• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3: Nomuras Interview with GamesTM

Pachimari

I'm still stuck in Kingdom Hearts 1 at the beach. I were stuck there back on PS2, and I'm stuck there now on PS3. And it's only the start. I have no hope.

Yet, I'm a little excited about Kingdom Hearts III.

Good to know the Kingdom Shader is still a thing after the UE4 shift.

And there are more KH games with multiple playable characters than there are ones with a single character, so I expect Sora and Riku at the very least. Maybe Aqua, since they'll already have 0.2 to copy/paste her from.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Of course, sometimes when we’re writing the story then sometimes they ask us to give it a lighter tone or happier ending – but they haven’t stopped us from doing anything.

Famassu

Good to know the Kingdom Shader is still a thing after the UE4 shift.

And there are more KH games with multiple playable characters than there are ones with a single character, so I expect Sora and Riku at the very least. Maybe Aqua, since they'll already have 0.2 to copy/paste her from.
Thing is, Nomura has remained insistent that the big mainline games are more or less still focused on Sora. Of course that doesn't mean Sora will be the only playable character throughout KHIII, but people probably shouldn't expect to be free to choose from 20 different playable characters right from the start. Best to keep expectations in check. Hope for some kind of system that maybe gives some level of freedom over who you play as at some point in the game, but be prepared to something where you'll play KHII's Roxas prologue like segments with other characters while Sora is still the main guy for the rest of the game with no choice in the matter.

Thing is, Nomura has remained insistent that the big mainline games are more or less still focused on Sora. Of course that doesn't mean Sora will be the only playable character throughout KHIII, but people probably shouldn't expect to be free to choose from 20 different playable characters right from the start. Best to keep expectations in check. Hope for some kind of system that maybe gives some level of freedom over who you play as at some point in the game, but be prepared to something where you'll play KHII's Roxas prologue like segments with other characters while Sora is still the main guy for the rest of the game with no choice in the matter.
I'm not expecting full blown additional characters, but something more along the lines of KH2, where Riku and (moreso) Mickey were playable under very specific circumstances.

Famassu

I can't help thinking that playing as Kairi during the tutorial makes too much sense.
I thought so as well, but Nomura said that the beginning of KHIII would be something no one expects, so that makes me hesitate it would be something so predictable. That and Kairi should really be at least somewhat adequate with the Keyblade by the start of KHIII if she's to actually be one of the seven against Xehanort(s). It'd make more sense if she actually knew how to use it by that point since it's probably not like the game's events will take months or years to happen. Though I guess Sora was a newb as well in KH1 and could beat Ansem, so I guess she could see as great a growth as KH1 Sora as a keyblade wielder in KHIII too.

I thought so as well, but Nomura said that the beginning of KHIII would be something no one expects, so that makes me hesitate it would be something so predictable. That and Kairi should really be at least somewhat adequate with the Keyblade by the start of KHIII if she's to actually be one of the seven against Xehanort(s). It'd make more sense if she actually knew how to use it by that point since it's probably not like the game's events will take months or years to happen. Though I guess Sora was a newb as well in KH1 and could beat Ansem, so I guess she could see as great a growth as KH1 Sora as a keyblade wielder in KHIII too.

Shota Xehanort vs Shota Eraques.

Kouriozan

Maybe Xion.
She's Sora (but who isn't :lol) and they gotta "reconstruct" her somehow. Maybe that would be too much for the beginning though.

Another suggestion would be either Eraqus or Xehanort via flashbacks.

Where's the date for this article? I want to make sure it's brand new and not old. On the page the date is nowhere to be found.

Edit: Nevermind I found it. September 29. Too late for my purposes.

Top Bottom