• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

otakukidd

Would be cool if the tangled world and frozen world we're the same one. It was always rumored that they took place in the same world.

Berordn

Not a bad list at all. If this is the Final world count, I wouldn't be dissappointed. I like the idea of Wreck it Ralph being the minigame world too, though it would be a licensing nightmare. Treasure Planet definitely won't be making it in though. And I think Agrabah will definitely in, especially with the live action film coming soon. It and Hercules are the two cockroaches of this franchise.

If they're just making generic game knockoffs and only featuring characters from Fix-It Felix or Sugar Rush there's no licensing issues, Disney owns all of that.

well of course they will be barren and lifeless. Just bigger and more to traverse and more enemies to kill.

And as an aside, Moana is way too recent.

How so? By the time the game comes out it'll have been 2 years since Moana was released. Plenty of time to implement it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
How many worlds are there in KH2 and what are the Disney worlds?

Hercules
Mulan
Beauty and the Beast
Winnie the Pooh
Disney Castle
Steamboat Willie
The Little Mermaid
Pirates of the Caribbean
Aladdin
Holloweentown
The Lion King
Tron
Look at this list full on old school nostalgia(aside from pirates)wouldn't mind if they used newer stuff now.
Give me moana,princess and the frog,frozen,wreck it Ralph,Up,inside out etc

Golnei

If they're just making generic game knockoffs and only featuring characters from Fix-It Felix or Sugar Rush there's no licensing issues, Disney owns all of that.

Why not just use various Square-Enix characters to fill things out? It'd be less of a random choice than the TWEWY characters' cameos.

Not a bad list at all. If this is the Final world count, I wouldn't be dissappointed. I like the idea of Wreck it Ralph being the minigame world too, though it would be a licensing nightmare. Treasure Planet definitely won't be making it in though. And I think Agrabah will definitely in, especially with the live action film coming soon. It and Hercules are the two cockroaches of this franchise.

Wrevk-It Ralph could be a nightmare, so they'd probably focus on Fix-it Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush.

I put Treasure Planet because Square was working with Roy Conli, who produced both Tangled and Big Hero 6 and helped Square include them in KH3. He also did Treasure Planet, so I thought it would be an easy add. But, if that's not the case, I suppose Agrabah would replace it.

RCU005

If Hercules's world is huge as it looks in the trailers, then it makes sense that there are fewer worlds. However, I still believe they will announce another new world before release, and the game will have at least the 7 princesses' worlds. IMO is not too bad. Right now, they might want to focus on the main plot, and not the side individual stories from the different worlds.

I'm pretty sure the worlds were decided quite a while ago.

Big Hero 6 was the last world that was decided for the game after it was suddenly requested in late 2015(by Disney?).

Source?

Wrevk-It Ralph could be a nightmare, so they'd probably focus on Fix-it Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush.

I put Treasure Planet because Square was working with Roy Conli, who produced both Tangled and Big Hero 6 and helped Square include them in KH3. He also did Treasure Planet, so I thought it would be an easy add. But, if that's not the case, I suppose Agrabah would replace it.

As much as I'd like Wreck-It-Ralph, I still feel like they'd use a Hundred Acre wood instead lol.

Okay, less worlds than 2 but I'll pretend it was more than in KH1. Let's say...10 worlds. Nomura also specified Disney, so I'll leave out the original worlds.

We have:
-Mount Olympus
-Kingdom of Corona
-San Fransokyo
-Toy Story

We need 6 more. My predictions/desperate hopes are:
-Frozen (Too obvious and adds a snow themed world)
-Moana (Ocean world to replace Pirates)
-Wreck-It Ralph (Minigame world to replace Pooh)
-Treasure Planet (Space world)
-Jungle Book (Jungle world to replace Lion King)
-An expanded Disney Castle/Town?

I considered Olympus the only returning world, but if that's not the case, Agrabah will certainly be back to cover King of Thieves.

