me laugh lol

Huggers

I'm all MW2ed out. I'm thinking about coming back to Killzone for my online shooter needs. Will likely get owned after such a long lay off though. Lots of people still playing?

Steroyd

1 turret ribbon down... 7 more to go. :(

Just incase people don't know, the Killzone map packs are going to have a price cut in Europe on the 3rd of December till the 13th (I think), if it's a price cut similar to the US, I'm going to leap on that.

Right now I'm on a rank where everyone has all but ditched the Medic badge :lol :( My how the game changes as you rank up and stay on games with similar ranks.

Also I seem to be getting people excited when I get killed, excellent I must be playing the game right. :D

So I managed to get a copy of Modern Warfare 2 today as the guy sent me the wrong game (I was supposed to get Resistance2). Turns it out it was a used copy so I checked it out as I wanted to see if it's worth keeping.

...man, while I do appreciate the dialed-in/excellent controls, everything else just feels so damn ...I dunno, artificial. Sure I can see why the online scene would hate everything about something like Killzone2 in comparision to this, but I know for damn sure it's what I love.

So yeah, am definitely sending it back.

beast786

http://www.gamereactor.se/magcover/se/71.jpg

Killzone 2 was gamereactor GOTY :D

Other Awards

GAMEREACTOR GAME OF THE YEAR 2009 AWARDS

Best Design
01. Brütal Legend
02. The Beatles: Rock Band
03. Killzone 2
04. Assassin's Creed II

Best Downloadable Game
01. Shadow Complex
02. Trials HD
03. Real Racing (Iphone)

Most Bad@$$ Dude of the Year
- Chris Redfield (Resident Evil 5)

Most Mischievous Character
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sonic and the Black Knight)

Enemy of the Year
- Helghast Elite (Killzone 2)

Best Technical Performance
01. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
02. Killzone 2
03. Red Faction: Guerrilla

Best Weapon
- Sonic Eruptor (Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time)

Best Sound
01. Killzone 2
02. Ghostbusters
03. Resident Evil 5
04. Need for Speed: Shift

Best Story
01. Grand Theft Auto: Ballad of Gay Tony
02. Dragon Age: Origins
03. Tales of Vesperia

Biggest Disappointment
01. Bionic Commando
02. UFC 2009: Undisputed
03. Wolfenstein

Worst Game of the Year
01. Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust
02. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
03. Damnation
04. Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes

Best Music
- Halo 3: ODST

Biggest of the Year
- Forza Motorsport 3

Smallest of the Year
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Best Haircut
- General Lionwhyte (Brütal Legend)

Best Online Game
01. Forza Motorsport 3
02. Halo Wars
03. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Most Laughable (in a good way)
- Ghostbusters

Biggest Surprise
01. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
02. Red Faction: Guerrilla
03. Infamous
04. DJ Hero

Best Portable Game
- Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars

Best Sidekick
- Captain Price (Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2)

Best Expansion
- Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost & Damned

Best Comeback
- Street Fighter IV

Best Co-op
01. Borderlands
02. Resident Evil 5
03. Left 4 Dead 2
04. The Beatles: Rock Band

Best Character
01. Eddie Riggs (Brütal Legend)
02. Nathan Drake (Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)
03. Kazuya Mishima (Tekken 6)

Most Challenging
- Guitar Hero: Metallica

Most Toughest Character
- Richard B. Riddick (The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena)

Most Original Concept
- Scribblenauts

Best Bossfight
01. Scarecrow (Batman: Arkham Asylum)
02. Mael Radec (Killzone 2)
03. Stay Puft Marshmallow Man (Ghostbusters)

Best Vehicle
- Xanavi Nismo GT-R (Forza Motorsport 3)

GAME OF THE YEAR
01. Killzone 2 (10/10)
02. Street Fighter IV (10/10)
03. Batman: Arkham Asylum (9/10)
04. Dragon Age: Origins (9/10)
05. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (9/10)
06. Colin McRae DiRT 2 (9/10)
07. Brütal Legend (9/10)
08. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (10/10, 8/10 - two different reviews)

AgentOtaku said:
So I managed to get a copy of Modern Warfare 2 today as the guy sent me the wrong game (I was supposed to get Resistance2). Turns it out it was a used copy so I checked it out as I wanted to see if it's worth keeping.

...man, while I do appreciate the dialed-in/excellent controls, everything else just feels so damn ...I dunno, artificial. Sure I can see why the online scene would hate everything about something like Killzone2 in comparision to this, but I know for damn sure it's what I love.

So yeah, am definitely sending it back.

Killzone 2 is far superior to Call of Noobs: Modern Camping 2

Kittonwy

Banned
FFObsessed said:
I should be on late tonight yes. Had a decent game just then finally.

Message me when you guys are on.
Indifferent2.gif

Steroyd

Kazuya Mishima... from a fighting game... as a best character!? o_O

What the hell type of story mode did they add to Tekken 6!

Back on topic.

How come there are timeswhen I can't build a turret or throw a spawn grenade at all, is that because everyone else has spammed them all?

scoobs

beast786 said:

Other Awards

Best Design
01. Brütal Legend
03. Killzone 2
04. Assassin's Creed II

Best Downloadable Game
01. Shadow Complex
02. Trials HD
03. Real Racing (Iphone)

Enemy of the Year

02. Killzone 2

Best Weapon

Best Sound
01. Killzone 2
02. Ghostbusters
03. Resident Evil 5

Best Story
03. Tales of Vesperia

Biggest Disappointment
01. Bionic Commando
03. Wolfenstein

Worst Game of the Year
03. Damnation

Best Music

Biggest of the Year
- Forza Motorsport 3

Smallest of the Year

Best Haircut

Best Online Game
01. Forza Motorsport 3
02. Halo Wars

- Ghostbusters

Biggest Surprise
03. Infamous
04. DJ Hero

Best Portable Game

Best Sidekick

Best Expansion

Best Comeback
- Street Fighter IV

Best Co-op
01. Borderlands
02. Resident Evil 5
03. Left 4 Dead 2

Best Character

Most Challenging

Most Toughest Character

Most Original Concept
- Scribblenauts

Best Bossfight

Best Vehicle

GAME OF THE YEAR
01. Killzone 2 (10/10)
07. Brütal Legend (9/10)

Nice! But i question this because they have uncharted 2 behind... SF4, dirt 2 and brutal legend!@?!? unacceptable.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Steroyd said:
Kazuya Mishima... from a fighting game... as a best character!? o_O

What the hell type of story mode did they add to Tekken 6!

Back on topic.

How come there are timeswhen I can't build a turret or throw a spawn grenade at all, is that because everyone else has spammed them all?
Yes. IIRC, each teams gets two spawn nades, two air sentries, & three (might be 4) turrets. The white slots under the item select are the number of slots available to the team. Spawn nades you have to wait out till they expire before you can throw another one; team turrets and sentries can be destroyed by shooting them, just look for shitty placed turrets/low health sentries and destroy them.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
KZ2 Game of the year? I really love the game, but really? Uncharted 2 barely seems represented in that list... It's not in "Best story" list ffs?

TheFatOne

Yea I'm done with this game. I thought I could stomach a few games. It turns out that I was wrong. The lag in this game makes me want to punch a wall. That shit is still ridiculous.

KZObsessed

beast786 said:

Other Awards

Best Design
01. Brütal Legend
03. Killzone 2
04. Assassin's Creed II

Best Downloadable Game
01. Shadow Complex
02. Trials HD
03. Real Racing (Iphone)

Enemy of the Year

02. Killzone 2

Best Weapon

Best Sound
01. Killzone 2
02. Ghostbusters
03. Resident Evil 5

Best Story
03. Tales of Vesperia

Biggest Disappointment
01. Bionic Commando
03. Wolfenstein

Worst Game of the Year
03. Damnation

Best Music

Biggest of the Year
- Forza Motorsport 3

Smallest of the Year

Best Haircut

Best Online Game
01. Forza Motorsport 3
02. Halo Wars

- Ghostbusters

Biggest Surprise
03. Infamous
04. DJ Hero

Best Portable Game

Best Sidekick

Best Expansion

Best Comeback
- Street Fighter IV

Best Co-op
01. Borderlands
02. Resident Evil 5
03. Left 4 Dead 2

Best Character

Most Challenging

Most Toughest Character

Most Original Concept
- Scribblenauts

Best Bossfight

Best Vehicle

GAME OF THE YEAR
01. Killzone 2 (10/10)
07. Brütal Legend (9/10)

Good to see websites aren't foprgeting about KZ2. Will be my GOTY as well, but still the game pisses me off a lot. Eric Boltjes better justify his position with KZ3.

