• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Man

TTP said:
My Killzone 3 Move + Multiplayer video analysis is up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo

Killzone3MP.png

Enjoy!
Not finished yet but the vibration analysis is terrific.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Confidence Man said:
That's pretty neat, but is it just me or does it look like the auto-aim is doing a lot of the work?

As others have said, there is no aim assist indeed. I even say that at some point in the video! :p

aristotle

Although it's not listed on Amazon for some reason, change the cat helmet edition to release date and it comes up as .99 now. Sneaky amazon!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Man said:
Not finished yet but the vibration analysis is terrific.

Should have picked that up in my previous video. Didn't think about disabling vibration via the XMB and I was convinced it was intentional to begin with. Then while playing MP i noticed the cursor would shake whenever the rumble was active (very noticeable when you are low on health as it shakes at ever heart beat rumble) and went like "this can't be intentional..." etc.

r.gun

Neo Member
TTP said:
Should have picked that up in my previous video. Didn't think about disabling vibration via the XMB and I was convinced it was intentional to begin with. Then while playing MP i noticed the cursor would shake whenever the rumble was active (very noticeable when you are low on health as it shakes at ever heart beat rumble) and went like "this can't be intentional..." etc.

Do you think it's possible to get around that for the developers, or is it just something that is inherent with the Move technologies sensors?

So it's not auto aim, but it looks like there are a lot of hits when the crosshair isn't on the enemy. I suppose it's like that even without the Move, it just looks more pronounced.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
r.gun said:
Do you think it's possible to get around that for the developers, or is it just something that is inherent with the Move technologies sensors?

The controller shakes. I don't see how you get around that.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
r.gun said:

Definitely possible. MAG for example doesn't suffer from this. Perhaps this is the reason why MAG has some cursor deadzone (doesn't pick up the smallest movements) while KZ3 doesn't have any (cursor trembles a tiny bit even if you put the Move on a tripod).

Basically I think GG went for the super responsive to the expense of stability. Would be nice to know if they experimented with adding a tiny bit of deadzone to the cursor. I guess it doesn't have to big that big to avoid the consequences of rumble detection.

bobbytkc said:

Nono. The controller doesn't shake. I mean, if you put it on a tripod and pull the trigger, the cursor shakes regardless because the sensors are so accurate they pic up the rumble vibrations (which are not so big to cause the whole Move to shake).

On a side note, this shows Sony wasn't BS'ing us when they said they had to remove rumble for the Sixaxis as it affected the sensor. They perhaps added it later upon realizing nobody was using the Sixaxis sensors regardless so they said "fuck it" :D

r.gun

Neo Member
bobbytkc said:

It's not so much that the controller shakes in your hand, but that the sensors read the vibrations as larger movements than they are I believe. There will always be a small amount of movement with the Move controls due to your hand moving, but the way TTP described it was that there seems to be some extra movement due to the vibrations causing the sensors to misread.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Man this games gets better and better the more you re-play it. Going through my Elite run and having a lot of fun.

If I had to review it after the first pt at Trooper I'd have given it a 7.

Now I'd give it a 9 and I'm not even past midway.

Successfully went through the jungle un-stealthy. Love to melee the ninja higgs with the Move.

TTP said:
Man this games gets better and better the more you re-play it. Going through my Elite run and having a lot of fun.

Successfully went through the jungle un-stealthy. Love to melee the ninja higgs with the Move.

Sweet

Negaiido

Nice video TTP, I was just wondering. Is it the beta version of KZ3 MP or the full version because I see AJ(2good4you2) and full recovery. How did they get the game :O

DoomGyver

Negaiido said:
Nice video TTP, I was just wondering. Is it the beta version of KZ3 MP or the full version because I see AJ(2good4you2) and full recovery. How did they get the game :O
old beta footage.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Negaiido said:

Most of it is from the open beta yeah. I couldn't use the retail code I have cos the servers are down and didn't want to just show me against bots (I used it only to show the EXO, oh, and the SP demo for the jetpack). I wanted real online action.

An-Det

Apparently Amazon now is doing a $20 credit in addition to the Retro Map Pack and some Unlock credits. I wasnt planning on picking up KZ3 so soon, but I've already got a $15 credit, so looks like I'm going Helghast hunting next week.

