• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 to have less Disney Worlds than KH2

Dice//

Banned
I really hope they stick some npcs in the worlds or else stop calling attention to "all the hustle and bustle" and then panning over empty ass shots of nothing. Am I supposed to be imagining my own npcs here?!

Once I noticed how empty things are it was hard to un-notice.

Honestly an on-going pet-peeve of mine with these games despite....I know how awful it would be to implement.

It would be cool if the games had a daresay Assassin's Creed-like idea where they could fit in NPCs with reactive AI walking around.

Instead towns are usually 3 merchants, a couple if Disney characters, and MAYBE 5 NPCs who look like scrapped Disney background extras.

...pipe dream, that would take forever to do and with what KH already focuses on I doubt they ever will.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
At least the empty worlds are pretty.

_Nemo

I really hope they stick some npcs in the worlds or else stop calling attention to "all the hustle and bustle" and then panning over empty ass shots of nothing. Am I supposed to be imagining my own npcs here?!

Once I noticed how empty things are it was hard to un-notice.

It was hilarious in KH2 Agrabah where Aladdin says "I come here for the action, the people, there's always something going on" or something to that extent while the camera panned to the empty streets.

They probably have an inside look into upcoming films, so it's not impossible that one of those films made it in.

It is unlikely however, despite me really wanting Zootopia and Moana.

No it's impossible. They had an inside look into big hero 6 and picked it before it came out in theaters, that was said in 2015 when the world was announced. Anything that came out after big hero 6 is not in this game.

Bummed to hear about BH6. It was an okay movie but I would prefer a lot of other places first. Considering Frozen is a given as well that makes two worlds, that will be larger than worlds in previous games, that I am really apathetic about. At least Toy Story looks amazing so far.

Balfour

KH being canon to Toy Story opens up worlds of possibilities.
It's because this time it's a new story for the world and not just inserting Sora into am already established one. I don't think any other world will get that treatment

Afrocious

Jesus Christ. I liked this series better when it was about Disney villains trying to conquer different worlds.

Actually, that's still happening but the endgames have always involved an original character messing the worlds up *shrug*.

Also, I always thought the Guardian was a representation of Xehanort's Keyblade. Would be interesting if that's Eraqus.

J-Tier

No it's impossible. They had an inside look into big hero 6 and picked it before it came out in theaters, that was said in 2015 when the world was announced. Anything that came out after big hero 6 is not in this game.
You may be right. But it's not impossible, just incredibly unlikely. Pre-production for some of these series happened years earlier, and unless you've got insider knowledge, there are no absolutes.

Azuran

Banned
[*]Ventus:
Still asleep. Really need to wake up at this point. Roxas' existence and his may be a problem: can they even coexist?
[/LIST]

Yes they can. Dream Drop Distance made it pretty clear they're completely different persons. Roxas and Ventus have nothing to do with each other aside from the fact that one gave his appearance to the other. Also, Riku, despite some slight confusion at first, treats them like two different people.

Sora and Roxas co-existing is the bigger problem considering Roxas doesn't have access to Sora's body anymore.

Ydelnae

NPC in Disney worlds are not just a problem taking from a gameplay perspective, since enemies appear in almost every stage, but also from a design perspective. They would need to have different designs for NPC from each worlds, and also approved by Disney. It could be a nightmare and I understand why there aren't as many as we would like. However, they could fill the Coliseum stage with Moogles or something like that to make certain stages don't feel lifeless as hell.

Jesus Christ. I liked this series better when it was about Disney villains trying to conquer different worlds.

So you liked some worlds from KH1 and that's it.

You may be right. But it's not impossible, just incredibly unlikely. Pre-production for some of these series happened years earlier, and unless you've got insider knowledge, there are no absolutes.

They wouldn't be picking worlds for this game based on pre-production materials. Disney brought them big hero 6 when it was finished and they decided it was for good enough for the game. They're not going to take a huge risk on two movies that were two years away from releasing at the time of making this decision.

There are absolutes when the director of the game tells you as much, but you decide to take it as a loose interpretation. Unless this is mistranslated, people are just going to end up disappointed.

Azuran

Banned

Okay so you're admitting you didn't finish the original game right?

Because I certainly don't remember seeing Ansem in a Disney film before.

Afrocious

I'm weird, and this is probably not the thread for it, but I'm actually looking forward to the original KH worlds more. However, I *am* hyped for both the Toy Story world and whatever shenanigans are going on in Mt Olympus.

