• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Torgo

Violater said:
At this point is there any part of the game we have not seen?

Actually, those are all from early in the game, and in no particular order :) I tried to use shots that showed the texture depth and/or additional new effects.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
So i got Killzone 3 coming with the jungle green controller, Move starter kit, Navi control, Sharp shooter and the pistol..... and some other games. Damn you Sony and Guerilla.

nib95

Banned
Torgo great shots mate, appreciate the effort. A touch better than the site ones. That said, they are still a tad less sharp than other captures I've seen. Don't know if it's your jpg conversion software or capture equipment, but it gives shots a slightly more glossier finish than normal direct captures (I must have saved at least 50 over the weeks lol).

Konosuke

Great video TTP! Now I know why sometimes calibration looked off. I kept aiming to the low center sometimes and was restraining myself during the aiming at target part.
Bad habits from Deadstorm Pirates I guess.

The rumble issue really leaves me with a dilemma. I really like my rumble but I want that accuracy lol.

I really wish I could find a deal on the Navigation controller too, 30€ is too much for what it is imo.

nib95

Banned
Torgo said:
I'm not an image guy, so I'm just using the Mac software to move the TGA's to JPG.

Could you upload just one of the original files to your album so I could compare it with the jpegs and perhaps change to JPEG using software of my own? PNG would be fine (or preferable) too. I know it sounds laborious but ultimately if it could lead to PSNation getting slightly better captures it could be worthwhile!

hermit7

In honor of Killzone 3 I will play through the second.

One of the best shooters released this generation, upgraded with Move is going to be awesome.

hermit7 said:
In honor of Killzone 3 I will play through the second.

One of the best shooters released this generation, upgraded with Move is going to be awesome.

Wait...sorry if I'm out of the loop but is move support really coming for KZ2?

Great news if so as I just picked up the Sharpshooter and am really digging it.

damn, the texture work is just out of this world. The textures are so varied and bring that war torn look, but theres a ton of more color to everything than killzone 2.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'm about to get started on this. Picked it up earlier today at a local game shop :). The targets near my house also had it on the shelves, but they couldn't sell it.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Cold-Steel said:
TTP, do you use XMB calibration prior to playing with Move in KZ3 or do you just go as is (hit the reset button and roll with it)?

I have the magnetic sensor off since forever.

Dante

Tried the single player demo.

Wish i hadn't. Amazing graphics. Horrible acting and dialogue. Did they really go out of their way to rectify this?

fwiw actually like the gameplay better than KZ2. sorry kz2 weight fans.

Crisis

Banned
I searched a few pages back but I didn't see it mentioned. If you're in the US and have not reserved this game yet, Amazon has the game with the 3 unlock points, and with the Retro Map pack, and now you also get $20 in Amazon credit if you pre-order the game.

Rikyfree

Happy Birthday, Admiral Orlock! Ray Winstone is 54 today! Congratulations, sir! *SALUTE*
Together we can slaughter those ISA fucks!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Rikyfree said:
Happy Birthday, Admiral Orlock! Ray Winstone is 54 today! Congratulations, sir! *SALUTE*
Together we can slaughter those ISA fucks!

killzone-birthday-featyre-440.jpg

Mmmmm...cake..llllaarrrgghhhhggghhhh
5328747490_74d0b9921f_z.jpg

Down with the ISA SCUM!

Long Live Visari!, Long Live Helgan!

10dollas

Banned
ultron87 said:
Unconfirmed street date breakage report:

I was texting my brother and he let me know this Target in Columbus, Ohio is selling the game. He didn't buy it because he's getting it from Amazon.

I have no way to confirm or deny the truth behind this (since I'm not in Columbus) or whether you'd get past a register, but if you're in the area and would like the game early it might be worth a shot.

I felt it was my public duty to let GAF know.

This makes me incredibly sad. The only freak'n time I hear of a report of a street leakage occurring anywhere near where I live, I am of course on the other side of the planet at the moment. Fuck my life and Fuck yeah OSU

-viper-

Banned
The KZ3 demo lacks any of the AWESOME post processing lighting and motion blur that made the original game such a spectacular looking game.

The textures look sharper and so does the IQ but where the hell is my awesome lighting and motion blur? :(

Norml

Digital Foundry has an article up.

Just like its predecessor, as a technological demonstration of the power of Sony hardware, Killzone 3 is a hugely impressive piece of work. But what makes this game so special is that the core gameplay experience is just so strong: in the midst of battle, nothing looks like it, nothing plays quite like it. For PlayStation 3 owners it really is a must-buy.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-killzone-3

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
-viper- said:
The KZ3 demo lacks any of the AWESOME post processing lighting and motion blur that made the original game such a spectacular looking game.

