• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Royal Edition is $9.99 on xbox

I've been eyeing this game for a while. $9.99 for the base game plus all the DLC seems like a steal.

I've heard extremely mixed things about this game, but I think I'm going to give it a go.

I'm hoping to beat it before Elden Ring comes out. Not sure if that's realistic given this includes all the DLC.

Curious what people's opinion of this game is? I don't really see it discussed/brought up that often.

edit:

Last edited:

Raphael

Oh cool. I might just get it. Tried to play it on my pc some time ago but my pc could t handle it decently.

Does it have any improvements for next gen ?

Last edited:

Ladioss

Curious what people's opinion of this game is? I don't really see it discussed/brought up that often.
I didn't really expect anything from it, and it ended up being the best sandbox RPG I've played in recent memory. I had a much better time with it than with The Witcher 3, for example (way too much Ubisoft-stype open world game to my taste).

It also has some of the best looking forests I've ever seen in a videogame.

I didn't have any problem with bugs during my playthrought, but I played it at least one year, one year and half after initial release.

Last edited:
I didn't really expect anything from it, and it ended up being the best sandbox RPG I've played in recent memory. I had a much better time with it than with The Witcher 3, for example (way too much Ubisoft-stype open world game to my taste).

It also has some of the best looking forests I've ever seen in a videogame.

I didn't have any problem with bugs during my playthrought, but I played it at least one year, one year and half after initial release.
Thanks, did you complete the DLC? Curious what your playtime was to beat it.

FrozenFlame

If it's worth something, as someone who has gaming fatigue, it was one of the best games that I've played in the last few years. It's one of those games that if you forgive the jankiness, you'll find a gem (like Stalker). But I got to say, I really, REALLY hated the combat, especially in the tournaments.

scydrex

I bought it on 2020 stopped playing because of the long loading really long. Finally got a PS5 and will jump back in. Never played it and started on the hardest difficulty. I get lost, the combat is hard but with training you get better and learn how to fight. I love this game and one of the best rpg ever. Shame is 30fps and the graphic is not so good plus janky sometimes but i don't care about that. Like i said in the hardest you can only save sleeping or quitting to the menu. The initial loading is the only things i couldn't pass and decided to play this on PS5. Get this game is awesome and hopefully one today current gen patch for 60fps, higher res and LOD.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
To bad this is still 30fps on Series X.

Yeah it's a dealbreaker to me. The game just feels horrible to play. Legit 30 FPS Oblivion felt better than this, I don't know what's wrong with it. It just feels like it was never intended to be played on a controller or at 30 FPS

I've been eyeing this game for a while. $9.99 for the base game plus all the DLC seems like a steal.

I've heard extremely mixed things about this game, but I think I'm going to give it a go.

I'm hoping to beat it before Elden Ring comes out. Not sure if that's realistic given this includes all the DLC.

edit:

It's brilliant and takes a big steaming piss on Skyrim.

thanks everyone, game is downloading. I plan on starting it once I get off work tonight.

edit: anything I should know about the DLC? is it integrated into the main story or...?

Last edited:

ManaByte

Buy it just to piss off retardera.
Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Stamps1646

If you can get passed the complex combat system, you're in for a treat.

Personally, I found the combat system easier to play with a K/B and Mouse vs the Controller, I played it on PC though.

Last edited:

Moneal

is there something about this game that people find offensive? wasn't aware there is some controversy with it?
There are no dark skinned people in the game. Which caused the gaming press to label the lead guy a racist and not knowing history for stating there would have been none in the area during that time, based on the historians that they consulted and had on staff.

Raven117

I think the game is great, even with the jank.

Its slow, but interesting take on the genre. Plus that quest....
with the priest
you know the one....is hilarious. Some decent writing in the game. Not shakespeare, but good enough.

Im really looking forward to the next one.

Nice. It was on sale on Playstation in December, bought it for £10,49

I installed an SSD on my PS4 to mitigate de pop-in issues the game has on consoles (and reduce the loadings a little), but haven't gotten to play it past the prologue yet.

From my testing though, on a base PS4...

Game loading from dashboard:

with stock HDD: 3 minutes
with SSD: 2 minutes 44 seconds

First load, without save - I don't know if that ever gets faster.

First loading before gameplay:

with stock HDD: 43 seconds
with SSD: 33 seconds

I have no data to compare in regards to the pop-in or further loadings.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
There are no dark skinned people in the game. Which caused the gaming press to label the lead guy a racist and not knowing history for stating there would have been none in the area during that time, based on the historians that they consulted and had on staff.
And even better, the lead designed answered something along the line of "Fuck you, my game is historically accurate and I won't change it to accomodate a few screaming morons*" (he might have used more tact).

jdqdusj2cdh01.jpg

Last edited:

Ladioss

For the gaming press, depicting medieval Europa as being majorly white is a far-right dogwhistle. There can be no positive depiction of a 'white' (lol) European culture if diversity isn't somehow sloted in.
Thanks, did you complete the DLC? Curious what your playtime was to beat it.
I own the DLCs but didn't play them at the time.
The main storyline is relatively short, IIRC you can beat it in around 30-35 hours if you rush it; the optional content is really meaty (side quests, training, exploring) though, and not purely there to fill a map with activities but to help you roleplay your experience and takes ownership of the game world (IMO at least).

Last edited:

Flabagast

I love the game but at launch on base PS4 it ran very bad, like Cyberpunk level of bad (but it flew under the radar obviously as it was a much more anonymous game). How is it today on base last gen consoles ?

nemiroff

Gold Member
Played it on PC and the experience ended up in my top 100 list among four decades worth of games (I played it after the patches started coming in..). One fascinating thing about the game to me is that it is void of scifi, no magic or monsters (well, there kinda are but yeah, I won't spoil it.) and still held my interest. Can't wait for #2.

Last edited:
This game needs a 60 fps patch almost as much as Rdr2 and Mafia 1 remake. Good to great games that are hurt by their cumbersome controls and ui. It's total BS that Rdr2 hasn't been patched. At least Kingdome Come is a smaller dev so it's more understandable. No excuse for Mafia remake though as that game came out in September 21, just 2 months before next gen.

I really wish that console gamers would start demanding more from these devs. We bought these games, we bought the new consoles, yet these games aren't being brought in line with the current gens tech. Console gamers think that it's perfectly acceptable for devs to make a game and move on and we should be happy with what scraps we get. I can understand it from small devs a little bit but not Rockstarbor Bethesda (F76) esp when their games are live services.

The frame rate sounds terrible, are the loading times improved on Series S|X?
We need to come up with a way to affect some change amongst devs so they patch their games for the next gen consoles. 60 fps is needed for this game to be enjoyable.

Perhaps a website devoted to just this where petitions can be made and articles written to get the attention of developers. Games like this, Rdr2, Mafia remake, dishonored 2, and many more are languishing at 30 fps. We have the hardware now. Devs should want to go the extra mile for their customers out of pride for their game. They should want it to be experienced at a performance level in line with current hardware and they should know that patching it will generate good will and hype for their next game! The only reason we don't get more patches is because they know they can get away with it because console gamers have been trained by companies and media to just "deal with it and accept that devs owe us nothing". That is true devs don't owe us anything but this should be standard practice.

Top Bottom