• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall vs. COD: Ghosts

i-Lo

Both games look good but:

QpG784w.jpg

Killzone looks like a generational leap, cod looks like a last gen game but is at least 60 fps

Too bad killzone is only 30 fps... (which makes it worthless)

If only we could have both.
we can it's called pc

*rolls eyes*

This is getting annoying.

Effect

Also there is no way Ghost should do better then Killzone at the PS4's launch. Get the first party exclusive people over the multiplatform.

VanWinkle

You know what they SHOULD have done with that CoD: Ghosts comparison? Compared what the game looks like on 360 to what it looks like on One. I think it would have been hilarious because you KNOW there would probably be very little difference. It's a far more fair comparison, though.

heh, gotta love that moisture on blades of grass. that's next-gen enough for me.

also i'm glad to see that underwater stuff really is becoming a trend, with GTAV, AC4 and now COD.

hmm i'm thirsty, need a glass of water ->

This is kind of an unfair comparision, of course a PS4 exclusive is going to look better than a multi-playform multi-generational title. I think it will be more interesting when we get to see how the Xbone version on CoD stands up next to the PS4 version.

This is kind of an unfair comparision, of course a PS4 exclusive is going to look better than a multi-playform multi-generational title. I think it will be more interesting when we get to see how the Xbone version on CoD stands up next to the PS4 version.

prediction: they'll be boringly similar and only geeks like us will care to look closer to detect differences.

Cornbread78

This is Activision and IW..... They will make sure the XBone version runs better....

Gestault

CoD Ghosts honestly looks like a clearer version of what's easily possible on 360 and PS3. I don't think I'm going out on a limb saying that, especially considering its being made for those systems. Even Battlefield 3 on high-end PCs looks and animates considerably better than Ghosts. Killzone is a much more impressive-looking example of next-gen visuals.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I still don't understand why they would use this game as their "look at how much better XBO graphics are than 360 graphics" tech demo thingy during the reveal. I can only guess they had nothing better to show that's actually in-engine, which paints a sort of worrying picture of how far along XBO game development is. Or maybe they simply wanted to wow the COD crowd.

Double D

My sources are telling me that Guerrilla is going to reveal Mocap Fish at E3 as well as Dog AI that has the dog get our of your way if you swing your leg at it.

Servbot24

Banned
Killzone is clearly far beyond CoD, at least imo. CoD looks like a half generation advancement. I don't really know which will play better since I'm not a shooter enthusiast though.

Gestault

That's what Killzone Shadow Fall is using now. It wasn't at the time of the reveal.

Guerrilla did a tech presentation on the specific demo that was shown off at the reveal. There's the full powerpoint presentation available online. They specified that 1.5 gigs was for CPU relegated tasks, 3 gigs for GPU relegated tasks, and they didn't mention the back-end ram required for OS-level functions. You're mistaken.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I have no idea why a PS4 ground up exclsive is being compared to a game primarily focusing on 360/PS3. We are probably atleast 2 years off from a CoD that is built for these consoles.

Arnie

SF looks much better than Ghosts, but I'd take a 60fps version of BF4 running on a next-gen machine over both.

Spongebob

Banned
Has anything been said about the rendering resolution for COD: Ghosts?

If its 720p then this comaprison is a lot more interesting.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Has anything been said about the rendering resolution for COD: Ghosts?

If its 720p then this comaprison is a lot more interesting.
They're refusing to comment on resolution. It's probably not finalized yet and they don't want to lock themselves into a goal they can't reach.

Top Bottom