• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

specdot

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.
They should put in Motonui from Moana. Get a small boat and sail the ocean, fight those little coconut pirates (heartless version) , then the disco crab guy, and finally Te Ka. Would be dope.

J-Skee

Wait, wait, wait.... this shit is canon with the Toy Story movies? So you mean to tell me that this kid with Donald Duck & Goofy comes on a Gummi Ship talking about Heartless & Nobodies & Keyblade Wars & sea salt ice cream to Buzz & Woody & then after all of that these motherfuckers are worried about daycare?!

Piers

There's the aspect of avoiding spoilers, but it feels like Square is being uptight about showing actual new worlds to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if it's just five worlds. (Hercules, BH6, Toy Story, Tangled and a unrevealed one)
Especially with how grandiose they have to be about showing a new trailer, like it's a premiere film. Ugh.

Berordn

Wait, wait, wait.... this shit is canon with the Toy Story movies? So you mean to tell me that this kid with Donald Duck & Goofy comes on a Gummi Ship talking about Heartless & Nobodies & Keyblade Wars & sea salt ice cream to Buzz & Woody & then after all of that these motherfuckers are worried about daycare?!

The twist is that KH is the actual Disney Canon and everything else is just a retelling.

none of this is canon and that's just a quote taken out of context, mark my words

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm 90% sure if there's a world based on the MCU, it's gonna be Asgard.

The most obvious one would be near the beginning of the MCU, likely during the Battle of New York. Fans would be happy with Asgard but I think throwing the full Avengers team in is what would get the biggest reaction.

The problem is that now that might look too similar to the Big Hero 6 world.

Personally, I think KH3 will have one of the following: Star Wars or Marvel. And I'm leaning towards Star Wars for KH3 and Marvel for KH4 eventually.

Soriku

Yawn that tangled and big hero 6 are worlds!

Need frozen, treasure island, Moana and other visially cool ones

San Fransokyo isn't visually cool? And wait for Frozen.

Fantastic. The Disney stuff is actually the worst thing about the KH series.

I think you are confused sir.

There are less worlds but each one is significantly bigger. So most likely we're going to be spending even more time in Disney worlds than in the past.

Buzz also had a whole cartoon where he saved the world with other space friends. Toy Story canon is weird.

I'm fine with this. I think Kingdom Hearts is going to end up as the last world, and they've got a lot of loose plot to tie up, so I understand allotting fewer Disney worlds (which doesn't necessarily mean fewer Disney characters)

What, why would Kingdom Hearts be canon in Toy Story verse? Is Sora gonna be in 4?

If the reception is good, a cameo isn't unlikely.

Isotropy

Bleh.

Toy Story, Big Hero 6.. now people want Marvel?

How many photorealistic, 21st century, suburban/city American settings are people wanting in KH3? Boring.

I'm so sad they wasted Fantasia on Dream Drop Distance - it could have been an absolute centrepiece for KH3.

ZeoVGM

Banned
There's the aspect of avoiding spoilers, but it feels like Square is being uptight about showing actual new worlds to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if it's just five worlds. (Hercules, BH6, Toy Story, Tangled and a unrevealed one)
Especially with how grandiose they have to be about showing a new trailer, like it's a premiere film. Ugh.

There's zero chance of this. That would be a disaster.

Ydelnae

They should have used 3D to introduce worlds from less popular movies instead of serving us direct to DVD Mickey movies, another damn Pinocchio retreat and the Tron sequel in which they had to do mental gymnastics to explain why the sequel takes place before the original world.

The game was not going to sell that much anyway and the "all worlds are new!" excuse even if they recycled movies was a joke. 3D should have been the ideal game to feature movies like Emperor's New Groove or classics like the Sword in the Stone, while leaving the blockbusters for the mainline games.

Ouroboros

I think I'm OK with this.

I've been replaying all the old games since the PS4 HD versions came out. I'm almost finished with 2 and one thing that really sticks out this time around for me is how bare the worlds are. They are very boring and short. If there are like 5-6 worlds that are very detailed and lengthy, I'm ok with this.

