• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall |OT| Nothing Stops This Rain

Caayn

I recal reading something about players having problems when they get on the dropship too early. Maybe it's that?
Restarted the section instead checkpoint fixed it for me. Apparently it was caused because I hacked the dropship before it was an objective...

Vasili2K38

People, I need your help. I don't know why or how I've encountered a nasty bug. I was replaying the game for the fourth time (I like a lot the campaign and I'm trying to get all the collectibles without using a guide) when in the part (Chapter 9, section 2) when you defend Echo while she is hacking a terminal, and you have to hack two doors to close them, in the second one, the two air drones that spawn are invincible o_O. I've checked several times, replaying the section in all difficulties, and always its the same. And I've never had this problem before. Anyone knows/has suffered this bug? Its very annoying because I'm also playing the multiplayer and I wanted to try to get the Platinum, but with this bug I can't complete that section and I have 2 deaths that I have to reduce to zero in order to get the no deaths trophy.

New patch out, nearly 800mb.

Update 1.12:
- Added a new class: the Insurgent
- Added 3 new abilities: Tactial Echo Emitter, Epulse Emitter, Guard Drone
- Added a new gameplay element: Collect online collectibles during warzone matches
- Added a new game plus mode: Elite mode, 3 lives, no checkpoints to finish the entire game
- Added 3 new weapons, the Classic M82 and Sta14 and a new Auto-pistol the LS12 SMG
- Added new challenges for all of the above
- Added visual indication of your network quality
- Other minor tweaks and bugfixes

T.O.P

Banned
Soooo a friend is willing to sell me the game for 20€
Never been much into Killzone but i'm curious to give this a try

How's the userbase holding up for multyplayer?

Grinchy

Banned
What's the deal with these collectibles? What are they?

I got one of them last night. As far as I can tell it's just an avatar. The more you collect, the more avatars you get. But they are all basically the same thing. They look like the crate that you would find in the level, but it upgrades as you find more of them.

So like the first collectible you find might give you a bronze-looking box avatar, and if you find 5 it gets a star on it, if you find 10 it goes silver, ect. That's not the exact progression but you get the point. It goes up to 500 found...which seems insane.

If you get something else from them then that's awesome but to me it seems pointless otherwise.

T.O.P

Banned
Played for a couple of hours

I'm quite enjoying the single player so far, graphics have high and lows but overall it looks damn pretty

Very impressed on how they said fuck it to the corridor shooter and went with some big areas and really low indication on where to go, hope the the entire campaign is gonna be like that

i'm still getting used to how use the drone in the best way, sometime i actually forget that it's there lol

Melchiah

Played for a couple of hours

I'm quite enjoying the single player so far, graphics have high and lows but overall it looks damn pretty

Very impressed on how they said fuck it to the corridor shooter and went with some big areas and really low indication on where to go, hope the the entire campaign is gonna be like that

i'm still getting used to how use the drone in the best way, sometime i actually forget that it's there lol

It's not, but I appreciated the variety. It had its flaws, mainly the frustrating defend sequences later on.

Shin-Ra

ibleVTANrEGbWD.gif

Love this intro sequence.

I'm sure I just suck, but this game seems to get incredibly hard in the late game. I just got to a part that I cannot even being to imagine who I could possibly pass. And I'm playing on normal. I've died so many times, it's not even funny.

I'm sure I just suck, but this game seems to get incredibly hard in the late game. I just got to a part that I cannot even being to imagine who I could possibly pass. And I'm playing on normal. I've died so many times, it's not even funny.

What part?
Remember to always send out your buddy drown to slowly whittle away at enemies.

AnnTiPa

Finally got the MVP for The Divide and unlocked the World Domination icon. For some reason that level comes up rather rarely for me unless I'm willing to go through most of the other levels. It's never conveniently the next in the queue.

Now just a couple of more levels for the turrets and quite a lot of Buddy Drone madness and platinum awaits me (well, after another run at the campaign). Not looking forward to using Buddy Drone, I rather enjoy playing as support to easily get rid of those enemy turrets.

Grinchy

Banned
Now just a couple of more levels for the turrets and quite a lot of Buddy Drone madness and platinum awaits me (well, after another run at the campaign). Not looking forward to using Buddy Drone, I rather enjoy playing as support to easily get rid of those enemy turrets.

I hate the buddy drone so much. I find that you basically have to not kill people on purpose and just hope that your drone is competent enough to get the last shot to score a kill. It's such an inconvenient and tedious grind. I'm nowhere near done with it because I think it's such a piece of shit ability.

They shouldn't have required so many kills with it. The fact that you can max out the spawn beacon immediately but would have to spend a month to max out the buddy drone (legitimately) shows how stupid they were when they were making the ability progressions.

T-0800

Use your drone to make a shield or to attack.

Melchiah

I had problems with those defend sections, but the last fight on level 9 was the one where I just had to change the difficulty to easy, after trying to clear it a dozen times on normal.

Tambini

Just beat the game finally after not touching the campaign since launch day. Didn't really enjoy it at all and just wanted it to be over around chapter 7.
It got really challenging too, some points I was just running in circles kiting waiting for my health to come back.

I hated that you couldn't switch the primary weapon, especially as it felt really weak and sounded bad compared to the m82 in previous games. In fact most of the weapons suck compared to Killzone 2. Graphics were stunning in some points though.