The textures look sharper and so does the IQ but where the hell is my awesome lighting and motion blur? :(

I hear you buddy, I was saying the same in the demo thread, KZ2 looked a lot better imo, motion blur is there but it seems to be toned right done, there is no doubt that the game does look stunning but it just doesn't have that unique look that KZ2 had, the motion blur in KZ2 was stunning.

zorbsie

Played a bunch of coop last night. I have a feeling like I'm close to the end. But that can't be. We only played for 4 hours tops.
I'm back at the helghast base looking to rescue the captain.
Am I close to the ending? or is there a lot more left?

r.gun

Neo Member
zorbsie said:
Played a bunch of coop last night. I have a feeling like I'm close to the end. But that can't be. We only played for 4 hours tops.
I'm back at the helghast base looking to rescue the captain.
Am I close to the ending? or is there a lot more left?

There's still a good portion of game left. I want to say thats maybe half way through.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Full Recovery said:
TTP can you explain this? How do you turn it off, and why? and also, have you had any hands on time with the sharpshooter yet?

You turn it off by pressing triangle at the XMB calibration screen.
I have it off since a) it ain't used by most games b) the only game that used it was Time Crisis and I had drifting issues until I disabled it (a patch was released later that fixed this, so it now works fine with the sensor on).

Overall it doesn't seem to be an important feature and since games control fine without it I have it off just to be sure. I assume future games *requiring* it will ask to turn it on so... I'll do that when absolutely needed.

Haven't tried the Sharpshooter yet. I'm not sure it will go well with my playing style tho. I like to lay down and relax my arms, making small wrist movements etc.

classicdms

Neo Member
I just invested in the Move and Killzone because of TTP's video. As a PC gamer that hates dual analog stick control, and as someone who had no complaints about Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, the idea that I can play this enjoyably and not miss out like I did with Killzone 2 is quite appealing.

I'm hoping I fucking love this.

Crisis

Banned
Full Recovery said:
I noticed in TTPs video that my mic kept going off during the match, I was using the PSeye. Anyone else ever have that problem? I could be dead silent and that mic icon would still blip. Other times it works like it should. (not sure if I was giving off static or not)

By the way, the PlayStation Eye is actually REALLY GOOD at noise cancelling if you use the advanced setup. Most people who use the Eye as a mic just plug in the Eye and then go to the accessory settings and set the Eye as the input device and the speakers as the output device and just leave it. Then every time somebody talks, you hear the echo and all that shit. No good.

There is actually an advanced setup feature that goes through all of your speakers with a sound and it sets the PlayStation Eye to not pick stuff up from the speakers. Once you do that, it's actually ages better than the original setup. You'll be shocked at how good it does work.

classicdms said:
I just invested in the Move and Killzone because of TTP's video. As a PC gamer that hates dual analog stick control, and as someone who had no complaints about Metroid Prime 3 on the Wii, the idea that I can play this enjoyably and not miss out like I did with Killzone 2 is quite appealing.

I'm hoping I fucking love this.

I dont really like dual analog either. The move takes some time to get used to so be ready for a learning curve. That being said from now on if developers impliment move controls like kz3 I wont be using a DS for the game. I have to stress again that there is a learning curve and you will do tons of tweaking and if you are anything like me you will dislike it from the very beginning but that's fine because once you get it its awesome.

(PS it isnt as intuitive as KB and mouse)

zorbsie

r.gun said:
There's still a good portion of game left. I want to say thats maybe half way through.

That's good to hear. I was getting that dread that it was almost over. Can't wait to go through the other half.

DoomGyver

TTP said:
You turn it off by pressing triangle at the XMB calibration screen.
I have it off since a) it ain't used by most games b) the only game that used it was Time Crisis and I had drifting issues until I disabled it (a patch was released later that fixed this, so it now works fine with the sensor on).

Overall it doesn't seem to be an important feature and since games control fine without it I have it off just to be sure. I assume future games *requiring* it will ask to turn it on so... I'll do that when absolutely needed.

Haven't tried the Sharpshooter yet. I'm not sure it will go well with my playing style tho. I like to lay down and relax my arms, making small wrist movements etc.
This is pretty much my only concern as well, I play on a pc monitor at about three feet away so I'm not sure if it would work.

-viper-

Banned
lowrider007 said:
I hear you buddy, I was saying the same in the demo thread, KZ2 looked a lot better imo, motion blur is there but it seems to be toned right done, there is no doubt that the game does look stunning but it just doesn't have that unique look that KZ2 had, the motion blur in KZ2 was stunning.
I didn't notice any kind of motion blur in the demo. There seem to be a lot of jaggies too.

The softer, almost CG look of KZ2 with motion blur and depth of field effects >>>> sharp KZ3 look with no post processing

Full Recovery said:
This is pretty much my only concern as well, I play on a pc monitor at about three feet away so I'm not sure if it would work.

Yep, mine too. I am also worried about sitting down and playing.

I must wait for impressions

TTP said:

Your going to at least test and review it right?

hermit7

CloakedPuppet said:
Wait...sorry if I'm out of the loop but is move support really coming for KZ2?

Great news if so as I just picked up the Sharpshooter and am really digging it.
Er no I will be replaying KZ2 in anticipation of playing KZ3 with move.

Top Bottom