I'd really like for them to return to the Timeless River world, and as long as Stitch is in the game somehow, I'm cool with it. Just for god sake, please please PLEASE no 100 acre wood mini game world. Such a waste of dev time.

Berordn

I'm so sad they wasted Fantasia on Dream Drop Distance - it could have been an absolute centrepiece for KH3.

They did only use 4 of the shorts from Fantasia (and even then Sorcerer's Apprentice and Knight on Bald Mountain were only token references).

They could easily dig up the concept for the remaining shorts, if they wanted.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If it happens you know it'll be the Abrams-verse with Rey and Finn as support characters.
get-that-shit-out-of-my-face-vga-2012-commercial-samuel-l-jackson-baby-gif.gif

The most obvious one would be near the beginning of the MCU, likely during the Battle of New York. Fans would be happy with Asgard but I think throwing the full Avengers team in is what would get the biggest reaction.

The problem is that now that might look too similar to the Big Hero 6 world.

Personally, I think KH3 will have one of the following: Star Wars or Marvel. And I'm leaning towards Star Wars for KH3 and Marvel for KH4 eventually.
Yeah, New York is gonna be a little too close to San Fransokyo design-wise to be in the same game. Knowhere could work for the Guardians, but then that would be a little too similar to Deep Space in Birth By Sleep. Wakanda hasn't even been shown on film yet. That means Asgard is the only one that can fit the bill.

ZeoVGM

Banned
get-that-shit-out-of-my-face-vga-2012-commercial-samuel-l-jackson-baby-gif.gif

Yeah, New York is gonna be a little too close to San Fransokyo design-wise to be in the same game. Knowhere could work for the Guardians, but then that would be a little too similar to Deep Space in Birth By Sleep. Wakanda hasn't even been shown on film yet. That means Asgard is the only one that can fit the bill.

Fighting on the Bifrost could be pretty damn amazing to look at. But I think a Guardians world would be unique enough from Deep Space though where it could work.

ZeoVGM

Banned
There is no 4, this series ended 100% perfectly with 3.

(At least for me, fuck them for making a 4th movie... Mehh)

People said that when they announced 3 too. I have full faith in Pixar. They won't screw up a Toy Story movie.

(And Rashida Jones wrote the story, which I'm really excited about.)

Yukinari

Emperor's New Groove, Jungle Book (which was robbed in BBS), or Fantasia 2000 need to be in this game.

Like how in the fuck are they gonna ignore these movies yet Tron Legacy gets a world.

Emperor's New Groove, Jungle Book (which was robbed in BBS), or Fantasia 2000 need to be in this game.

Like how in the fuck are they gonna ignore these movies yet Tron Legacy gets a world.
Tron Legacy got a world because Sora has history with Tron, the movie was fairly recent, it had a cool aesthetic and it played on existential questions since the Tron from KH2 was a copy and Sora is dealing with his own issues with copies

The Rinzler boss fight was hella emotional

KH2 had 12 Disney worlds. So I'm guessing 8-9 for 3. So far I'm not too happy with the selection. Toy Story and BH6 I'm super pumped for since they were 2 of my biggest wants but Hercules is a huge bummer especially since they're going with less worlds. I know it's going to be a different area than past games but still it's been in nearly every single KH game. Let other films have a chance to shine please. Also Tangled and the inevitable Frozen being in is also disappointing. Nothing against those films, but I don't see how those worlds will be all the interesting to explore.

I'm just hoping they keep the amount of 90s Disney films to a minimum but I know there's going to be at least 1 more. Give me a Star Wars world, MCU world, and at least 1 more Pixar world and I'll be happy. But I know all 3 are silm. I remember reading a while ago that either SW or MCU would be unlikely and they apparently had to fight to get Toy Story in so I guess Pixar would probably be off the table as well :/ I'd honestly rather have something like Atlantis or Treasure Planet over another 90s Disney film being put in. I know those films bomb but they had very interesting worlds that would lend themselves well to this game.

Bleh.

Toy Story, Big Hero 6.. now people want Marvel?

How many photorealistic, 21st century, suburban/city American settings are people wanting in KH3? Boring.