No Star Wars beyond Vader secret boss. No Marvel because Big Hero 6 covers that theme.

We'll get a lilo and stitch world not moana. Stitch was in kh2 as a summon and bbs covered the opening scenes of L&S. Moana is also likely too new to be included and L&S would cover a similar themed world.

Afrodium

Banned
No fucking way anyone in charge of Toy Story agrees that KH3 is Toy Story canon. That's some Nomura head canon that nobody has called him out on.

So big hero six will likely be one of the last worlds you visit I hope. Having most of the transformations and rides would be great for a superhero world after all

It's alright man, we'll get Agrabah instead to dry up them tears :)
I refuse to play this place again. I'll have my wife to it twice if it's in lol

We'll get a lilo and stitch world not moana. Stitch was in kh2 as a summon and bbs covered the opening scenes of L&S. Moana is also likely too new to be included and L&S would cover a similar themed world.

Ah, okay. If Big Hero 6 was the cutoff, then Moana is indeed too recent. I guess Lilo and Stitch is fine, I just don't want to deal with lame-ass Gantu again.

GunBR

Probably Toy Story will be the only Pixar world right?
Because one based on Monsters Inc would be amazing

And I'm pretty sure that we gonna have a Jungle Book world, specially if Pride Lands (Lion King) don't return on this one

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

My nostradamus prediction before has been 7 disney worlds too. If you put a gun to my head what the whole game would consist of it would be:

Announced:
Big Hero 6
Hercules
Tangled
Toy Story
Twilight Town/Mysterious Tower

Unannounced:
Frozen. I cannot imagine a situation where it isn't one of the worlds. It's too popular, released at a too convenient time to KH3 developement and winter world is a stark contrast to anything other KH3 thus far that have a very much summer feel to them.

Disney #6. This is a bit harder to quess but I think there will be one more returning world beside Hercules. And I think it has a decent chance of being Aladdin (cue the boos).

Like Hercules it's one of the series staple worlds, very popular movie, very easy to implement to KH with the action adventure theme. And most importantly they can keep it fresh with implementing the third movie and having less focus on Agrabah. Or they could do something completely original and the characters would work just fine.

If for some reason it's not Aladdin another possibility that comes to mind is Pirates.

Disney #7. Could go two ways. If they get the permission for it despite EA shenanigans and Disney is cool with it I think it will be Star Wars. First and foremost it's too big of an IP for Square not to use it if given the chance. Secondly it's another world that fits too easily due to action adventure roots. Thirdly it fits the "surprising" world slot.

If they for some reason are denied Star Wars it becomes much harder to predict. It could basically be anything but I suppose two worlds come to mind. First off Treasure Planet due to Roy being somewhat on board with implementing his other 2 movies to the game. The only reason going against this is that TP is one of those movies Disney and Square probably don't particularly care about pushing.

Second one being Jungle Book since they have tried implementing the world before but my big problem with it is that they would need to strip a ton of gameplay mechanics away akin to Lion King world in KH2 if they went with animal forms and who knows if they want to deal with it now that the worlds are longer. I suppose they could do some unique new stuff for lion form. But really this last world could be almost anything and it wouldn't surprise me. Maybe they want to have one old Disney flick to balance out the new ones like Robin Hood or (please god) Mouse Detective.

As for unannounced original worlds:

Radiant Garden. It's been the most common original world in KH wether it's Hollow Bastion or Radiant Garden. I think it will have some small role to play.

Final World. I assume this is some fucked up version of Daybreak Town summoned by MX at Keyblade Graveyard or something. Too much work done modelling the town for XBC for not to use it.

Thats pretty much it. I think Castle Oblivion, Disney Castle and Destiny Islands will have a non playable role or something really bite sized not to really count as a proper world.

Wildcard: Winnieh the Pooh. I'm 50/50 on it returning. If it does it'll be much smaller scale to other Disney worlds and is a minigame hub like before.

