• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

dwin45 said:
Seriously. Will I have to cancel and redo my pre-order?
I highly doubt it. Amazon is usually super amazing about that kind of stuff. I preordered a game one, and the price dropped $.50, and they credited that 50 cents to my account.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Blu_LED said:
I highly doubt it. Amazon is usually super amazing about that kind of stuff. I preordered a game one, and the price dropped $.50, and they credited that 50 cents to my account.
Amazon sent me a 50% off coupon for MVC 3 because some Dead Rising 2 DLC pack i didnt know about got delayed. I wanted to lick them. Got MVC3 for 29.99

george_us

$40 from having this and Bulletstorm pre-ordered yesyesyesyes.

I hope they don't forget to apply my credit though. I had this pre-ordered before they started offering the credit.

and now that i think about it id rather have the 3 unlock points than have everything unlocked for 24 hours.....the latter seems rather annoying when it's gone.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
lantus said:
Do you really need to pick it up at midnight? Or can you wait some hours for it to be delivered to your FRONT DOOR?

Haha, I know, I know. I am just eager.

X-Frame

Blu_LED said:

I believe what usually happens is once the game ships, Amazon sends you the credit.

So while my KZ3 which I pre-ordered a month ago still says the same price, I predict that come next week I'll get an e-mail from Amazon about the $20 credit into my account.

Blu_LED said:
Pre-ordered. I'll cancel my Gamestop pre-order tomorrow. Amazing deal.

yep, so glad to see this pop up in my RSS feed. Easy purchase there.

commish said:
Ugh. Midnight release? Or 20 back from amazon...

This is a super easy decision. BOTH

buy at midnight.

PLAY!

get copy in mail from Amazon and return to the store you bought it from at midnight.

WIN WIN

Nice impressions Nib. Great A.I. is so underrated, it literally makes or breaks the SP of a shooter for me. Having the best A.I. however makes the game special (accompanied with good level design of course). I don't know how people can say the SP is boring when you are constantly dueling it out with these enemies.

Edit- I didn't buy from Amazon but it says this on the page

"Special Offers and Product Promotions
Edition: Standard

* Pre-order Price Guarantee! Order now and if the Amazon.com price decreases between your order time and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the lowest price. Here's how (restrictions apply) "

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
MikeE21286 said:
yep, so glad to see this pop up in my RSS feed. Easy purchase there.

This is a super easy decision. BOTH

buy at midnight.

PLAY!

get copy in mail from Amazon and return to the store you bought it from at midnight.

WIN WIN

Great minds think alike. I think I'm going with your plan.

mr_nothin

Banned
Lion Heart said:
Nice impressions Nib. Great A.I. is so underrated, it literally makes or breaks the SP of a shooter for me. Having the best A.I. however makes the game special (accompanied with good level design of course). I don't know how people can say the SP is boring when you are constantly dueling it out with these enemies.
Because that's just about the only thing you're doing...
They really need to branch out from being a corridor shooter

nib95

Banned
mr_nothin said:
Because that's just about the only thing you're doing...

Well, sort of. But enemy, weapon and locale variety certainly help. In the case of KZ3, there's actually a lot of additional accessories or vehicles that do help to mix up the gameplay more than a lot of other shooters, plus the new stealth sequences also add a new dynamic. Won't say much more in fear of spoiling things, but as far as shooters go, the games actually really quite varied.

MikeE21286 said:
oh wow, $40...that's quite a bit
Well, its not a mechanical acessory it is at least all digital including buttons and triggers and what not so that counts for something. The mapping of buttons to the controller itself is pretty sweet but I am awaiting detailed impressions.

I have a few concerns with the amount of movement needed to turn since the move is further out from your body. It also needs to be comfortable sitting down. However, I dont think the price is unreasonable.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Sharp-Shooter-PS-Move-Gun-attachment-1041428.jpg

262809-super_scope_super.jpg

its like super scope 2011, my body is ready.

amazon makes it even sweeter once again.

That gun... looks so awesome. I've been unable to cope with Wiimote controls for FPS games, but this is so tempting. I almost want to buy a Move just for this. Maybe it would inspire me to wrestle with the controls long enough to get used to them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
revolverjgw said:
That gun... looks so awesome. I've been unable to cope with Wiimote controls for FPS games, but this is so tempting. I almost want to buy a Move just for this. Maybe it would inspire me to wrestle with the controls long enough to get used to them.

I used to be meh with Waggle, but Move on KZ3 really goes hand in hand

Once you get it (that synergy of your mind/motor skills, + moving in 1 form is awesome)

Once it clicks, you go HOLY SHIT! I have been playing at a disadvantage the whole time

DS3 had it's time, but Move brings the immersion to the next level

Sometime going back from Move to DS3, your hand/arm has this ghostly variations of you using your move (if you swim for a long time, your arms/shoulder still have that motion/sensation), like why I'm not turning, oh that's right R3 stick, not moving the DS3...DUH!

GraveRobberX

fna84 said:
How do you move with that gun ?

The Nav is put in the holder part, you hold it like a gun, the area underneath the barrel area is where the NAV is

Here:

sony-sharp-shooter-ps3.jpg

move-sharpshooter-kz3-img0264-rm-eng.jpg

Carl

GraveRobberX said:
Sometime going back from Move to DS3, your hand/arm has this ghostly variations of you using you move (if you swim for a long time, your arms/shoulder still have that motion/sensation), like why I'm not turning, oh that's right R3 stick, not moving the DS3...DUH!

Had that problem after playing the beta a bit. Played some other game (can't remember what) and it took me flipping ages to work out how to turn. Lulz.

Loudninja

Playstation 3 160GB Killzone 3 Move Bundle fhttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/index.phpor $379.97

Bundled Items

* Playstation 3 160GB System
* Killzone 3
* PlayStation Move Motion Controller
* PlayStation Move Navigation Controller
http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-160gb-killzone-3-move-bundle/90332

Killzone 3 PlayStation Move Bundle $139.97

http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/games/killzone-3-playstation-move-bundle/90330
So yeah basically the same price if you buy them separately.

GraveRobberX

Loudninja said:
Playstation 3 160GB Killzone 3 Move Bundle fhttp://www.neogaf.com/forum/index.phpor $379.97

http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/consoles/playstation-3-160gb-killzone-3-move-bundle/90332

Killzone 3 PlayStation Move Bundle $139.97

http://www.ebgames.com/ps3/games/killzone-3-playstation-move-bundle/90330
So yeah basically the same price if you buy them separately.

If they added in the Sharp Shooter for free, so many people would go out of there way to buy the bundles

Edit: Hold the phone, Where The Fuck is the PS Eye...WAT!?

So your getting not even the whole set LOL

Holy Shit PS Eye solo is $40? ($28.99 on amazon, but real MSRP)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VTQ3LU/?tag=neogaf0e-20

GraveRobberX said:
If they added in the Sharp Shooter for free, so many people would go out of there way to buy the bundles

Edit: Hold the phone, Where The Fuck is the PS Eye...WAT!?

So your getting not even the whole set LOL
How can they be that fucking stupid??

So somebody spends $380 on this bundle and they still can't actually use Move.

angelfly

makingmusic476 said:

I said that when they left the navigation controller out of all the bundle (DS3 is no substitute!)

GraveRobberX

makingmusic476 said:

How the Fuck does this work?

I'm flabbergasted

So $380 for bundle + $30-$40 for Eye + $40 Sharp Shooter (not necessary, but looks like it would save you from the tennis elbow/sore forearm sessions) = $460 before Tax, so almost $500

Fuck me, even the Kinect Bundle @$399 looks better price wise

Eh it's still not bad. You can buy the eye new on amazon for 20 bucks from some of their vendors. The eye is the cheapest piece of the move set. That being said, maybe the advertised bundle just forgot to mention the eye comes with it.

As for the sharpshooter, who cares... From all the early reviews the thing is garbage. Build quality is nice but it doesn't perform well.

GraveRobberX

KingOfKong said:
Eh it's still not bad. You can buy the eye new on amazon for 20 bucks fro some of their vendors.

There's a reason it's called a bundle

I mean I have all the essential parts

Got my PSEye back when Eye of Judgment was released

Got Move & Nav in preparation for KZ3 + Sharp Shooter

There should be no excuse, add camera sell bundle @$399.99

Take the $139.99 add another $10 for the camera, sell full KZ3 bundle for $149.99.

KingOfKong said:
The eye is the cheapest piece of the move set.

So it shouldn't cost them shit to bundle it in, people buying are going to go hey why is my shit not working, realize what's missing, either create shit storm or try to go looking for the camera

All-In-One Package, not 80%-In-One package, 20% up to you, but without 20%, that makes 50% of the 80% package useless

Oooh. I thought this was an official Sony bundle. It's really just a GameStop bundle. They're just taking Sony's KZ3 bundle and tacking on two controllers.

It's GameStop being dumasses like usual.

GraveRobberX

makingmusic476 said:
Oooh. I thought this was an official Sony bundle. It's really just a GameStop bundle. They're just taking Sony's KZ3 bundle and tacking on two controllers.

Isn't it?

Playstation 3 160GB Killzone 3 Move Bundle by Sony Computer Entertainment

That is what the title reads

I mean GameStop isn't selling a 160GB PS3 with KZ3 then throwing in the Move + Nav?

or Is it Sony putting everything into 1 box, but no camera?

makingmusic476 said:

GS ugh...

Top Bottom