Did you even watch Big Hero 6? That world is probably the msot visually interesting out of all the ones announced so far.

What, why would Kingdom Hearts be canon in Toy Story verse? Is Sora gonna be in 4?

I mean does it really matter if it's cannon or not if none of the movies will ever reference it?
Which they won't.

Kyzer

Banned
KH2 had 12 Disney worlds. So I'm guessing 8-9 for 3. So far I'm not too happy with the selection. Toy Story and BH6 I'm super pumped for since they were 2 of my biggest wants but Hercules is a huge bummer especially since they're going with less worlds. I know it's going to be a different area than past games but still it's been in nearly every single KH game. Let other films have a chance to shine please. Also Tangled and the inevitable Frozen being in is also disappointing. Nothing against those films, but I don't see how those worlds will be all the interesting to explore.

I'm just hoping they keep the amount of 90s Disney films to a minimum but I know there's going to be at least 1 more. Give me a Star Wars world, MCU world, and at least 1 more Pixar world and I'll be happy. But I know all 3 are silm. I remember reading a while ago that either SW or MCU would be unlikely and they apparently had to fight to get Toy Story in so I guess Pixar would probably be off the table as well :/ I'd honestly rather have something like Atlantis or Treasure Planet over another 90s Disney film being put in. I know those films bomb but they had very interesting worlds that would lend themselves well to this game.

Did you even watch Big Hero 6? That world is probably the msot visually interesting out of all the ones announced so far.

I mean does it really matter if it's cannon or not if none of the movies will ever reference it?
Which they won't.

I could see them putting a small easter egg in the background of the next movie, considering they helped put together the story in it

Okay, less worlds than 2 but I'll pretend it was more than in KH1. Let's say...10 worlds. Nomura also specified Disney, so I'll leave out the original worlds.

We have:
-Mount Olympus
-Kingdom of Corona
-San Fransokyo
-Toy Story

We need 6 more. My predictions/desperate hopes are:
-Frozen (Too obvious and adds a snow themed world)
-Moana (Ocean world to replace Pirates)
-Wreck-It Ralph (Minigame world to replace Pooh)
-Treasure Planet (Space world)
-Jungle Book (Jungle world to replace Lion King)
-An expanded Disney Castle/Town?

I considered Olympus the only returning world, but if that's not the case, Agrabah will certainly be back to cover King of Thieves.

No Star Wars beyond Vader secret boss. No Marvel because Big Hero 6 covers that theme.

raven777

I haven't watched Wreck-It Ralph but doesn't that movie have bunch of characters from other videogames? I wonder how the licensing will work if they put that movie in.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
They'll forgive me for being skeptical. I expect the same barren, lifeless worlds that we always get.

Okay, less worlds than 2 but I'll pretend it was more than in KH1. Let's say...10 worlds. Nomura also specified Disney, so I'll leave out the original worlds.

We have:
-Mount Olympus
-Kingdom of Corona
-San Fransokyo
-Toy Story

We need 6 more. My predictions/desperate hopes are:
-Frozen (Too obvious and adds a snow themed world)
-Moana (Ocean world to replace Pirates)
-Wreck-It Ralph (Minigame world to replace Pooh)
-Treasure Planet (Space world)
-Jungle Book (Jungle world to replace Lion King)
-An expanded Disney Castle/Town?

I considered Olympus the only returning world, but if that's not the case, Agrabah will certainly be back to cover King of Thieves.

No Star Wars beyond Vader secret boss. No Marvel because Big Hero 6 covers that theme.

Not a bad list at all. If this is the Final world count, I wouldn't be dissappointed. I like the idea of Wreck it Ralph being the minigame world too, though it would be a licensing nightmare. Treasure Planet definitely won't be making it in though. And I think Agrabah will definitely in, especially with the live action film coming soon. It and Hercules are the two cockroaches of this franchise.

DNAbro

They'll forgive me for being skeptical. I expect the same barren, lifeless worlds that we always get.

well of course they will be barren and lifeless. Just bigger and more to traverse and more enemies to kill.

And as an aside, Moana is way too recent.

Top Bottom