• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall vs. COD: Ghosts

60 fps always plays better than 30, Not to mention kill zone controls are sloppy at the best of times.

I agree with your framerate assessment in the general sense. But framerate isn't as crucial for most FPS games. Racing and fighting games... yes absolutely framerate is king.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
CoD still looks like CoD though. KZ Shadowfall looks much different right now and even seems to control differently.
CoD looking like CoD is why I'd play it over a new Killzone; and nothing I saw in the Shadow Falls trailer suggests that it's significantly different to KZ's PS3 outings. I don't know why they would change it either, some people really seem to like Killzone.

andycapps

qmnNMzb.png

Thread redeemed.

They both look great. Killzone 2 definitely has more going on screen, but Call fof Duty has some spectacular looking lighting along with 60 frames per second.

We still don't know the resolution of either, however. It's going to be hard to tell until we get better looks at the games.

KZ has been confirmed 1080p... but I am wondering if this post is a parody. Lighting looks poor in the CoD video, very saturated and pretty unrealistic. Lighting looks much more natural in KZ.

Considering the visuals in CoD, I don't see how 60fps is a big deal at all. It will probably be at 720p if that. The screens look pretty decent, but watch the video. It looks pretty damn unimpressive in vid form. Actually, I think some current gen games, Last of Us for instance, look better.

I don't think a comparison is needed for this game though. It looks poor for a next gen game whatever the angle.

KZ looks very impressive.

abadguy

Banned
Throw the xbox owners a bone! That isn't a fair comparison at all - wait until we see what KZ looks like when not early in development at E3. It REALLY won't be a fair comparison

Did i miss something? Did COD become an exclusive while i wasn't looking? You think it will look any different on PS4? lol

probably wont look different but will probably run better

Will most likely run exactly the same too.

ShogunX

Killzone will look a lot better and COD will outsell Killzone probably two or three to one.

Nothing will change from the current gen in that regard.

StuBurns

Banned
KZ is not going to be 60fps, RAM bump or not. It needs to look like something that fell out of the future for TV ads. Maybe Knack will be though.

Imagine you get a dream job, working in game industry. And then, you are making same looking COD games for the rest of your life.

Yep, making the most successful franchise in last gen history, that's loved and played by millions and millions of fans. How horrible, I rather be a broke Indie game that makes shitty ass games and then complain that they don't sell.

BibiMaghoo

On my PC, I have a choice of playing Battlefield 3 on low settings, at 60+ fps, or on high settings, at 35+ fps.

I do not choose the faster, uglier version of the game to play.

Give me better visuals and I'm quite content with 30 fps.

Top Bottom