KZObsessed

TheFatOne said:
Yea I'm done with this game. I thought I could stomach a few games. It turns out that I was wrong. The lag in this game makes me want to punch a wall. That shit is still ridiculous.

Sad to hear. I was just in a US server and to be honest it was manageable but it was still fairly bad. I don't blame you to be honest. Lag pisses me off so much as well, the current trend of moving away from dedicated servers sickens me.

FFObsessed said:
Sad to hear. I was just in a US server and to be honest it was manageable but it was still fairly bad. I don't blame you to be honest. Lag pisses me off so much as well, the current trend of moving away from dedicated servers sickens me.

Here here. I had a few good games today and a few really bad games. After seeing the horrible state of lag in MW2 I was hoping that I could return to KZ2 but it seems that I will have to go somewhere else (perhaps l4d2 on PC?).

I really hope that Sony sets up dedicated servers for KZ3. Honestly, at this point I would be willing to pay a small sum monthly/yearly if it meant dedicated servers (even if it was only for first party titles).

TheFatOne

FFObsessed said:

Because of Killzone 2 multi player I am now not going to buy Killzone 3. Even if Killzone 3 gets dedicated servers I'm still not going to buy it. Really GG fucked up on so much shit in Killzone 2 that I hope Killzone 3 bombs. I would love to say I'm joking, but that's how I feel.

tass0

Banned
beast786 said:

Other Awards

Best Design
01. Brütal Legend
03. Killzone 2
04. Assassin's Creed II

Best Downloadable Game
01. Shadow Complex
02. Trials HD
03. Real Racing (Iphone)

Enemy of the Year

02. Killzone 2

Best Weapon

Best Sound
01. Killzone 2
02. Ghostbusters
03. Resident Evil 5

Best Story
03. Tales of Vesperia

Biggest Disappointment
01. Bionic Commando
03. Wolfenstein

Worst Game of the Year
03. Damnation

Best Music

Biggest of the Year
- Forza Motorsport 3

Smallest of the Year

Best Haircut

Best Online Game
01. Forza Motorsport 3
02. Halo Wars

- Ghostbusters

Biggest Surprise
03. Infamous
04. DJ Hero

Best Portable Game

Best Sidekick

Best Expansion

Best Comeback
- Street Fighter IV

Best Co-op
01. Borderlands
02. Resident Evil 5
03. Left 4 Dead 2

Best Character

Most Challenging

Most Toughest Character

Most Original Concept
- Scribblenauts

Best Bossfight

Best Vehicle

GAME OF THE YEAR
01. Killzone 2 (10/10)
07. Brütal Legend (9/10)

Uncharted 2 really deserves to be 1st on that list.

I wonder what these guys are smoking... (no KZ2 hate, awesome game ;p)

TheFatOne said:
Because of Killzone 2 multi player I am now not going to buy Killzone 3. Even if Killzone 3 gets dedicated servers I'm still not going to buy it. Really GG fucked up on so much shit in Killzone 2 that I hope Killzone 3 bombs. I would love to say I'm joking, but that's how I feel.
You're playing that shit up so much, it's hilarious. :lol

JardeL

TheFatOne said:
You will , you will ...

TheFatOne said:

wtf-cat.jpg

ruxtpin

Banned
TheFatOne said:

It's been a while since I've been able to play, but I thought KZ2 had dedicated servers originally? Either way, I'm in the US and don't seem to recall my mp-sessions when the game came out being laggy. Did something change?

JB1981

If you stick to your region with low player counts the game is not very jaggy at all. When the game came out I remember hosting 24 playerr GAF games and there wasn't much lag, if ever. That may have been because I was hosting the games though. I have also never had a problem with freezing or games dropping. I guess I have been lucky.

Steroyd

The disguise badge is awesome, that 1 second delay of the enemy not shooting you, makes a whole lot of difference. :lol

Wish double XP weekend included getting double the ribbons to, the turret badge is annoying. :(

Top Bottom