• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kim-Jong-un looking at things

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwm0nkey

His face...

tumblr_lwkk1e9buI1r8asibo1_r1_500.png

Yeah regardless of who Kim Jong Il was he was still this guys dad, seems totally unfair and unfunny to laugh at pictures of him close to tears at his Dads funeral.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
The blug went op just a handful of hours after the death announcement, good to see it's still chugging along well!

Just to be 100% clear, you are defending a murderous fascist's successor.

Also, he's about to turn 30 and he's in charge of a dictatorship. He's not a kid.

I don't think he's defending anyone, just stating facts. But even if he was defending him, why exactly should he be held accountable for his fathers actions? :|

jaxword

I don't think he's defending anyone, just stating facts. But even if he was defending him, why exactly should he be held accountable for his fathers actions? :|

In that case, we can watch if 2012 will tell us whether or not he plans to change his father's murderous regime.

Also, he's about to turn 30 and he's in charge of a dictatorship. He's not a kid.

He's a human being looking at his dead dad. also, your argumentation and reading comprehension really suck ass.

Lesath

His face...

tumblr_lwkk1e9buI1r8asibo1_r1_500.png

That's the face of a man try his damnest not to break down in front of a crowd at the funeral of a loved one. I have made that face before, and I am sure you will in your lifetime as well. Save your mockery for the other inane publicity photos.

Enco

When you're the oppressor of millions I have little sympathy for them.
Pretty sure that was his dad (although he might be the same in the future).

No I'm not. I'm defending a child's right to not be mocked during his fathers funeral. He has done nothing wrong (so far).

He's a human being looking at his dead dad. also, your argumentation and reading comprehension really suck ass.
Exactly.

That's the face of a man try his damnest not to break down in front of a crowd at the funeral of a loved one. I have made that face before, and I am sure you will in your lifetime as well. Save your mockery for the other inane publicity photos.

That face says to me, "Oh, I am so totally fucked," rather than, "Oh, I miss my dear daddy."

Also, his father was a selfish alcoholic bastard who murdered millions while sipping cognac and watching James Bond movies. So save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

RevDM

Banned

Because his other sons and family who thought he was batshit evil excommunicated themselves from the country. He stayed.

jaxword

No I'm not. I'm defending a child's right to not be mocked during his fathers funeral. He has done nothing wrong (so far).

Yes, you are. Especially if you don't think his family hasn't already had their own private funeral and this particular event was not prepared FAR in advance as per the usual publicized propaganda methods and Jong-Un was already aware of what role he has to play.

Staged through and through.

Zinga

Banned
I really hope Kim Jong Un turns out to be a great leader for North Korea. I think it's great to see someone from my generation with the opportunity and privilege to lead his nation and people into a new century and to become a strong and prosperous state. If anything, I really admire him for doing so.

Come on people. Don't make fun at someone at his dad's funeral.

Grow up and make fun of his height, weight and bulldog like jowls. I mean please. Show some pride in yourself.

Lesath

That face says to me, "Oh, I am so totally fucked," rather than, "Oh, I miss my dear daddy."

Also, his father was a selfish alcoholic bastard who murdered millions while sipping cognac and watching James Bond movies. So save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

The expression on his face should be obvious to anyone who has dealt with the loss of a loved one. Try to draw the edges of your lips down as KJU does; it's tiring, and it accomplishes absolutely nothing unless you're trying not to cry. If you remain unconvinced, try looking up that iconic photo of a marine's son holding back his tears. (I do not mean it as a political statement, just that it is the only photo off the top of my head that demonstrates such an expression.)

Furthermore, he is not KJI. Perhaps KJU is guilty by choosing to associate with his father, but nothing more.

The expression on his face should be obvious to anyone who has dealt with the loss of a loved one. Try to draw the edges of your lips down as KJU does; it's tiring, and it accomplishes absolutely nothing unless you're trying not to cry. If you remain unconvinced, try looking up that iconic photo of a marine's son holding back his tears. (I do not mean it as a political statement, just that it is the only photo off the top of my head that demonstrates such an expression.)

Furthermore, he is not KJI. Perhaps KJU is guilty by choosing to associate with his father, but nothing more.
How about I instead channel my sympathy toward the millions of North Koreans who have been brainwashed and brutalized by the Kim regime?

Perhaps Jong-un will take steps to ease the oppression of the North Korean people; I certainly hope he does. But I'm not going to show sympathy for him when his father was one of the most selfish, evil individuals on the planet.

zoukka

Perhaps Jong-un will take steps to ease the oppression of the North Korean people; I certainly hope he does. But I'm not going to show sympathy for him when his father was one of the most selfish, evil individuals on the planet.

I fail to see your logic. How did Jong-un's sadness get nullified by his dad being a dick?

Enco

I fail to see your logic. How did Jong-un's sadness get nullified by his dad being a dick?
thisisneogafdude.jpg

I sympathise with the normal citizens who were brainwashed by his dad but that doesn't mean I want to laugh at his kid.

I don't understand the notion that we can't be sympathetic to both the citizenry, AND KJU. It's not like I only have a finite, quantifiable amount of sympathy points I have to allocate out each day. That said, I echo the sentiments that, somehow, KJU goes on to be a far better leader for his people that JKI ever was.

Human beings tend to not see you as human when you rule over millions of other human beings with an iron fist and show basically no human traits of caring or compassion.

Rightly so.

Angry Fork

lol @ people sympathizing with Kimg Jong Un with the sentimental dead dad shit, as if that nullifies the tyranny, oppression and totalitarianism that have completely raped the lives of millions in poverty.

Kim Jong Un has been enjoying the spoils and riches that his father amassed, he's as much a pathetic excuse for a human being as his father was unless he changes North Korea for the better which I doubt. We should all feel free to mock him as much as we like and if you want to feel bad for him go ahead but we're not wrong for enjoying the death and turmoil of tyrants.

The fact the website isn't actually funny doesn't help either.

He isn't even looking at the majority of things, the orginal was funny in an 'identifying wood' type way this one lacks that

lol @ people sympathizing with Kimg Jong Un with the sentimental dead dad shit, as if that nullifies the tyranny, oppression and totalitarianism that have completely raped the lives of millions in poverty.

Kim Jong Un has been enjoying the spoils and riches that his father amassed, he's as much a pathetic excuse for a human being as his father was unless he changes North Korea for the better which I doubt. We should all feel free to mock him as much as we like and if you want to feel bad for him go ahead but we're not wrong for enjoying the death and turmoil of tyrants.

I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the actual tyrant. Now, it's depressingly likely that KJU will be as bad, if not worse, than his father. Whatever you gotta tell yourself, I guess.

I don't understand the notion that we can't be sympathetic to both the citizenry, AND KJU. It's not like I only have a finite, quantifiable amount of sympathy points I have to allocate out each day. That said, I echo the sentiments that, somehow, KJU goes on to be a far better leader for his people that JKI ever was.

I don't think anyone is feeling sorry for the actual tyrant. Now, it's depressingly likely that KJU will be as bad, if not worse, than his father. Whatever you gotta tell yourself, I guess.

What weird alternate reality are you living in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom