• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone: Shadow Fall vs. COD: Ghosts

GutsOfThor

Yep, but we've got Garfield.

kz555k5s45.gif

Damn you! I can't unsee it!

It'll be interesting to see if Guerilla can get a higher framerate going on in KZ:SF now that they have 7GB of RAM to use instead of the 3.5GB they used for the demo.

dummydecoy

But framerate isn't as crucial for most FPS games. Racing and fighting games... yes absolutely framerate is king.

LOL WUT? Because you don't need reflexes and fast reaction times in FPS games?
I'd say 60fps is crucial in shooters just as much as other genres, in fact I'd say even more so since you absolutely want the fastest refresh rate and visual feedback when shooting a moving target.

It'll be interesting to see if Guerilla can get a higher framerate going on in KZ:SF now that they have 7GB of RAM to use instead of the 3.5GB they used for the demo.

RAM has nothing to do with framerate.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Not how that works. KZ is a 30fps series and GG is a 30fps studio that pushes visuals. I don't see them ever releasing a 60fps game.

Gestault

Having more room for data doesn't give you more cycles per second to render your game unless your engine was losing performance because modules had to "wait" for data to be moved around in a smaller amount of ram.

Complaints that KZ looked "choppy" are completely unfounded. Yes, there were some framerate drops in the demo. We have no reason to assume that'll be a problem in the final release (except for KZ2).

I'm sure they will both be fun but if I had to choose, Killzone all the way. It looks superimpressive and I like the weighty controls and actual developed AI, although the reveal trailer didn't show that off. Pretty great for a launch title imo.

Top Bottom