Still sticking to my prediction of 7/8 Disney worlds counting the mini-game one. Only 3 more to reveal, and one of them I guess will be returning from an old game so that Olympus doesn't feel out of place between all these new movies.

Has to be Agrabah. Still got Aladdin and the 40 Thieves to adapt and a full fledged Agrabah would be amazing to play through.

Although there will be less DISNEY worlds, there may be an equal amount of Disney and Kingdom Hearts worlds. I like their new approach.

We've been playing the same layouts of some of these worlds throughout the series. I'm excited to see these much larger and in depth interpretations. Olympus Coliseum was always such a small world, and now it seems like a fully fleshed out area. It should be much better to explore.

Finaj

I'm really surprised they haven't announced a Frozen world yet, especially considering how well it did in Japan.

Shadic7700

TBH 100 acre woods is one of the best worlds in 2 if you didn't like it your a monster
love you Winne you'll always be in my heart :-(
on that note didn't like many of the recent Disney film but Ralph was good I'd take it if Sonic was there lol

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wait--are they going to use this to explain Little Bo Peep's absence in Toy Story 3?

Also, I want a Zootopia world. That seems like it would be an amazing addition.

Berordn

Why not just use various Square-Enix characters to fill things out? It'd be less of a random choice than the TWEWY characters' cameos.

That's actually a good point. I completely forgot that SE owned Taito for a second, so Space Invaders and Bubble Bobble would be an easy thing to make happen.

Btw, that place Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus were playing chess is apparently one of the original worlds so it looks like we're going back to a certain castle.

If it is 10 worlds my guess is

Confirmed
Big hero 6
Tangled
Toy story
Hercules

Speculation
Aladdin (king of thieves, desert world)
Jungle book (planned for bbs, nomura likes to take old ideas and finish them)
Frozen (popular, snow world)
Lilo and stitch (kh2 summon, prologue of film was in bbs)
Pirates of the caribbean (cover 2/3rd movie plots, giant world to explore on a boat)
Winnie the pooh (mini game world again)

PSFan

There is no 4, this series ended 100% perfectly with 3.

(At least for me, fuck them for making a 4th movie... Mehh)

Lol no. You missed the entire point of the ending.
By having Andy give the toys to Bonnie at the end, they ensured the series could still continue, not end.

Oh and keep Star Wars far, far away from Kingdom Hearts please. It really doesn't belong in KH, (along with any other live action franchise, the Pirates world kinda sucked).

Catvoca

Banned
or (please god) Mouse Detective.

Yes! Give me that Great Mouse Detective, Victorian London world!

The-Great-Mouse-Detective-Tom-Whalen_1024x1024.jpg

Probably Toy Story will be the only Pixar world right?
Because one based on Monsters Inc would be amazing

And I'm pretty sure that we gonna have a Jungle Book world, specially if Pride Lands (Lion King) don't return on this one

Yeah, I think it'll be the only Pixar world, but if character summons are back, I want Sully!

I'm thinking the roster of worlds will be something like.

Hercules
Toy Story
Tangled
Big Hero 6
Disney World #5
Disney World #6
Disney World #7
The Mysterious Tower/Twilight Town
Radiant Garden
Destiny Islands
Some Endgame World

Of course some worlds will be fairly small but I can see them hitting about a dozen different locations.

This would be just fine with me honestly. I think we'll end up getting a Frozen world, though I'm personally not in favor of that. As for the other two, I couldn't begin to guess.

My bets:
-Jungle Book: Nomura has been trying to incorporate this for years into Kingdom Hearts. Considering last year's remake, I think this could easily show up.
-Frozen: It's incredibly popular, especially in Japan. It also has a unique setting. I have no doubts that this'll be in.
-Star Wars: The only thing that could surpass the Toy Story announcement in terms of shock. As long as there's no licensing issues, I'm certain this will be in.

I'm guessing there could be one more world after this. I'm hoping for something unexpected like Black Cauldron or Atlantis but it might just be a returning world.

Top Bottom