I hope Kingdom Hearts itself is the endgame world considering it seems to have zones when one's made and if you can enter it.

J-Tier

They wouldn't be picking worlds for this game based on pre-production materials. Disney brought them big hero 6 when it was finished and they decided it was for good enough for the game. They're not going to take a risk on two movies that were two years away from releasing at the time of making this decision.
No reason to argue this point, it's not like you need to rescue me from false hope or delusion haha. Just saying it's not impossible, that's literally true.
There are absolutes when the director of the game tells you as much, but you decide to take it as a loose interpretation. Unless this is mistranslated, people are just going to end up disappointed.
Are you the director of the game?

Prompto

Banned
I want a retcon scene with Lotso huggin bear getting an organization 13 robe from Xenmas.
It'll be this guy. Back for revenge:

4VVCrp5.jpg

So, with KH3 being canon for toy story,the big take away from this is that Kingdom Hearts is officially part of the Pixar unified theory thing.

This blows the door wide open for cartoon conspiracy theorists.

J-Tier

So, with KH3 being canon for toy story,the big take away from this is that Kingdom Hearts is officially part of the Pixar unified theory thing.

Can't wait for the theorists to weave this convoluted mess together...

Ray Down

Banned

Somebody call The Film Theorists to make an overly video...

No reason to argue this point, it's not like you need to rescue me from false hope or delusion haha. Just saying it's not impossible, that's literally true.
Are you the director of the game?

When the director of the game says "big hero 6 was the last world selected for this game," how are they going to pick movies that are more than two years away from being released taking up a slot before they had picked big hero 6? You can infer the impossibility from what he said. Does he have to say verbatim that these worlds are not in the game

J-Tier

When the director of the game says "big hero 6 was the last world selected for this game," how are they going to pick movies that are more than two years away from being released taking up a slot before they had picked big hero 6? You can infer the impossibility from what he said. Does he have to say verbatim that these worlds are not in the game
Bro, chill. You have no insider knowledge on the development of this game, offhand comments are made by devs all the time so that we can't easily make guesses. I understand that it's incredibly improbable. But I know that it's not impossible. All in all, it's not a big deal. You don't need to save me from terrible embarrassment when Zootopia or Moana don't get in. I'll be okay, I won't commit sudoku.

Bronx-Man

Banned
My final guess for KH3's worlds is:

Olympus
San Fransokyo
Corona
Andy's Room
100-Acre Woods
Arendelle
Sugar Rush
Atlantis
Tatooine
Indian Jungles

The MCU is gonna be sitting this one out.

AAMARMO

Banned
Hmmm.
>How many worlds are there?
While working on the game there was 14 worlds plan for the game, 5 of them which was going to be a semi-open world similar to Metal Gear Solid V or the final section of Final Fantasy XV and the rest are more traditional Kingdom Hearts style levels. The only world I know that was in production at the time were Tangled (Semi-open world), Insomnia (Semi-open world), Big Hero 6 (Linear) and Frozen (Linear).
There was more I worked on however, they had code names and were hard to figure out due to my low knowledge on Disney films.
From the 4Chan leaker http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243520443&postcount=401

Mariip

Guys, let's be reasonable: if they had that kind of insider knowledge no way Big Hero 6 would make it through this game, i mean, with only 8-10 slots for disney worlds why wouldn't you pick Zootopia or Moana over Big Hero if you had the choice?

;-;

Edit: damn, wreck it ralph would make an awesome minigame world... that's so meta

Berordn

Guys, let's be reasonable: if they had that kind of insider knowledge no way Big Hero 6 would make it through this game, i mean, with only 8-10 slots for disney worlds why wouldn't you pick Zootopia or Moana over Big Hero if you had the choice?

;-;

Probably because BH6 existed and was deep into production when they started designing worlds and making plans, whereas Zootopia and Moana were little more than a dream and scraps of storyboard?

KDC720

I can live with it as long as the remaining Disney worlds are interesting. It also avoids the KH2 problem of some worlds being too short in length. Timeless River was like the coolest world in that game but it was also painfully short.

J-Tier

I can live with it as long as the remaining Disney worlds are interesting. It also avoids the KH2 problem of some worlds being too short in length. Timeless River was like the coolest world in that game but it was also painfully short.
I want to see Timeless River return, my favorite KH2 world. Or some other classic Disney stuff like the Mad Doctor.
And have Oswald make an appearance.

Top Bottom