Negaiido

TTP said:
Most of it is from the open beta yeah. I couldn't use the retail code I have cos the servers are down and didn't want to just show me against bots (I used it only to show the EXO, oh, and the SP demo for the jetpack). I wanted real online action.

Ah k fair enough. I just hope that you get paid a lot for those videos because they are the best I've ever seen :D
When are the retail servers going online then, I thought they already were up.

WTF LOOK AT THAT AUTOAIM.

Fucking Move is a noob ass bitch device. This shit is worse the fucking changes from KZ2 that people are complaining about.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Rapping Granny said:
WTF LOOK AT THAT AUTOAIM.

Fucking Move is a noob ass bitch device. This shit is worse the fucking changes from KZ2 that people are complaining about.

Not sure if serious. :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Donos said:
from just watching the vid, it really looks like rather heavy autoaim in some parts.

Again, as stated in the video (at 18:40) there is NO AUTOAIM. That's just how fast you can pick up targets with the pointer.

Donos

TTP said:
Again, as stated in the video (at 18:40) there is NO AUTOAIM. That's just how fast you can pick up targets with the pointer.

i'm not saying there is one but it really looks like it (the crosshairs "sticks" to the enemies sometimes which totally looks like autoaim). I totally trust you that there is non but i only state how it looks. And that is really a compliment to the move implementation.

RotBot

TTP said:
Can you explain what the camera assist on zoom in does? I couldn't tell the difference between on and off in the video.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Donos said:
i'm not saying there is one but it really looks like it (the crosshairs "sticks" to the enemies sometimes which totally looks like autoaim). I totally trust you that there is non but i only state how it looks.

ah ok. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RotBot said:
Can you explain what the camera assist on zoom in does? I couldn't tell the difference between on and off in the video.

That's not explained nor shown in that video at all. It is explained in the previous one and I simply mentioned it there. I should have probably shown it again.

Anyway, check this one for camera assist explaination (the COD-like assist is present only in the Campaign mode btw):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=levDGb1FY6E#t=04m05s

Donos

i watched it again and i think it appears like autoaim sometimes because the weapon (and the crosshair moves separately from the camera. ppl (like me) playing with controller and kb/m are used to see the crosshair and weapon to move parallel to the camera.

Quite impressive how accurate it is. So i guess good clan players will dominate with move.

Irish

TTP said:
My Killzone 3 Move + Multiplayer video analysis is up :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWF0yZCmpNo

Killzone3MP.png

Enjoy!

Nice. My main concern with the move controls was with the movement. I guess I didn't really think that I would have to adjust my DualShock learned behaviors in order to succeed with the Move. For example, the need to move around in order to track your opponents better is something that I wasn't really used to. Similarly, keeping the cursor at the side of the screen when strafing is somewhat of a new concept for me.

I've always thought the shooting was great with it though. Some of my favorite memories outside of the epic mortar kills I've gotten occurred during the few times I used my Move controller instead of the DS. Double, triple, and multiple kills just seem to be abundant when shooting with the move. I love being able to shoot guys coming from multiple angles on my screen without reducing my visibility by adjusting the camera position.

Also, seeing familiar names on screen most of the time really allowed me to absorb all of the information presented in the video. It felt like I was actually playing because all of the other players I usually play with were there as well.

Some of the GAF names I spotted:

AJ, Shagg, Full Recovery, and myself (Broken).

A.R.K

Finally got to play the SP demo last night and HOLY CRAP!!! This game looks beyond amazing and plays even better than KZ2 (I loved KZ2). In some ways, I do miss the KZ2's dark gritty environments and "cinematic" look compared to KZ3 as this looks too clean. But it still looks gorgeous. The demo was pretty good length. And Rico haters should be a lot more pleased with him this time lol. A.I is fucking brilliant! WASP is totally BAD ASS weapon of the year!! So much variety just in the demo. I loved every minute of it and it ended very interestingly :D.

Bring it on!

RotBot

TTP said:
That's not explained nor shown in that video at all. It is explained in the previous one and I simply mentioned it there. I should have probably shown it again.

