• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think Pride Lands (The Lion King) is very likely to return. The animal transformation was a fun gimmick, the world is a fan favorite and the movie is still one of the most popular franchises from Disney up to this day.

Two years ago, Nomura was asked in a Korean publication if any Disney world would return with the Hercules one. He said that he could not say which ones yet, but that his favorites are Halloween Town and Pride Lands, and the former is not returning.

Best news I've heard about the game.

PSFan

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

Um, didn't they announce that there would be a Frozen world? I coulda sworn they did.

McBryBry

I think Pride Lands (The Lion King) is very likely to return. The animal transformation was a fun gimmick, the world is a fan favorite and the movie is still one of the most popular franchises from Disney up to this day.

Two years ago, Nomura was asked in a Korean publication if any Disney world would return with the Hercules one. He said that he could not say which ones yet, but that his favorites are Halloween Town and Pride Lands, and the former is not returning.

I was just thinking myself that Halloween Town would feel like a retread if it came back a third time, glad to see its gone. Nothing wrong with it of course, just the strongest feeling of "been there, done that" for me.

Hope everyone is ready for Agrabah! Again!

I want this just so they can adapt the best Aladdin film.

latest

xfactor99

Sorry to burst y'all bubble but the Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet were box office duds. I don't think it's happening, they would draw on the well of more successful Pixar movies or other yet to be used Disney movies such as Jungle Book first.

I would be shocked if Frozen isn't one of the remaining Disney worlds.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's fine, I always found the really short and small worlds kind of pointless. I'd have taken an extra map or two in each world in KH1 over Monstro or Wonderland.

Fine with Olympus being the mainstay. Lots you can do with that world, or just not doing much and sticking to tournaments works well too.

Visually Halloween Town was great but the maps were horrendously designed in both games.

Keym

Sorry to burst y'all bubble but the Emperor's New Groove and Treasure Planet were box office duds. I don't think it's happening, they would draw on the well of more successful Pixar movies or other yet to be used Disney movies such as Jungle Book first.

I would be shocked if Frozen isn't one of the remaining Disney worlds.
Oh hey, they actually could go for the Jungle Book, since it's a discarded world from Birth By Sleep. They'd probably model it after the live action movie though.

Harmen

Any chance for a Star Wars or Marvel world? I loved Pirates and Tron in KH2 because they were so different, SW or Marvel could really add to the KH3 experience I feel. I hope it is not all animated films as source material for the worlds, as much as I love Disney's animated output and having Toy Story is ace.

Wildo09

-The Toy Story world takes place after Toy Story 2. It's not a parallel world from the movie. the incident that happens in KH3 is canon story in Toy Story movie universe.

Lol at the Toy Story world being invaded by fucking heartless 😂

Berordn

They didn't. People just assume since it's like a no-brainer.

There's no sure thing when it comes to this series, but given the series popularity worldwide (and especially in Japan), and knowing that Big Hero 6 isn't too recent to be included in KH makes it seem pretty likely.

Jungle Book is also a safe bet because they've been trying to get it into the series for ages and almost did with BBS, and now the live action movie and impending sequel probably put it high up Disney's request list.

13ruce

Banned
I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

It think Daybreak town from the mobile game will also be in.

BroBot

Any chance for a Star Wars or Marvel world? I loved Pirates and Tron in KH2 because they were so different, SW or Marvel could really add to the KH3 experience I feel. I hope it is not all animated films as source material for the worlds, as much as I love Disney's animated output and having Toy Story is ace.

I think dlc would be the best place for SW and Marvel worlds.

bones123

Not so shocking, but with what happened with Final Fantasy 15, this feels more like Square Enix saying "SHUT UP, NOMURA, AND JUST FINISH THE FUCKING GAME."

This is really freakin HUGE. Would this stick?

Stick in what way? Nothing is going to happen in the game that's going to have any meaningful impact on the rest of the franchise. It's easy to say something is canon when it's self contained like this. You just need someone from Pixar to go "Uhhh, sure, whatever"

Ydelnae

Nomura said that they asked Disney about including Star Wars in KH3 when Lucastars was bought by them and while possible, they came with contractual rules and stuff.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/t...haracters-in-kingdom-hearts-iii/1100-6411176/

I personally think it's in.

LiK

I don't mind if it's more fleshed out than the previous games. I'm glad Hercules world is finally gone. They really had a hard on for that world.

aravuus

0 problem with this. I've always found the original worlds to be much more interesting cause all the crazy plot shit happens in those.

