• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kimishima: NX "not merely" successor to "handheld" 3DS or "stationary console" Wii U

• Thread starter Deleted member 752119
  • Start date

KingBroly

Banned
Its funny you say that, when I was reading some of these leaks and stories, I was thinking "This could be Nintendo as a service." They could just stream their games to a new handheld and console. Their games wouldn't be tied to just this model of the hardware.

But still at this point, who knows.

Eh...I don't think Nintendo could pull that off. Even if it sold well.

My thinking is that it'll be the iQue combined with a Chromecast-type device. Basically a handheld with a streaming stick that you plug into your TV.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Eh...I don't think Nintendo could pull that off. Even if it sold well.

My thinking is that it'll be the iQue combined with a Chromecast-type device. Basically a handheld with a streaming stick that you plug into your TV.

If anything, Nintendo has hinted that an SCD may stream to your hand held (probably wifi), not the other way around. But your idea would be moribund in the Western market on day one.

The NeoGeo X the Nintendo X? Hmmmm

Something like this I wonder?

AddCTop.jpg

Woah woah woah! Stop the presses. What is this gorgeous handheld that I see here. Is it running emulators?

GDGF

Soothsayer
I still think we'll get a handheld and console as brothers concept, but I think it will be handled by whatever the guys at NERD have come up with via the cloud.

TLZ

Banned
If it's not "merely" a "handheld" OR "stationary console," what the hell is it?

OP, you're taking words out of context. He said:

"it’s not merely the successor to the handheld 3DS or stationary console Wii U".

Saying not merely a handheld or console is different to saying not merely the successor to the 3DS or WiiU.

ThisGuy

I'm very eager for the next Nintendo system. Will probably be the last system I purchase for a very long time due to vr.

EctoPrime

After the wait the entire gimmick would probably be some evolution of the Wii U broadcasting that allows several different games to run within the vicinity of the base console on the handheld devices. Plus the units combining with the handheld becoming a screen for the home unit.

Reggie: Blah, blah, blah you get free wifi at your friends house so why not free games.
Reggie: Blah, blah, blah most families do not have several televisions but by getting both units they have another that is exclusively for games and media apps.

Think vertical Wii U with a screen bolted on the side.

Social

After the wait the entire gimmick would probably be some evolution of the Wii U broadcasting that allows several different games to run within the vicinity of the base console on the handheld devices. Plus the units combining with the handheld becoming a screen for the home unit.

Reggie: Blah, blah, blah you get free wifi at your friends house so why not free games.
Reggie: Blah, blah, blah most families do not have several televisions but by getting both units they have another that is exclusively for games and media apps.

Think vertical Wii U with a screen bolted on the side.

no

Scarftail

Neo Member
From how it's stated and everything else pointing to it, it succeeds both the 3DS and Wii U. He wouldn't have mentioned the 3DS if the NX didn't involve a handheld in any way. I think a hybrid system is a bundle of both the handheld and console, but a single 'ecosystem' taking multiple shapes is what this sounds like. This might sound controversial, but if Nintendo is fully adapting Apple's model, they might actually make a single game library that both consoles (and possibly more) would be able to play. I know some people will say Nintendo is only referring to ports of the same game when they discuss easing software development, but I doubt that's the only thing they find difficult enough to warrant a new hardware approach.

Top Bottom