Anyway, check this one for camera assist explaination (the COD-like assist is present only in the Campaign mode btw):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=levDGb1FY6E#t=04m05s
I thought the camera lock assist was also disabled in MP. It seems like it would give an advantage by always centering the enemy on screen, but I'll have to try it out and see.

BeeDog

TTP said:

Can you perhaps motivate your initial score of 7? And the change of attitude towards the game? :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
RotBot said:
I thought the camera lock assist was also disabled in MP. It seems like it would give an advantage by always centering the enemy on screen, but I'll have to try it out and see.

It does that but there are issues with it (which is why I say it does more harm than good).

First of all, while it locks the camera to the target, the target is not completely centered. It has some sort of deadzone it can move around freely without triggering camera rotation. And you still have to move the cursor on it.

But that's not the thing. The thing is that a) camera can lock to the "wrong" target if you pull L2 before being 100% sure the cursor is closer to your intended target and not someone else. When you have got a pack of enemies ahead of you, you are never sure which one it's gonna lock onto, and if it lock to one and that target runs away, the camera will follow him (even behind wall) and you'll lose track of the other guys (which will rip u a new one).

The other thing is that camera assist automatically switches between normal and down the sights depending on target distance. You have no control over it. So say you have locked onto a close target in normal view and then it moves farther enough to trigger scoped aim. That switch fucks up your aiming.

BeeDog said:
Can you perhaps motivate your initial score of 7? And the change of attitude towards the game? :)

basically it's soo easy I rushed through it and didn't appreciate all the different approaches possibilities you are given. Which is something you do notice and appreciate when playing on an harder difficulty setting cos you die & re-try more often and experiment more.

Higgs also die less quickly and hence have more time to put you into uneasy situations.

Also, firefights ended so quickly the cutscenes separating them felt too frequent. They don't feel as frequent when getting past each firefight takes more time.

That's basically it. If you are gonna play this once, do it on Veteran.

TacticalFox88 said:
Tempted SOOOO bad to get Move. Wow, Move players are going to own those with traditional controllers

When I played with it in Modern Combat, I was struggling big time but still went 5-0, 8-2, 6-1 etc. And that was with a bad calibration lol. However Killzone 3 is a more mobile game and probably controls a lot better than MC with a DS3 but ya...I can see move players dominating (woot).

TacticalFox88 said:
Tempted SOOOO bad to get Move. Wow, Move players are going to own those with traditional controllers

i succumbed to the GAF hype and got one. Had a chance to play a few rounds of open beta while it was still up and even when I was still not used to it at all, I found myself getting kills so easily it felt like I was cheating. The movement will need some practice and settings tweaks but like any other device I am sure I will get used to it quickly with practice.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Someone in the comments sections of my YT video liked me to this devs chat where they state they are gonna fix the jetpack Move controls!

Guest-41: Will the turn speed bug in the single player demo while using the jetpacks with the PS Move be fixed at the full release?
MDJ-KZ3: Yes we're looking into that one. Appologies for that but it will be fixed!

God bless "Guest-41" for asking that.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TTP said:
Someone in the comments sections of my YT video liked me to this devs chat where they state they are gonna fix the jetpack Move controls!

God bless "Guest-41" for asking that.
Awesome news. KZ3 sounds like it's going to be super awesome after these first couple of patches come out.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
dragonfart28 said:
Looks alright. The turning sensitivity still seems really weak.

Really? I think it's pretty fast actually. Almost like switching to rear view in a racing game :D

BeeDog

TTP said:
basically it's soo easy I rushed through it and didn't appreciate all the different approaches possibilities you are given. Which is something you do notice and appreciate when playing on an harder difficulty setting cos you die & re-try more often and experiment more.

Higgs also die less quickly and hence have more time to put you into uneasy situations.

Also, firefights ended so quickly the cutscenes separating them felt too frequent. They don't feel as frequent when getting past each firefight takes more time.

That's basically it. If you are gonna play this once, do it on Veteran.

Thanks for the fast reply. I finished KZ2 on Elite (goddamnit), so I'm definitely going to play it several times. :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Irish said:
Some of the GAF names I spotted:

AJ, Shagg, Full Recovery, and myself (Broken).

You have been very helpful in showing off how circle strafing looks like with the Move :)

Top Bottom