Of course the Disney worlds are nice too, but I'll gladly take a smaller number of big, more open worlds.

Hopefully they've finally dropped Agrabah and Atlantica though.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Not so shocking, but with what happened with Final Fantasy 15, this feels more like Square Enix saying "SHUT UP, NOMURA, AND JUST FINISH THE FUCKING GAME."

There was a recent set of articles where Nomura states the delay is Square Enix's fault for having them change the engine. This caused them to rewind back and rework the game.

xfactor99

This made me think, I wish the KH series was more creative with the crossovers. What is the point of having a Square Enix x Disney collaboration if we don't have Sephiroth and Darth Vader interacting. It's probably a pain in the ass to work with the license holders but it's not an insurmountable task.

BreakAtmo

Seems like it, and even then it's a massively expanded concept for Olympus that we've never seen before since the world has never had exploration to a notable extent.

I'm pretty sure this was confirms a while back - all the worlds are new except for Olympus. I assume it's because there's no way they were ever giving up the Colosseum, far too much of a series staple. Plus it's a perfect way to have characters appear even if their worlds don't. Hopefully we get some old Disney heroes and villains to fight.

Harmen

I think dlc would be the best place for SW and Marvel worlds.

I would be fine with that, as long as the DLC is handled/integrated well. Still, I hope they will be at least one non-animated film world in it, Marvel/SW or not. And hell, both Marvel and SW can be animated as well offcourse, if they insist on it. Plenty of source material that would fit in.

Nomura said that they asked Disney about including Star Wars in KH3 when Lucastars was bought by them and while possible, they came with contractual rules and stuff.

Source: https://www.gamespot.com/articles/t...haracters-in-kingdom-hearts-iii/1100-6411176/

Hmm, interesting. We will see.

Keym

While this would be incredibly cool, I think I'd choose an MCU world over Star Wars, supposing only one of those big names could be included.

Just imagine KH2's battle against 100 heartless... except it's 1000 heartless. In New York. With the Avengers.

Fine with that. Found most of kh2 worlds to feel pretty lifeless. Can only hope we have a nice collection of worlds if it's indeed less.

A reminder of all of the worlds in KH2

Land of Dragons (Mulan)
Beast's Castle (Beauty and the Beast)
Olympus Coliseum (Hercules)
100 Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh)
Disney Castle
Timeless River (Steamboat Willie)
Atlantica (The Little Mermaid)
Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Agrabah (Aladdin)
Halloween Town (The Nightmare Before Christmas)
Pride Lands (The Lion King)
Space Paranoids (Tron)
Hollow Bastion / Radiant Garden
Twilight Town
The World that Never Was

If KH3 has at least 10, then I'd be okay with that

7 was too low for Dream Drop Distance.

raven777

Nomura should share when they're gonna show KH III again. There's still Gamescon, TGS, PSX and Jump Festa this year.

I highly doubt we will see anything at gamescom. TGS is a likely place, although it could be just rehash and the real stuff might have to wait for Jump Festa..

ZeroX03

Banned
Feels like Big Hero 6 kind of covers Marvel. Feels like Avengers would be too noisy and I'm not sure who'd be good solo. Ant Man? But Toy Story already has shrinking. Guardians of the Galaxy could be good but...

Star Wars hype would be insane. The lightsaber keyblade. Would almost make up for them wasting Tron Legacy on DDD.

Fine with that. Found most of kh2 worlds to feel pretty lifeless. Can only hope we have a nice collection of worlds if it's indeed less.

They need to add NPCs to the levels. And more moving background elements. They increased the scope of the worlds but it felt so much emptier without anything but Heartless filling it.

You can bet you fucking ass that Frozen will be included on that list. Frozen and Let it Go were like the coming of Christ in Asian territories. It will definitely be a world.

So the list is currently:

Twilight Town
Olympus
The Kingdom of Corona
San FranSokyo
Andy's Room
The Kingdom of Arendelle

Likely candidates for the remaining worlds:

Zootopia
Moana
Finding Nemo
Brave
Coco

Please don't return to:
Atlantica
Beast's Castle
Traverse Town

Sick of these places.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Just give me Marvel & Star Wars and I'm good.

FUCK. So much for seeing Nightmare Before Christmas rendered in UE4 :/

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you imagine that you get surprise attacked while traveling on the Gummi Ship like Monstro in KH1... but instead it's the Death Star?

Can't wait to destroy the Death Star in my Gumi ship

Damn beaten.

SW could probably be well represented by Tattooine and the Death Star. Fill the desert and sci-fi themes and tell a complete story.

Top Bottom