Multiplayer is a lot better but I still don't enjoy many of the weapons.

Just beat the game finally after not touching the campaign since launch day. Didn't really enjoy it at all and just wanted it to be over around chapter 7.
It got really challenging too, some points I was just running in circles kiting waiting for my health to come back.

I hated that you couldn't switch the primary weapon, especially as it felt really weak and sounded bad compared to the m82 in previous games. In fact most of the weapons suck compared to Killzone 2. Graphics were stunning in some points though.

Multiplayer is a lot better but I still don't enjoy many of the weapons.

Jesus this. I ran out of ammo for it and wanted to change weapons - fucking NOPE.
Come on guerilla you're better than this. I actually liked Killzone 2/3 with the heavy feel (and using move/sharpshooter) but this feels like Killzone: Call of Battlefield. Eh.

breakfuss

This game is terrible (just finished a few minutes ago). The last 3 or 4 chapters are rage inducing. Terrible level design. Stupid story. Jesus, man. I am done with the Killzone series.

leng jai

This game is terrible (just finished a few minutes ago). The last 3 or 4 chapters are rage inducing. Terrible level design. Stupid story. Jesus, man. I am done with the Killzone series.

Yeah the single player is a big disappointment. First time since KZ2 I haven't bothered to finish it on Elite. I would tell you to go to multi but even that has gone to shit with the lack of players and ridiculous spawn camping in TDM.

Grinchy

Banned
I didn't love the single player and there were some nearly-broken, frustrating moments before the first patch. But I enjoyed it for the most part.

I think I actually appreciated it more when I played through it a second time to do some trophy whoring. Maybe playing on Hard the first time was a mistake or something.

The 3rd. 4th, 5th and 6th level were so good it was kind of shocking how far the quality dropped after that. I played through it a second time on Hard to get the trophy and I just gave up after I got a bit in to Chapter 8.

stryke

For some reason Michael Valient/GG haven't put up the slides from their GDC talk and the video of the session is locked behind GDC paywall, so browsing through the web landed me with some photos taken during the talk, but there are only about 25 slides. There's probably a lot more detail but the website is in Japanese and some of the info was already reported by Dualshockers.

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140322_640824.html

03.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Seik

Banned
I just started playing this game, got it for 30$.

Chapter 3 and so far I'm having a great time. I expected it to be worse than this because I heard it was a disappointment many times on GAF, so I guess that helped me not to expect too much. Graphics are insane, too, it's unbelievable!.

i jumped on mp for the first time in like 2 months. Think it's time for me to sell this bad boy. Not to mention its almost been 6 months since release and my season pass was worthless lol. didn't realize co-op shit would take 6 months + to come out

So GG decided to remove "Classic Warzone" from its official server. Replacing it with 24 Player Domination.

I am not happy since Classic is all I play.

Beat the single player a while ago. Absolutely forgettable stuff...
lame story, little gameplay diversity, horrible AI, lame locations. This game was nowhere as good as KZ2 or KZ3

multiplayer is also rather lame. I liked the multiplayer in KZ2 and KZ3 a lot more. I hope radec academy comes back

its kinda weird

story is forgettable but the gameplay levels where tight in the beginning, annoying in the middle and somewhat good in the end

they needed to organize this more

set pieces where great, soundtrack was good too

if only it had a better story

they also needed to cut some of the fat... add maybe more owl options like the zip-line giving you vertical options like rising and falling

needed more time... if they fixed some minor details and added a more intriguing story it could've been a top tier title

had some potential

darkwing

I just started playing this game, got it for 30$.

Chapter 3 and so far I'm having a great time. I expected it to be worse than this because I heard it was a disappointment many times on GAF, so I guess that helped me not to expect too much. Graphics are insane, too, it's unbelievable!.

yeah finally finished it a few days ago, i had fun with the SP, the MP is a great improvement with the blur fix though, its finally playable for me lol

Finally got through it with just the Keyzer, somehow.

I actually thought the last 3rd of the campaign was pretty good. I don't get why the free fall parts are so widely reviled, they seemed pretty straightforward to me. I only had to take a couple of tries to get through them, less than the rest of the game quite frankly.

Massa

Finally got through it with just the Keyzer, somehow.

I actually thought the last 3rd of the campaign was pretty good. I don't get why the free fall parts are so widely reviled, they seemed pretty straightforward to me. I only had to take a couple of tries to get through them, less than the rest of the game quite frankly.

AFAIK they patched those sections after release (before the EU release though, I think).

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah the people complaining about those sections were the ones who played the game before it had gotten a patch. It might have had a Day 1 patch, but before there was one after that.

The freefall sections actually didn't bother me at all even before the patch. It was the Last Stand section in chapter 7. If you go into the dropship too soon, it gives you a checkpoint but it is impossible to win. You have no way of knowing that it'll be impossible unless you sat there for an hour+ straight getting destroyed.

AFAIK they patched those sections after release (before the EU release though, I think).

Ah, ok. That would explain a lot. I actually thought the first one falling
onto Helghan
was really cool once I got the mechanics, it actually felt kind of like Super Mario World with the cape.

JB1981

I restarted the campaign on Hard difficulty. Did they patch the rag dolls in this game? The shotgun sends the Higs FLYING now. It's awesome!

Top Bottom